What's wrong with Oakland Raiders Offense?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:59 pm
Aaron Brookes complete 6 passes... and got sacked 7 times.

He was SACKED one more time than the number of completed passes he threw.

Has that EVER been done before...?!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:12 pm
#32 wrote:Aaron Brookes complete 6 passes... and got sacked 7 times.

He was SACKED one more time than the number of completed passes he threw.

Has that EVER been done before...?!

Nope. Do remember that the Chargers were one of the best at stopping the run last year. They went all out especially with Merriman's scary ability. Even Fargas, the Raiders backup RB had more yards than LaMont. Brooks played like how Alex Smith did last year. The offensive line looked like the Texans line last year. And the Raiders D looked invincible. When I say invincible I mean that in a bad way as in Rivers could throw to anyone he wanted.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:29 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I wonder who'll be worse this year, the Raiders O-Line or the Texans O-Line. Right now, the Raiders are in the lead with 9 sacks aloud and 5 sacks aloud for Houston.

The Texans will improve a lot their O-Line during the season. They're implementing the scheme of the Broncos and that takes time, but they'll be better.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:25 pm
I was completely amazed with Rivers passing ability. LT helped out a lot cause the D-LINE was always gonna be defending the run.. bu there was one play where SAPP Blitz through and knocked RIVERs right off his feet Rivers managed to float this increible pass 50 yards or so to a teammate and they scored on that drive.

And what was with Marty Schittentwotimier taking a knee at the end of the 2nd Quater. They could have scored (they were only yards away from a TD ) i think it had to with A) making the 2nd half look like it would still be competitive and b) Just to infuriate Al Davis with a swagger of "Where still gonna beat you with 2 touchdowns"

It must have been a sad day in the life of Al Davis on Monday night. 1st time in 25 years they'd been shut out at home. But i did like coaches style right as the clock was ticking goodbye going for a touchdown as opposed to a field goal. ( I hope Shell is riding there coattails all this week cause the Ravens will be tough )
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:52 pm
Well all I can say is that if the Raiders keep it up, they'll be on the clock for Brady Quinn or Troy Smith.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:50 pm
What's wrong with the Oakland Raiders Offence?

The Oppositions defense
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:58 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:What's wrong with the Oakland Raiders Offence?

The Oppositions defense

Offensive line is horrible. Art Shell better do something about it or else Al is going to choke every one of those 5 men. The QB has only shown signs when the defense hasn't shown the pass rush the Chargers brought. The passing game is very quiet. Brooks can't find any time in the pocket to get one deep for Moss or a nice slant to Anderson or Curry or ect. I do agree on the defense, but unless they feel the need to draft defensive men for the next couple years until guys like John Booty or Colt McCoy prove theirselves then this team will built a new offense, if not, Moss is gone.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:11 am
The O-Line is horrible.... Robert Gallery is a big soft cuunt for the position he was drafted, His heading down the road to bust town.

Whilst The Chargers killed us an we have the Ravens this weekend.. i think that's the toughest where gonna do with defense until we meet the Chargers again later this season and Pitsburgh might throw something at us. otherwise the team's bound to have better offensively productive nights when we play the Browns.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:52 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:otherwise the team's bound to have better offensively productive nights when we play the Browns.

I wouldn't be so sure. If anything, the Browns play some decent defense. It's on offense where they are challenged.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:56 pm
TMC wrote:
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:otherwise the team's bound to have better offensively productive nights when we play the Browns.

I wouldn't be so sure. If anything, the Browns play some decent defense. It's on offense where they are challenged.

Yeah, Drounghns wasn't used much on the ground against the Saints, Jurivicius is gone for some amount of weeks and haven't seen Braylon Edwards since last year. Kellen Winslow Jr. seems the only productive man on that side of the ball. Charlie Frye is still the biggest question mark of the offense. Crennell is in a deep hole.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:26 pm
TMC wrote:

Yuo must give me the benefiet of the doubt ... i base all my stats and conclusions on my xbox360 console when i'm playing madden 07.

The lucky thing is the Raiders are playing in front of the Black Hole, If it was in Cleveland in front of the notorious DAWGPOUND... then i'd be worried about us not being able to produce
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:02 pm
http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_4342029

An interesting link. Rob Ryan Coach of the Raiders Defense battles his brother Rex Ryan coach of the Ravens Defense!!!

Lets go ROB... Show your brother who's boss.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:26 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_4342029

An interesting link. Rob Ryan Coach of the Raiders Defense battles his brother Rex Ryan coach of the Ravens Defense!!!

Lets go ROB... Show your brother who's boss.

Interesting. I wonder why you would want to battle like that when your brother's defense shut out the Bucs and your own defense was dismantled. We'll just see how serious this Ravens team is even if they are facing most likely the worst team in the NFL as of last weeks results.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:16 pm
Excuse me xBayareawarriorX but judging by last weeks results... The Bucs are the worst team in the nfl as well (they got shut out 27-nil too)
didn't they TMC!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:47 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:Excuse me xBayareawarriorX but judging by last weeks results... The Bucs are the worst team in the nfl as well (they got shut out 27-nil too)
didn't they TMC!

It's just a game... I think we didn't expect much of the Ravens and we paid for it... although we won't go anywhere if the O-Line keeps playing so bad (although two of our starters were out last week).

btw, the worst team in the NFL are the Packers.

O.G pawnograffiti wrote:Yuo must give me the benefiet of the doubt ... i base all my stats and conclusions on my xbox360 console when i'm playing madden 07.

Then get some accurate rosters, bro. No wonder you think the Raiders have a shot at the playoffs. :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board