What's wrong with Oakland Raiders Offense?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:47 pm
After waching the Vikings and Eagles game for the Raiders this offseason, there starting unit seems to be struggling.

People will critisize the Offense Co-ordinator (Tom Walsh) but it all falls in the hands of Robert Gallery and Aaron Brooks.

I'd first blame Gallery cause his suppose to be earning big dollars and has been a dissapointment most of his career so far. his letting Defensie Ends and Tackles blow right by him for QB sacks.

Aaron Brooks should get better when the season starts and they let Lamont Jordan's running game out of it's shell. With Jordan picking up a couple of yards on 1st down situations, i just hope Aaron Brookes can do his thang otherwise Andrew Walter shoudn't be to far awayfrom starting.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:29 pm
Don't get your hopes high on Aaron Brooks. I (as a Bucs fan) have been watching him during the last few seasons and he definately will get on your nerves.

It's not for a lack of talent. His numbers, as a whole, look good enough, but he chokes under pressure and makes bad decisicions with the game on the line. I think it's just a matter of time before Andrew Walter becomes the starter.

I can't really talk about Gallery, as I've seen only one full game of the raiders since he was drafted.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:09 am
Yea, Aaron Brooks is inconsistent. He'll be jaw dropping one game then lost the next. Then be inconsistent for the next couple games before he stupefies you. Even though I hate those traitors, they deserve better. Passing up on a franchis QB in Cutler or Leinart was a mistake. So folks, it's pretty much Randy Moss all by himself this season which also means that he may not be in a Raider uniform during next years offseason.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:10 am
TMC wrote:Don't get your hopes high on Aaron Brooks. I (as a Bucs fan) have been watching him during the last few seasons and he definately will get on your nerves.

It's not for a lack of talent. His numbers, as a whole, look good enough, but he chokes under pressure and makes bad decisicions with the game on the line. I think it's just a matter of time before Andrew Walter becomes the starter.

I can't really talk about Gallery, as I've seen only one full game of the raiders since he was drafted.

Haha BRO, i don't think it's so much as Aaron Brooks skills, But more so Tampa Bay's Defence, when you had a guy like Simeon Rice at DE and then a great secondary, of course your gonna make Aaron Brooks look like a clutz.

Anyhow Aaron Brooks can be effective with a good O-Line. I think Andrew Walter can be too. But basically it's penalties and O-line not improving or showing up on gamedays
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:17 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:
TMC wrote:Don't get your hopes high on Aaron Brooks. I (as a Bucs fan) have been watching him during the last few seasons and he definately will get on your nerves.

Haha BRO, i don't think it's so much as Aaron Brooks skills, But more so Tampa Bay's Defence, when you had a guy like Simeon Rice at DE and then a great secondary, of course your gonna make Aaron Brooks look like a clutz.

Anyhow Aaron Brooks can be effective with a good O-Line. I think Andrew Walter can be too. But basically it's penalties and O-line not improving or showing up on gamedays

I wouldn't be suprised if Walter becomes one of those "2nd, 3rd, late round pick all star QB's." I've been raving about this kid last season to my friends telling them that if they think Tuiasasopo is their backup, theyre as good as done. It's a good thing Walter moved up the depth chart or else that Brooks/Tuiasasopo starter/backup combo wouldve been the end of the line for the Raiders QB.

But how about them Niners. Pretty nice start for Alex Smith against one of the best defenses last year. I know it's only been one game, and it's only the preseason so I'm not too high on Alex yet. Hopefully V. Davis gets involved more, can't wait to see what he can do with that ball. The Raiders/Niners season game is one i'll watch for sure. The preseason game though this weekend i'll jus watch the first teams and that's it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:40 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:Haha BRO, i don't think it's so much as Aaron Brooks skills, But more so Tampa Bay's Defence, when you had a guy like Simeon Rice at DE and then a great secondary, of course your gonna make Aaron Brooks look like a clutz.

Well, that's true. The NFC South is a killer for qb's... Not only us, but Atlanta (if healthy) and Carolina have great defenses. It's hard to play there.

Now that we're talking about football, what can anybody tell me of Jamie Winborn?.

I know he played for the niners, but I haven't been able to watch him much. I was hoping he could win the starting SLB position. Our starter there is Ryan Nece, who is a decent player but can't tackle for sh*t, so he's best as a backup... Not that it matters much, as the Tampa cover 2 uses a lot of nickel packages, but we'd be better with a lb able to get some stops there.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:16 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Yea, Aaron Brooks is inconsistent. He'll be jaw dropping one game then lost the next. Then be inconsistent for the next couple games before he stupefies you. Even though I hate those traitors, they deserve better. Passing up on a franchis QB in Cutler or Leinart was a mistake. So folks, it's pretty much Randy Moss all by himself this season which also means that he may not be in a Raider uniform during next years offseason.

I passed up on Leinhart and Cutler in my mock draft cause like TMC said, Andrew Walter was high on the depth chart, he has a monster arm and put up real good numbers at Arizona State (i wonder if him and Ike were mates?) i was real dissapointed to see Vince Young go, that kid's got killer speed.

Michael Huff is solid BRO! he was the big reason Texas won the grand dady of championships. I think his gonna have a killer year wearing the number 24.

I'm pretty sure Randy will be in the Silver and Black next year. these Raiders are playoff bubble material, They'll win a lot of games, they just need to prove they can do it in there own conference/divison
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:19 am
TMC wrote:
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:Haha BRO, i don't think it's so much as Aaron Brooks skills, But more so Tampa Bay's Defence, when you had a guy like Simeon Rice at DE and then a great secondary, of course your gonna make Aaron Brooks look like a clutz.

Well, that's true. The NFC South is a killer for qb's... Not only us, but Atlanta (if healthy) and Carolina have great defenses. It's hard to play there.

Now that we're talking about football, what can anybody tell me of Jamie Winborn?.

I know he played for the niners, but I haven't been able to watch him much. I was hoping he could win the starting SLB position. Our starter there is Ryan Nece, who is a decent player but can't tackle for sh*t, so he's best as a backup... Not that it matters much, as the Tampa cover 2 uses a lot of nickel packages, but we'd be better with a lb able to get some stops there.

I wouldn't say Killer QB but more so Killer running games! ( Michael Vick causes the Secondary to scramble ) Your hombre Cadillac of the BUCS won Rookie of the year with his powergame, and no doubt Reggie Bush should win Rookie of the year with his finesse running game.

All in All NFC South is exciting to watch, But no division in the entire NFL comes close to AFC West in terms of rivalries and feuds. Oakland are hated by everyone, but hated most by Chargers, Chiefs and Broncos
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:43 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:Michael Huff is solid BRO! he was the big reason Texas won the grand dady of championships. I think his gonna have a killer year wearing the number 24.

I'm with pawno here. I love the Michael Huff pick (he was my pick for the raiders in my mock). He's exactly the kinf of playmaker that secondary needed.

O.G pawnograffiti wrote:I wouldn't say Killer QB but more so Killer running games! ( Michael Vick causes the Secondary to scramble ) Your hombre Cadillac of the BUCS won Rookie of the year with his powergame, and no doubt Reggie Bush should win Rookie of the year with his finesse running game.

Caddy is going to be a monster, Michael Clayton will be back at full strenght and the defence will be as strong as ever (as long as Monte Kiffin is there.) I think we have a chance to be a superbowl team... with that said, there are 5-6 teams that could say the same, and we have one of the most difficult schedules of the whole league.

When I said that the division is a killer for QBs I was talking about the DE (Peppers, Simeon Rice, John Abraham, Charles Grant, Will Smith...) The division is loaded at that position.

About Reggie Bush... I'm not so sure about being RoY... as long as Deuce is healthy, Bush will be limited to 10-15 touches this season.

O.G pawnograffiti wrote:All in All NFC South is exciting to watch, But no division in the entire NFL comes close to AFC West in terms of rivalries and feuds. Oakland are hated by everyone, but hated most by Chargers, Chiefs and Broncos

The NFC South is the best division in football right now, but it's true there's not a history of feuds like in others. We're not even close, as you said, to the AFC West.

Our only feuds are with Green Bay (before the re-alignment) and now with Carolina... Atlanta and New Orleans are like the retarded kids of the block.

btw, and about the Raiders, even tho most analyst are keeping them near the bottom of the division, I like their chances... If they split the divisional games, I think they have a chance to go to the playoffs. And I love the Art Shell hiring.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:27 pm
you're a raiders fan? hahaha truely pathetic. i personally thought aaron brooks would win comeback player of the year. but its just about official, oakland is like a cemetary for players. a lot of good, promising careers have died there.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:23 am
drfrank wrote:you're a raiders fan? hahaha truely pathetic. i personally thought aaron brooks would win comeback player of the year. but its just about official, oakland is like a cemetary for players. a lot of good, promising careers have died there.

Is this a personal attack at me Drfrank?

Anyhow i disagree with it being a cemetary, Al Davis is renouned for giving addicts and criminals a second chance. If you have a rap sheet and some iota of talent then Al Davis will be the 1st one knocking at your door after your previous NFL team cut you for your Misdeamenors.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:30 am
TMC,

There is some great DE's in your division, Simeon Rice puts up double digit sacks every season and Julius Peppers is hands down the most threatening DE in the game.

But my division and MY team boasts the best DE this season. Did you see Derrick Burgess last season, when Sapp Attack was injured and out for the season, Derrick still let loose from the outside and flat out nailed QB's. I think with the pressure applied by Sapp in a whole season, Tyler Brayton moving back to the other DE and showing his stuff and plus a SUPER STRONG SAFETY in Huff, Burgess is gonna win that sack record again.

Now all the Raiders need is better LINEBACKERS.

BTW if your team makes it to the Superbowl, look for the Raiders to get revenge on John Gruden.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:06 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:Anyhow i disagree with it being a cemetary, Al Davis is renouned for giving addicts and criminals a second chance. If you have a rap sheet and some iota of talent then Al Davis will be the 1st one knocking at your door after your previous NFL team cut you for your Misdeamenors.

Don't forget about the Ravens and Bengals... but yeah, those three teams seem to be above all that bullsh*t about character. :wink:

O.G pawnograffiti wrote:There is some great DE's in your division, Simeon Rice puts up double digit sacks every season and Julius Peppers is hands down the most threatening DE in the game.

But my division and MY team boasts the best DE this season. Did you see Derrick Burgess last season, when Sapp Attack was injured and out for the season, Derrick still let loose from the outside and flat out nailed QB's. I think with the pressure applied by Sapp in a whole season, Tyler Brayton moving back to the other DE and showing his stuff and plus a SUPER STRONG SAFETY in Huff, Burgess is gonna win that sack record again.

Now all the Raiders need is better LINEBACKERS.

Burgess is a great player, but I don't think he's at Rice's or Pepper's level yet. I want to see an encore, with the o-lines more concerned about him after watching what he did last year.

About the LBs... I think there's talent there. I really like Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard will be a playmaker. But I'm not so sure about Danny Clark (I think those are the starters, correct me if not). I think all they need is time to develop, and maybe a replacement for Clark.

btw, are you guys going to play Darnell Bing at lb or safety?

O.G pawnograffiti wrote:BTW if your team makes it to the Superbowl, look for the Raiders to get revenge on John Gruden.

Ah, those were good times...

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:25 am
**** JOO!

Don't you dare post heartbreaking times from Superbowl 2003

Just wait till the AFC opens up a can on the NFC in this years superbowl.... look who will be laughing.

PS: BING is a linebacker! but still not a shutdown LB till we get Ray Lewis!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:52 am

Sorry... Had to do this. After all, it's our only moment of glory. :mrgreen:

But it's over, I won't post more. Really. For sure...
Next

Return to Sports Board