Offseason Movement thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:20 pm
honestly, flip isnt the problem...the team didnt have change and they got bored...successful teams need to maintain star players and shift role players for that crisp play..especially detroit which doent have a true star.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:17 pm
dallas trades marquis daniels to the indiana paces for austin croshere.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:28 am
Flip's record on the playoffs:

27-38, only a .415. 'Nuff said.

Flip sucks.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:12 am
TMC wrote:I can't believe Ben bolted for the Bulls. It's not only that he leaved Detroit. He did it for the Bulls. I can't wait to see what happens the first game Wallace plays on the Palace with th Bulls jersey.

But, Detroit let him go. They had to know that a $48 million - 4 year offer wouldn't do the trick.

I am shocked!!!! Wallace made his career in the Pistons and may not be anywhere near as effective anywhere else!

What the hell was Dumars thinking! I can't believe he didn't cough up the money keep Wallace! His defense and energy is enough to get him 15 million a year! HE MAKES THAT TEAM WIN!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:26 am
I am shocked!!!! Wallace made his career in the Pistons and may not be anywhere near as effective anywhere else!

I think he'll thrive under Skiles. His Bulls have always emphasized defense about anything else, so I think it's the best possible enviroment for Wallace. He still won't be able to make a free throw to save his life, and will be a liability on offense, but that's what Ben Gordon is there for.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:52 pm
TMC wrote:

I think he'll thrive under Skiles. His Bulls have always emphasized defense about anything else, so I think it's the best possible enviroment for Wallace. He still won't be able to make a free throw to save his life, and will be a liability on offense, but that's what Ben Gordon is there for.

Well Wallace's effectiveness is to be see and I'm not sure Ben Gordon will remain in the Bulls, I'm reading rumours of him being shopped around.

With Wallace getting paid what he is, the Bulls will find it hard to resign Deng, Nocioni, Hinrich and Gordon (if they keep him)

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:38 pm

With Wallace getting paid what he is, the Bulls will find it hard to resign Deng, Nocioni, Hinrich and Gordon (if they keep him)

That's why they moved Chandler. Even after signing Wallace, they are a few millions under the cap, good enough to make a move for, say, Al Harrington, who is the most rumored to go through.

And what's even better, they'll be even more under the cap next year (obviously, pending other moves they may make this offseason). They have a lot of cap space to re-sign anybody.

And the right to swap picks with the Knicks in the next draft. Oh, that shrewd Isiah...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:12 am
Jorge Garbajosa signs with the Craptors. Now they have 12313523574356796743 PFs...

Oh, I forgot they traded Villanueva. Then it's not so bad. They only have 12313523574356796742 PFs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:52 am
Mike James signs with Minny. Now KG has yet another trigger-happy pg.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:43 am
TMC wrote:Mike James signs with Minny. Now KG has yet another trigger-happy pg.

Alot of TWolves fans seem to think the at Mike James is a good PG for KG but he is not the passing PG that is needed. They would have been better off going with just Foye and Banks

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:49 am
I've never really liked him as more than a good backup. A change of pace player. He's too small to play SG, and he's not a good PG. He's Derek Fisher.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:52 pm
TMC wrote:I've never really liked him as more than a good backup. A change of pace player. He's too small to play SG, and he's not a good PG. He's Derek Fisher.

Yea sort of but what he did last season Fisher has never done so he should be given credit for that. Mike James is not a PG that will create for a team but is good as a role player around a couple of star players, like garnett and someone else who creates

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:10 am
Sonics sign Gelabale. Underrated signing. Can be one of the steals of the (last year's) draft. He has it all to become a good player... if he improves his outside shooting.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:39 am
TMC wrote:Sonics sign Gelabale. Underrated signing. Can be one of the steals of the (last year's) draft. He has it all to become a good player... if he improves his outside shooting.

They've all got IFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:14 am
Mavs sign back Greg Buckner. Not a bad move. He'll be Marquis Daniels, just cheaper.

Edit: Raps also added Anthony Parker. They're getting the very best vets of Europe... and with pretty good contracts.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board