mavs
44%
heat
56%

Total votes : 16

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:30 pm
dallas has got this series locked. no help from jwill, haslem, payton, posey, walker. those guys are key, but they havent complimented wade and shaq. this miami team aint gonna win this championship. the mavs have a bench to compliment their starters. the way the heat are playin, the mavs got this series locked.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:38 pm
It's only the first two games! The Mavs had to win their home games. It is winning away from home that is the thing and if the Mavs can win one of the next 3 in Miami then they will really be in control.

The Heat will come out firing in the next game and the series may look quite even again

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:40 am
It's over. I'm sure Miami and Dallas will split wins over the next two games, and the series will end 4-1. This game was the key.

All Hail the MAVS!!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:32 am
migya wrote:It's only the first two games! The Mavs had to win their home games. It is winning away from home that is the thing and if the Mavs can win one of the next 3 in Miami then they will really be in control.

The Heat will come out firing in the next game and the series may look quite even again

Yeah, I think that the 2-3-2 system favors the away team a bit too much. If everybody defends home court for the first five games the road team will be up 3-2 with all the momentum. In the finals, if they really strive for the best team to win, they should do 1-1-1-1-1-1-1
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:55 am
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote: In the finals, if they really strive for the best team to win, they should do 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

It would be better for the finals, but it would also be a nightmare for the teams and the media, with so many travels across the country. That's the only reason for the 2-3-2 format, and I think it's a valid one. I kinda like it this way.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:51 pm
TMC wrote:
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote: In the finals, if they really strive for the best team to win, they should do 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

It would be better for the finals, but it would also be a nightmare for the teams and the media, with so many travels across the country. That's the only reason for the 2-3-2 format, and I think it's a valid one. I kinda like it this way.

No, the major reason for the 2-3-2 format is that they want the series to go as long as possible and 2-3-2 makes it much more difficult to win in five games
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:08 pm
heat/mavs season 0-2
heat/mavs finals 0-2
heat/warriors season 1-1
mavs/warriors season 1-3

and to think miami was a better team. dallas was completely owned by the warriors this year and yet a great legendary coach in pat riley or worthy leaders in shaq and wade arent enough to beat the mavs? this series is over.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:39 pm
I don't buy the series being over yet. We have yet to see Dwayne Wade or Shaquille O'Neal at 100%... and I don't believe they'll leave the series this way. So far, Miami is relying too heavy on Antoine Walker (whom I believe is Mike Dunleavy on steriods) and the bench (who aren't delivering). Jason Williams is missing too many lay-ups, the loss of Haslem in Game 2 hurts a lot, and (as stated above) their superstars just aren't playing like themselves.

Game 2 for Miami was the worst showing of basketball I'd seen the entire season. Dallas was playing fine (not extremely well... good), but the amount of mistakes Miami made turned the game into a slaughter. Fouls, turnovers, and missed shots. That's how Miami lost. Mistakes. They weren't outplayed by Dallas; they played themselves. Which means they have a greater chance of coming back since the problem is THEM, not the Mav's.

The only upshot for Miami so far has been James Posey's defense in Game 2, Zo's inside defensive presense (but that doesn't really hurt Dallas too much), and Jason Williams knocking down open three's. But, aside from that, Wade and O'Neal haven't shown up yet. And you'd be a fool to think they'll allow an NBA Championship pass by without snapping back into gear. My money's on Miami take at least 2 back home and the series ending in 6 or 7 games.

But until I see a fully effective Dwayne Wade or Shaquille O'Neal (and I believe, with the way Miami role players feed off their stars, either person waking up will do the trick), I'm not calling a Heat series victory (especially down 2-1). Once we see how large the Shaq/Wade explosion is, we can better determine who will take the series.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:46 pm
#32 wrote:I don't buy the series being over yet. We have yet to see Dwayne Wade or Shaquille O'Neal at 100%... and I don't believe they'll leave the series this way. So far, Miami is relying too heavy on Antoine Walker (whom I believe is Mike Dunleavy on steriods) and the bench (who aren't delivering). Jason Williams is missing too many lay-ups, the loss of Haslem in Game 2 hurts a lot, and (as stated above) their superstars just aren't playing like themselves.

Game 2 for Miami was the worst showing of basketball I'd seen the entire season. Dallas was playing fine (not extremely well... good), but the amount of mistakes Miami made turned the game into a slaughter. Fouls, turnovers, and missed shots. That's how Miami lost. Mistakes. They weren't outplayed by Dallas; they played themselves. Which means they have a greater chance of coming back since the problem is THEM, not the Mav's.

The only upshot for Miami so far has been James Posey's defense in Game 2, Zo's inside defensive presense (but that doesn't really hurt Dallas too much), and Jason Williams knocking down open three's. But, aside from that, Wade and O'Neal haven't shown up yet. And you'd be a fool to think they'll allow an NBA Championship pass by without snapping back into gear. My money's on Miami take at least 2 back home and the series ending in 6 or 7 games.

But until I see a fully effective Dwayne Wade or Shaquille O'Neal (and I believe, with the way Miami role players feed off their stars, either person waking up will do the trick), I'm not calling a Heat series victory (especially down 2-1). Once we see how large the Shaq/Wade explosion is, we can better determine who will take the series.

Well I think that dallas is somewhat responsible for these guys' woes as they play good defense. Anyway, I'm not positive that they are going to have that explosion. Here's why...

I don't think that there was a doubt in most people's mind that Shaq and Wade were going to light it up in game two. Shaq had just come off a forgettable game one and everybody on the heat said that they were going to get the ball into his hands. That resulted in only five field goal attempts for a big fellow who usually plays well when he has something to prove. Then there was wade, who had recieved a bunch of undeserved criticism after game one and should have taken it as a personal insult. These two guys should have taken this team on their back and combined for 60 points, instead, they both became more and more frustarated, hurting their team more and more as the game progressed and only combined for 28 pts.

By the way, toine would be offended to be called dunleavy on steroids. He's more like dunleavy after being dunked in the river styx and given Baron's mindset.

Ultimately I have the same take on the series as you (miami wins 2/3 in miami, loses in 6 or 7). I think that miami has to win all three at home to have a chance in this series, however.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:11 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:
migya wrote:It's only the first two games! The Mavs had to win their home games. It is winning away from home that is the thing and if the Mavs can win one of the next 3 in Miami then they will really be in control.

Yeah, I think that the 2-3-2 system favors the away team a bit too much. If everybody defends home court for the first five games the road team will be up 3-2 with all the momentum. In the finals, if they really strive for the best team to win, they should do 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

That would be quite ridiculous 1-1-1-1-1-1-1!!!!
Having the 2-2-1-1-1 format is fair because the away team does not have more consecutive hames at home than the Home team does

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:40 am
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:Ultimately I have the same take on the series as you (miami wins 2/3 in miami, loses in 6 or 7). I think that miami has to win all three at home to have a chance in this series, however.

Which won't happen. I can't imagine how Miami can win three straight games against Dallas.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:12 pm
In Miami, though. Not Dallas. 3 games at home doesn't sound like too big of a stretch for the Heat.

The REAL hard thing to keep in mind is that only 2 teams (out of the past 27) who went down 2-0 in a Finals series have come back to win. That's the tougher stat to crack.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:51 pm
there was a reason why we owned dallas this year. our guards were much stronger and could punish and outmuscle them. our big men could shoot from the perimeter which kept guys like nowitzki outside of the pain letting jrich or davis to drive in or post up.

as good as miami's big men are, they arent consistent enough to hit from the outside to leave enough space and time to let wade post up to get that higher percentage shot up. plus dwade doesnt have the strength to overwhelm his defender like davis and richardson can do.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:37 am
well the heat had everything go about as good as it's gonna go for them... and ended up only winning by two. If I'm pat riley I'm extremely dissapointed.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:38 am
Even though I know win margin means nothing, TMC :)
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board