mavs
44%
heat
56%

Total votes : 16

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:03 am
Maybe I'm looking at this series too simply, but the way I see it is if the Heat can stop Nowitzki then they can stop the Mavs. If Dirk plays bad then the Mavs are going down.
The Heat have the Mavs outmatched in every position (including bench) except for PF...
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:31 pm
Mavs have the best coach in the league who is destined to be the best coach in the history of the game. If anybody can figure shaq out, it will be avery (though he has less tools to work with than SAS, PHO, and Detroit) The mavs have less firepower than the heat but they have less firepower than a lot of teams they defeated. The heat have the most talented squad in the league but still only won 52 games. If they click on all cylinders, and dallas starts playing in a funk, Maiami can win but I don't think they can beat any of the top four teams in a league when those teams aren't in a funk. They got lucky with the pistons finally breaking down. I say Mavs in seven, with Dirk cementing his HOF status with a monster series
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:29 pm
migya wrote:Antoine Walker could win a game or two nearly on his own with the shooting he has at times! Howard just has to play defense and score when he can to make a big difference

check it out - Mavs are 26 and 0 when Howard scores 20 points - amazing. He is THE x factor. And I sure do miss those nice yellow quotes, Hobbes?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:36 pm
it's clear that wade couldnt be stopped. shaq was too good for dampier or diop to guard. but no one stopped terry. they jus let him hit those open jumpers and drive to the rim. and if you looked at it, wade and shaq were the only heat players to shoot FT's. 7-19 combined, wade being 6-10 and shaq...well you can do the math.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:36 pm
woops..my bad. double clicked submit.
Last edited by rsxracer on Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:39 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:(though he has less tools to work with than SAS, PHO, and Detroit)

I dunno about this. Diop and Dampier are better tools than anything Phoenix has got. As far as SA & Detroit, I agree (purely because of Duncan and Big Ben). But I dunno about Phoenix having an easier time handling Shaq...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:54 am
rsxracer wrote:it's clear that wade couldnt be stopped. shaq was too good for dampier or diop to guard. but no one stopped terry. they jus let him hit those open jumpers and drive to the rim. and if you looked at it, wade and shaq were the only heat players to shoot FT's. 7-19 combined, wade being 6-10 and shaq...well you can do the math.

Terry played a hell of a game and really stepped up when the Mavs needed him most, however; depending on Terry to have 30+ ppg this series is not a winning formula.
You got to hand it to the Heat for containing Dirk. If the Heat can play the same way they played game 1 and actually nail their free throws then the Heat are going to come out victorious...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:41 pm
[quote="Big B"]
Terry played a hell of a game and really stepped up when the Mavs needed him most, however; depending on Terry to have 30+ ppg this series is not a winning formula.
[quote]

So is depending on Dirk to shoot 28.5% from the field, Josh Howard to choke like PJ, and Harris to be virtually non-existant.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:44 pm
#32 wrote:
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:(though he has less tools to work with than SAS, PHO, and Detroit)

I dunno about this. Diop and Dampier are better tools than anything Phoenix has got. As far as SA & Detroit, I agree (purely because of Duncan and Big Ben). But I dunno about Phoenix having an easier time handling Shaq...

The tool phoenix has to stop shaq is running him off the court. He might score 30 points but he would have 30 points scored on him by Diaw and would only be able to keep up with the fast paced game for maybe 30 minutes. Miami would either have to play an extremely slow game (which takes wade, williams, and toine out of their game) or play shaq extremely sparingly.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:46 pm
Big B wrote:If the Heat can play the same way they played game 1 and actually nail their free throws then the Heat are going to come out victorious...

They would have had to make 18/19 free throws that game to come out victorious. That is unreasonable to expect on any team, especially one where the big charging foul is taking half the free throws.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:49 pm
Big B wrote:Maybe I'm looking at this series too simply, but the way I see it is if the Heat can stop Nowitzki then they can stop the Mavs. If Dirk plays bad then the Mavs are going down.
The Heat have the Mavs outmatched in every position (including bench) except for PF...

I'm going to have to beg to differ. I'd take Jackhouse and Howard over Toine and Posey. Posey is better than J-Will and at this point "the glove" is too old to guard harris.
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:24 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:
Big B wrote:Terry played a hell of a game and really stepped up when the Mavs needed him most, however; depending on Terry to have 30+ ppg this series is not a winning formula.

i agree. i said something similar to some friends and i also said GP needs to stop shooting
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:09 am
ronald dregan wrote:i also said GP needs to stop shooting

GP needs to stop playing. Period. It's over. He's tarnishing his legacy.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:02 am
The Mavs played more poorly than usual than the Heat did so it is up to the Heat to get better. Got a feeling this series will go to 6 ot 7 games

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:52 am
I think that the second game will be key. If the Mavs win, I expect the series to end 4-1 or so. If not, there will be 7 games.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board