MVP

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:50 pm
Well wade sure played like an MVP today, here are some thoughts on the game

That was a phenomenal shot by wade when he was falling and made the shot... The East in general needs to learn to shoot free throws... The entire crowd full of white shirts is really trippy at the heat home games... Did anybody else see that the long shot wade made that they said was a two without a foul should have been a three and one?...The pistons ought to be embarrassed by the fact that they didn't steal the ball from shaq when he was running the length of the court...Marc Jackson is a nutjob. Nuff said...The heat are finally playing that they should have been all along...
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:17 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:Who have the suns had more lucky breaks than in the playoffs this year?



Charles Barkley's mother :mrgreen:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:12 am
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:The heat are finally playing that they should have been all along...


Which proves what I've been saying during all season. They were just cruising through the regular season.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:10 pm
TMC wrote:
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:The heat are finally playing that they should have been all along...


Which proves what I've been saying during all season. They were just cruising through the regular season.

Which is f***ed up. The fans pay good money to see them play, they should get what they pay for. I understand cruising after a playoff berth is assured but not before that. I hope shaq has a coronary.
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:15 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:
TMC wrote:
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:The heat are finally playing that they should have been all along...


Which proves what I've been saying during all season. They were just cruising through the regular season.

Which is f***ed up. The fans pay good money to see them play, they should get what they pay for. I understand cruising after a playoff berth is assured but not before that. I hope shaq has a coronary.

ouch, disease...easy now
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:52 am
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:Which is f***ed up. The fans pay good money to see them play, they should get what they pay for. I understand cruising after a playoff berth is assured but not before that. I hope shaq has a coronary.


I can see both sides. I agree with you from a fan standpoint, but, as a player, why would you do more than needed?. Why risk an injury when it's not necessary?. If you feel you'd be better off playing safer till the playoffs, wouldn't you do it?
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:24 am
Not if I were being overpaid for what I'd produce even over 82 games (shaq) or trying to redeem my terrible image (walker. payton, williams) or trying to prove I was as good as lebron (wade) or playing for my last chance at a ring (zo) the list goes on and on.
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:35 am
I think we can safely assume Wade hasn't cruised through the season. He's been nothing sort of impressive.

The others, well, let's say I don't think they've even thought of what you've written.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13530
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:57 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:
TMC wrote:
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:The heat are finally playing that they should have been all along...


Which proves what I've been saying during all season. They were just cruising through the regular season.

Which is f***ed up. The fans pay good money to see them play, they should get what they pay for. I understand cruising after a playoff berth is assured but not before that. I hope shaq has a coronary.

Shaq holds back (in an attempt to keep himself healthy) and the result (from a fan's point of view) was pretty much 2 or 3 Shaq slams a game instead of 4 or 5. Not something most fans would complain about (especially not the fans in Miami, who understand that they need a healthy Shaq come playoff time if they want to have any hopes for a ring). The Heat were a shoe-in for the playoffs to begin with. Why not ensure the team's health so they can put on a bigger show in the post-season? I think your Shaq-hatred may be getting to you a bit too much...
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:32 pm
TMC wrote:
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:Which is f***ed up. The fans pay good money to see them play, they should get what they pay for. I understand cruising after a playoff berth is assured but not before that. I hope shaq has a coronary.


I can see both sides. I agree with you from a fan standpoint, but, as a player, why would you do more than needed?. Why risk an injury when it's not necessary?. If you feel you'd be better off playing safer till the playoffs, wouldn't you do it?



Pretty much on the money but in any other job, you have to turn up close to your best every day!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:51 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:Which is f***ed up. The fans pay good money to see them play, they should get what they pay for. I understand cruising after a playoff berth is assured but not before that. I hope shaq has a coronary.


I can see both sides. I agree with you from a fan standpoint, but, as a player, why would you do more than needed?. Why risk an injury when it's not necessary?. If you feel you'd be better off playing safer till the playoffs, wouldn't you do it?



Pretty much on the money but in any other job, you have to turn up close to your best every day!

You've clearly never been to the post office :roll: :usa2:
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:55 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:Which is f***ed up. The fans pay good money to see them play, they should get what they pay for. I understand cruising after a playoff berth is assured but not before that. I hope shaq has a coronary.


I can see both sides. I agree with you from a fan standpoint, but, as a player, why would you do more than needed?. Why risk an injury when it's not necessary?. If you feel you'd be better off playing safer till the playoffs, wouldn't you do it?



Pretty much on the money but in any other job, you have to turn up close to your best every day!

You've clearly never been to the post office :roll: :usa2:



There may be rare exceptions but nba players make more money!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:53 am
shaq sure got his ass handed to him yesterday, at least for one play...
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:12 am
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:shaq sure got his ass handed to him yesterday, at least for one play...


Image

:shock:

Not that it matters for the final outcome of the series (at least I think so), but damn...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13530
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:46 am
That play was NASTY.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron