MVP

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:50 pm
Well wade sure played like an MVP today, here are some thoughts on the game

That was a phenomenal shot by wade when he was falling and made the shot... The East in general needs to learn to shoot free throws... The entire crowd full of white shirts is really trippy at the heat home games... Did anybody else see that the long shot wade made that they said was a two without a foul should have been a three and one?...The pistons ought to be embarrassed by the fact that they didn't steal the ball from shaq when he was running the length of the court...Marc Jackson is a nutjob. Nuff said...The heat are finally playing that they should have been all along...
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:17 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:Who have the suns had more lucky breaks than in the playoffs this year?

Charles Barkley's mother :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:12 am
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:The heat are finally playing that they should have been all along...

Which proves what I've been saying during all season. They were just cruising through the regular season.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:10 pm
TMC wrote:
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:The heat are finally playing that they should have been all along...

Which proves what I've been saying during all season. They were just cruising through the regular season.

Which is f***ed up. The fans pay good money to see them play, they should get what they pay for. I understand cruising after a playoff berth is assured but not before that. I hope shaq has a coronary.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:15 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:
TMC wrote:

Which is f***ed up. The fans pay good money to see them play, they should get what they pay for. I understand cruising after a playoff berth is assured but not before that. I hope shaq has a coronary.

ouch, disease...easy now
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:52 am
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:Which is f***ed up. The fans pay good money to see them play, they should get what they pay for. I understand cruising after a playoff berth is assured but not before that. I hope shaq has a coronary.

I can see both sides. I agree with you from a fan standpoint, but, as a player, why would you do more than needed?. Why risk an injury when it's not necessary?. If you feel you'd be better off playing safer till the playoffs, wouldn't you do it?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:24 am
Not if I were being overpaid for what I'd produce even over 82 games (shaq) or trying to redeem my terrible image (walker. payton, williams) or trying to prove I was as good as lebron (wade) or playing for my last chance at a ring (zo) the list goes on and on.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:35 am
I think we can safely assume Wade hasn't cruised through the season. He's been nothing sort of impressive.

The others, well, let's say I don't think they've even thought of what you've written.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:57 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:
TMC wrote:

Shaq holds back (in an attempt to keep himself healthy) and the result (from a fan's point of view) was pretty much 2 or 3 Shaq slams a game instead of 4 or 5. Not something most fans would complain about (especially not the fans in Miami, who understand that they need a healthy Shaq come playoff time if they want to have any hopes for a ring). The Heat were a shoe-in for the playoffs to begin with. Why not ensure the team's health so they can put on a bigger show in the post-season? I think your Shaq-hatred may be getting to you a bit too much...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:32 pm
TMC wrote:
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:Which is f***ed up. The fans pay good money to see them play, they should get what they pay for. I understand cruising after a playoff berth is assured but not before that. I hope shaq has a coronary.

I can see both sides. I agree with you from a fan standpoint, but, as a player, why would you do more than needed?. Why risk an injury when it's not necessary?. If you feel you'd be better off playing safer till the playoffs, wouldn't you do it?

Pretty much on the money but in any other job, you have to turn up close to your best every day!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:51 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Pretty much on the money but in any other job, you have to turn up close to your best every day!

You've clearly never been to the post office :roll: :usa2:
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:55 pm
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

You've clearly never been to the post office :roll: :usa2:

There may be rare exceptions but nba players make more money!

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:53 am
shaq sure got his ass handed to him yesterday, at least for one play...
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:12 am
tHe_dIsEaSe wrote:shaq sure got his ass handed to him yesterday, at least for one play...

:shock:

Not that it matters for the final outcome of the series (at least I think so), but damn...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:46 am
That play was NASTY.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board