Next Big PG?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which point guard is going to make the biggest splash in the NBA (not necessarily the soonest, though)

TJ Ford
1
9%
Marcus Banks
3
27%
Sebastian Telfair
3
27%
Shawn Livingston
3
27%
Nate Robinson
1
9%
Jose Calderon
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 11

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:07 am
Do whatever you want. I'm just explaining to you what's already been explained to everybody else (because you don't have the decency to read before mouthing off). No need to explode over it. And you say I'm the one who needs to tone it down...
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Starting Lineup
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:37 pm
Shaun WILL BE the better pro...He has alot more to offer to any team he plays for just based off his height. Like I said, he was born a PG. I like ST too, and Jose will be a journeyman until he can hit that outside shot with consistency.---030---
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:29 pm
#32 wrote:Do whatever you want. I'm just explaining to you what's already been explained to everybody else (because you don't have the decency to read before mouthing off). No need to explode over it. And you say I'm the one who needs to tone it down...




I DID respond to your first post which stated you didn't care what everyone thought about Paul, you just didn't want to include him! Yet again you were arrogant and feisty and that deserves the same in return!

You don't post things like that and noone will get in any heated conversations with you (like many have, the good doctor being one of them)
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:50 pm
Hahaha, okay, miggy. Calm down. I NEVER said I didn't care what anybody thought about Paul; I said that I was tired of hearing about him. Big difference. Also, upon further questioning (from board members before you), I clarified that, indeed, I concur with the notion of Paul being the league's best future point. I simply removed him from the poll to better the variety. It's a control, you see. It's like asking whose the greatest player of all-time. Sure, you get a few educated fans inputting their personal favorites... but, for the most part, it's a bunch of MJ votes. The same thing would have gone on here. 99% of everyone who voted/posted would have said Chris Paul. Therefore, I removed him to spice up the thread. It's a very simple concept, I don't see how you could have been so oblivious about it...

And as far as being "arrogant and feisty"..? You need to settle the hell down, miggy. You take things far too seriously on this board. Try looking upon things (other than lame, repetitive Dunleavy jokes) in the view of good humor and you won't be so tightly strung. No need for such stuff-shirt, tight-ass responses. I didn't include Chris Paul in my little thread to make it more interesting. Sue me.

Nice touch, by the way, trying to be the master of psychology. Digging up a month old, long gone scuffle between me and "the good doctor" was a nice touch at trying to make me feel isolated. But here's a news flash for your red-faced, tight-wad computer screen: I really couldn't give a monkey's nutsack what any anonymous Bay Area faithful think of me on an internet message board. Unlike you, I'm not here to make lifelong friends with anybody. I take these posts for what they are: people's opinions. I don't pretend to know anybody here, it doesn't ruin my day if someone thinks I'm wrong, and I don't pride myself on having people 'in my corner' on this forum (and, yes, that is a little knock at your wannabe clique with TMC & Newman... no offense intended to either of them; they don't appear to take it nearly as seriously as you do).

You probably have interpreted this as me being angry or something, but I've had a smile on my face from start to finish while writing this. The reason? I don't take this place that seriously! I look at everything here in the subject of good, old fashion, humor. It makes me laugh when people like you try starting drama between two guys (like you just did with me and drfrank) as if this is some cyberspace high school. I took the time to write you this 4 paragraph message because you are the person who takes this place way too seriously. You mistake these screen names for friends, you pretend that arguments here last longer than 5 seconds a day, and you have the audacity to pretend that I'm the feisty one. Y'know what, miggy? Go ahead. Live in your simple, computer processed world (and make me the King Bad Guy). Write me a response in hopes that it'll tear me apart and ruin my day. I can only shake my head and laugh at the entire situation. Have a nice day.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:37 am
Here comes another one...

:happy1:

btw, Marcus Banks sucks... :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:50 am
#32 with the truth... Being a fan, sometimes you can take things a little 2 seriously, especially with these types of forums. @ the end of the day, its all about the W's, ya know... nothing to take personal.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I do get a little bitchy when it comes 2 stupid a** statements though. It's hard to realize that my fello fan can actually b so stupid, but what ever... HERES 2 U DOC with your JEFFEREY LOVING ASS !....HA! ha....---***030***---









TB*TB*TB*TB*TB*TB*TB*TB*TB*TB*TB*TB... ohhh, I gotta get another beer b4 they shut it down...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:20 am
Again #32, you illustrate clearly what nonsense you are :D


#32 wrote:Hahaha, okay, miggy. Calm down. I NEVER said I didn't care what anybody thought about Paul; I said that I was tired of hearing about him. Big difference. Also, upon further questioning (from board members before you), I clarified that, indeed, I concur with the notion of Paul being the league's best future point. I simply removed him from the poll to better the variety. It's a control, you see. It's like asking whose the greatest player of all-time. Sure, you get a few educated fans inputting their personal favorites... but, for the most part, it's a bunch of MJ votes. The same thing would have gone on here. 99% of everyone who voted/posted would have said Chris Paul. Therefore, I removed him to spice up the thread. It's a very simple concept, I don't see how you could have been so oblivious about it...


Your words were - "Everyone is on his balls so I removed him".
What the hell is that suppose to mean, you don't give a cahoots (like usual) about what anyone else thinks about the subject so fuk them.......... Then there is no point starting a thread then.

I believe, like many because there is reason to, that Chris Paul is a great talent and he is to be included in any reference to future great PGs.


#32 wrote:And as far as being "arrogant and feisty"..? You need to settle the hell down, miggy. You take things far too seriously on this board. Try looking upon things (other than lame, repetitive Dunleavy jokes) in the view of good humor and you won't be so tightly strung. No need for such stuff-shirt, tight-ass responses. I didn't include Chris Paul in my little thread to make it more interesting. Sue me.


Your words again show how you have gotten uptight by my response, don't hide it, it is obvious. My aim was, like many times before, to show you that you are just to angry and take things to heatedly on here.
I didn't aim to get you angry, though I knew you would because you have shown time and time again that you do, but rather, to make you realise to ease down next time!

We all have the right to our opinions but no cuunt's just going to sit there and take vile comments without telling you it is better off conveyed a little nicer!


#32 wrote:Nice touch, by the way, trying to be the master of psychology. Digging up a month old, long gone scuffle between me and "the good doctor" was a nice touch at trying to make me feel isolated. But here's a news flash for your red-faced, tight-wad computer screen: I really couldn't give a monkey's nutsack what any anonymous Bay Area faithful think of me on an internet message board. Unlike you, I'm not here to make lifelong friends with anybody. I take these posts for what they are: people's opinions. I don't pretend to know anybody here, it doesn't ruin my day if someone thinks I'm wrong, and I don't pride myself on having people 'in my corner' on this forum (and, yes, that is a little knock at your wannabe clique with TMC & Newman... no offense intended to either of them; they don't appear to take it nearly as seriously as you do).


Fuk you're one hot headed, short fused fuk!

You just get so angry when anyone challenges any statement you make, be it the tone or the content of what you have written. Get use to it because life is like that! Noone will let you walk all over them!

I'd like to think that there is a connection, small or significant, between the people who post on here and the truth is, so do you, you just got defensive and brought up this garbage of a statement! Fact is, many on here get the feeling that you don't give two fuks about what they think and like any other person, they don't like it, it's just fukin foul!


#32 wrote:You probably have interpreted this as me being angry or something, but I've had a smile on my face from start to finish while writing this. The reason? I don't take this place that seriously! I look at everything here in the subject of good, old fashion, humor. It makes me laugh when people like you try starting drama between two guys (like you just did with me and drfrank) as if this is some cyberspace high school. I took the time to write you this 4 paragraph message because you are the person who takes this place way too seriously. You mistake these screen names for friends, you pretend that arguments here last longer than 5 seconds a day, and you have the audacity to pretend that I'm the feisty one. Y'know what, miggy? Go ahead. Live in your simple, computer processed world (and make me the King Bad Guy). Write me a response in hopes that it'll tear me apart and ruin my day. I can only shake my head and laugh at the entire situation. Have a nice day.


Relax - Everyone can see your attitude right now towards me by your other posts in other threads that have just followed this one. Again relax.

Fact is what you have written in the above paragraph is nothing more than an angry attack because you feel offended (something that is common with you). You take this forum far seriously than pretty much anyone else (even your seemingly good friend Broe).

Get out of that little virtual world you put yourself into and start being genuingly honest with yourself - Noone's trying to take your manhood away from you but we do want you to have more respect for the opinions of others.

Take it easy mate and understand that there are no enemies in here but just alot of human beings
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:29 pm
I'm not going to read that. I'm just going to ignore whatever the hell your problem was and move on... so, getting back to the topic:

zero3zero wrote:Shaun WILL BE the better pro...He has alot more to offer to any team he plays for just based off his height. Like I said, he was born a PG. I like ST too, and Jose will be a journeyman until he can hit that outside shot with consistency.---030---

But his height is also a cause of concern. He has trouble defending quicker guards... and his position means that his mismatch wont create many opportunities for a post advantage. Livingston's heighter is both his greatest strength and his biggest weakness. It makes him a risky player to gamble on.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Starting Lineup
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:21 am
I disagree... while we know he's been hampered, everytime I get a chance 2 watch da clips, I see alot of positives in this kid. I don't see it as a major weakness @all. I'd gamble on him anyday, and I'm only using the word "gamble" cuz of his injuries. BD's a gamble...---***030***---
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:35 am
I'd rather have a defensive lock-down like Banks or a basketball pedigree like Telfair's... Livingston's potential only seems good for another season. He's a solid point guard now (I agree), but I think he'll be outgrown by a few players on this list in time.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Starting Lineup
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:56 pm
I really don't know why you think MB can be a lockdown defender. Its hard 2 imagine him "locking down" anyone. He's pesky though ( one on one )and may end up getting a decent amount of steals, but a lockdown type? Nah...I think he'll be a trading chip for years 2 come. I see more ( I think I said this b4 ) poor mans, PG version of Prince in Shaun. A distributing Augmon type... hard 2 describe but truthfully SL will be a better pro ( O & D ) than Banks... You really like that guy, don't you...---***030***---
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:26 pm
go to page one where 32 listed match-ups and results. banks put in WORK on some big names.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:44 pm
Banks is a real promising player and he is someone I would like on the Warriors!

Like I've said - Baron, Murphy, Dunnyboy, Fisher and this draft's 1st round pick for KG and Banks!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:10 pm
You know, I don't think Minny would take 3 1/2 long term contracts, but who knows... I really don't know about Banks though... he's always looked good to me but could never really put it together. NOW THIS IS A STRETCH but maybe he can be a (very) poor mans Billups, and we know how he got tossed around b4 getting his act together. SL will be "IT" though.---***030***---
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:39 pm
you'd be giving up too much for KG, migya.

steven asshole smith was talking about a minny - knicks trade.

eddy curry, channing frye, and steve francis for kevin garnett. if mchale considers that, might as well reduce that offer. but we're all dreaming anyway....
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron