Next Big PG?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which point guard is going to make the biggest splash in the NBA (not necessarily the soonest, though)

TJ Ford
9%
Marcus Banks
27%
Sebastian Telfair
27%
Shawn Livingston
27%
Nate Robinson
9%
Jose Calderon
No votes

Total votes : 11

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:12 pm
The game comes easy to Dunleavy also... doesn't always mean he delivers.

Shaun Livingston is woefully inconsistent, slow for his position, and pretty average on defense (his height means that he can block opposing PG's easily, but he doesn't even average a block per night!).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:59 pm
The most anyone can say about him is about his shot. He's still only 21. While some could say the same thing about Dun there's no way you'll here it from me. Shaun was born a PG and soon he'll get his act together... ---***030***---
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:48 am
I agree with zero3zero, Livingston is still in development and the same goes for Telfair. Both are projects, with a lot of upside (and I see more in Livingston than Telfair), but ain't ready to be starters in the NBA.

Calderon is decent as a backup. A smart guy, that can find the open man easily and won't make a lot mistakes, but not much upside. He'll be a great backup, tho.

Nate Robinson... I'm not sure. He's exciting to watch, but I'm just not sure he can play a starting pg role in the league. Probably better suited as a change of pace backup.

I've already said that TJ Ford and Paul are legit starters, and probably will be top 10 players at their position.

And the object of my hate, Mr. Marcus Banks (and this is only my opinion from what I've seen him play. Doesn't mean I'm right). Banks is a good one-on-one player and a good defender, but also one of the most awful pgs in the league. Doesn't have the slightest clue on how to run a team. He just runs without any purpose on the floor. And he did so for 4 years in Boston. Also, he doesn't have an outside shot, his assist/turnover ratio is awful and takes too many risks going for steals.

There was a reason he didn't get any minutes for a team like Boston, with no other option at pg (Hint: he sucks).

And, again, don't get fired up. This is just my opinion on him. I've never seen him play a single good game, he may have had some great games but, even in that case, he's not consistent enough.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:02 pm
I'm not upset in the least; I was simply asking you to expand on your opinion. I'm not trying to offend you, I just didn't see how someone couldn't like the game of Marcus Banks... but if you've never seen him play a good game, than it's really not your fault. But it's nothing that pisses me off one way or the other. It's just opinion and I'm content with everyone's being different. Makes things interesting.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:19 pm
I highly doubt that Banks will make the most impact in the league ( from the threads choices ). Good player though...kinda...---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:45 pm
zero3zero wrote:Good player though...

And the best part is that he's only getting better...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:36 am
#32 wrote:I'm not upset in the least; I was simply asking you to expand on your opinion. I'm not trying to offend you, I just didn't see how someone couldn't like the game of Marcus Banks... but if you've never seen him play a good game, than it's really not your fault. But it's nothing that pisses me off one way or the other. It's just opinion and I'm content with everyone's being different. Makes things interesting.

Ok, then. Time will tell, I guess. I may have been unlucky with his games. I see potential in him, but he looks like a Pietrus clone... "dumb as a rock". :evil4:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:25 am
Looks more like an energy back-up 2 me, a good change the pace type ---***030***---
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:41 pm
#32 wrote:PS: I didn't list Chris Paul because everybody's on his nuts this season and I'm tired of hearing about him.

Who gives a fuk what you think about Paul, the guy is already among the top 5 PGs in the nba!!!!!!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:18 am
TMC wrote:The others are good role players, better suited coming from the bench... except Marcus Banks. He'd be a right fit in the NBDL

HAHAHAHA

I've seen some footage of Banks and he looks promising but still not that great

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:15 am
drfrank wrote:even though i didnt see tonight's game, CP3 put up ungodly numbers. 2nd triple-double in 3 games. there is a reason everyone is riding this kid, he is the real deal. he's not on the level of jason kidd, but he does a lot of things very, very well.

16.41 points
5.29 rebounds
8.0 assists
2.33 steals

these ranks are before tonight's game...

Ranks #7 in the NBA in Assists Per Game
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Steals Per Game
Ranks #17 in the NBA in Free Throws
Ranks #6 in the NBA in Assists
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Steals
Ranks #6 in the NBA in Assists Per Turnover
Ranks #8 in the NBA in Steals Per Turnover
Ranks #17 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes
Ranks #7 in the NBA in Assists Per 48 Minutes
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Steals Per 48 Minutes
Ranks #18 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking
Ranks #16 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes

Hornets 04-05 record (without Christ Paul): 18-56
Hornets 05-06 record through 74 games (with Christ Paul): 36-38

zero should respect kent, 32, you should respect this kid. i might even go as far as to say he should be mentioned in MVP talk. (mentioned is the key word)

Yea, that's it - Chris (not Christ, hahahahaha) Paul is something special! Who would have thought that a guy so small would rebound so well. He is along the lines of Jason Kidd but scores more

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:22 am
#32 wrote:The game comes easy to Dunleavy also... doesn't always mean he delivers.

I admit I don't like the white trash nerd (just a little :mrgreen: ) but he has played wel lately

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:17 am
you heard me, christ paul.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:05 pm
migya wrote:who gives a fuk what you think about Paul, the guy is already among the top 5 PGs in the nba!!!!!!

Read the thread before you leap into the conversation; I've already admitted that Chris Paul is better than anybody listed. The reason he's excluded is because of just that; nobody would vote for anyone else. A retarded monkey knows that Chris Paul is the next big thing. There's no reason to discuss it. Hence, his absence from the thread so we can discuss who else might be a future star.

And try to edit your posts next time instead of spamming the thread with four separate comments. Thanks.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:19 am
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:who gives a fuk what you think about Paul, the guy is already among the top 5 PGs in the nba!!!!!!

Read the thread before you leap into the conversation; I've already admitted that Chris Paul is better than anybody listed. The reason he's excluded is because of just that; nobody would vote for anyone else. A retarded monkey knows that Chris Paul is the next big thing. There's no reason to discuss it. Hence, his absence from the thread so we can discuss who else might be a future star.

And try to edit your posts next time instead of spamming the thread with four separate comments. Thanks.

Take a sedative you fool!!!!

I respond to comments the way I want, one at a time!

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board