Boxing Fans?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:09 pm
REVIVE!

CjR! Haven't heard from you in a while. What you think of the Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather's retirement? 31 years old, 39-0.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:36 am
xbay wrote:REVIVE!

CjR! Haven't heard from you in a while. What you think of the Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather's retirement? 31 years old, 39-0.

im ****ing pissed i wanted to see the delahoya mayweather rematch.some serious bs.
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:02 pm
webelieve wrote:
xbay wrote:REVIVE!

im ****ing pissed i wanted to see the delahoya mayweather rematch.some serious bs.

You really wanted to watch that boring ass fight again? that made me not want to order a pay per view fight again, even though i didn't even pay for it. He probably won't retire though, he just probably wants to pursue other interests without having to hear that he is neglecting his main career.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:42 am
im jus waitin for that pacquiao/diaz fight. pacman is all offense n speed. gotta love the filipino hero.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:52 pm
Hey, Xbay and boxing fans.

Check out tonight’s fight at 6:30, if you get a chance:

From HBO:
“In an intriguing showdown, Brooklyn's Zab Judah (36-5, 25 KOs) will trade punches with top-ranked contender Joshua Clottey (34-2, 20 KOs), from the Bronx by way of Ghana, in a scheduled 12-round welterweight title fight.“

And if you missed last week’s Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito fight, which was a war, catch it tonight on HBO, too, on the same telecast.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:11 pm
Yeah, heard the Margarito fight. Some crazy stuff. I'll check it out. Thanks, bro.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:31 pm
xbay wrote:Yeah, heard the Margarito fight. Some crazy stuff. I'll check it out. Thanks, bro.

hm xbay my man

hear about the possibility of a delahoya pac fight??oooh man :D
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:07 am
webelieve wrote:
xbay wrote:Yeah, heard the Margarito fight. Some crazy stuff. I'll check it out. Thanks, bro.

hm xbay my man

hear about the possibility of a delahoya pac fight??oooh man :D

Yeah, but Pac has been given a wide variety of possibilities. He can move up in weight and fight Hatton. Stay down and fight Valero. So either way, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to justify himself as the best pound-for-pound boxer of this era/all-time. Just hope he makes the right choice.

But yeah, that'd be a crazy fight. Especially since both are under the same label of Golden Boy. Oscar is retiring after 3 more matches I think... or at least that's what he said.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:24 am
Yeah, I heard the Manny-DLH possible fight mentioned on HBO. That would be awesome, and I think he'll send DLH to retirement.

Did you guys catch the Cotto Margarito fight? That was classic. Any other guy, Cotto would have knocked out already. But Margarito has super granite chin, just kept coming, and just wore Cotto down. Cotto was just exahausted more than anything in the 11th. He really didn’t go down from a certain punch.

As for the Zab Judah fight, Zab is such a super talent, but you never know which Zab will show up. Tonight, he showed up, but picked the wrong opponent who has tremendous defense and iron chin. Judah quit after sustaining that bad cut in the eye, thinking he’d win on points.

For Manny, I’d do Valero first, then Hatton, and make a super-mega fight against DLH. He has to be careful with Hatton, though, because this kid is rough, has stamina, and has granite chin.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:06 pm
Looks like it's official, Manny will take on Oscar December 6th. This will be Oscar's last fight, but it's more than just a going away fight, it's to "avenge his country" after Pacman has beat every one of the top Mexican fighters in his weight class. Can't wait for this one.

Really, Manny's speed and power should rock Oscar. But something tells me Oscar is going to put up a fight... still, I'm not so sure if Oscar has the stamina to keep up with Manny for 12 rounds if ends up being a UD. I predict a KO before 12 rounds.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:26 am
This is gonna be huge. Can't wait for this one. I guess Oscar didn't want to fight margarito so he can have the mexicans in his corner. Has manny fought at the weight he is gonna fight at? Oscar still has some pop man, it's gonna be good

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:49 pm
manny is gonna rock the golden boy. dela hoya doesnt have enough left in his tank for pacquiao. im not just saying this cuz im a pacquiao fan...im saying this as a boxing fan. oscar is just going to embarrass himself. he's gonna be too slow to keep up with manny. manny looked WAY too comfortable fighting at his new class a couple months ago. i think manny will knock him out in 9. if it goes to anymore than 10 rounds i will be shocked.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:20 pm
a little biased maybe? lol

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:45 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:a little biased maybe? lol

like i said, i was talking as a boxing fan. take it for what you want whether it be biased or whatevs...i dont think anyone can convince me that oscar's a threat; especially not by using any of his recent fights (last 7 years) as examples. Manny Pacquiao, who just recently entered his prime, vs Oscar De La Hoya whose prime ended almost a decade ago when he fought trinidad...pretty hard to say the golden boy is gonna last if you ask me.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:49 pm
E-Man wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:a little biased maybe? lol

like i said, i was talking as a boxing fan. take it for what you want whether it be biased or whatevs...i dont think anyone can convince me that oscar's a threat; especially not by using any of his recent fights (last 7 years) as examples. Manny Pacquiao, who just recently entered his prime, vs Oscar De La Hoya whose prime ended almost a decade ago when he fought trinidad...pretty hard to say the golden boy is gonna last if you ask me.

when has oscar been knocked out though? i'm not an oscar fan, but Pac has gotta move up two weight classes, but you seem to think it'll be a cakewalk.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board