Message Board Sports Betting Group

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Mon May 16, 2016 8:18 am
I was thinking of starting this for entertainment/profit purposes. We can start an account on bovada that we all have access to and each put in around $5 to start and see how long we can go for. Any sports can be open for discussion to bet on but probably mainly the 3 major usa sports leagues and college. Just sign up here thanks!

Franchise Player
» Mon May 16, 2016 11:21 pm
I think I'd be interested but I have a feeling I'll never see my $5,00 again.

Every year I am handing over my hard earned money to JReed for his fantasy football league... (which reminds me to PM JReed about the dynasty league)

All Star
» Tue May 17, 2016 6:38 am
PAWNO wrote:I have a feeling I'll never see my $5,00 again.

Thanks Pawno. It will be a democratic group so the majority rules for which bets can be placed. Everyone will have access to the money and account at all times. The money is not important, if someone really wants to join then we can work something out, its more to keep people engaged in the process somewhat. I even have a PO box if people just want to mail cash so no personal info would have to be exchanged. And if someone says they mailed $5 and it didnt arrive I will just take your word for it that you are not a douche bag who lies about $5. Its really for entertainment only so come on down!

All Star
» Sun May 22, 2016 10:58 pm
Ok Pawno instead of just PMing everything Ill start out by working out some details here so others can track what we are doing and give some more time for people to sign up. Also anybody can join at anytime I dont see why not.

The first problem I think of is how we can get on the same page about a game in a timely manner so a bet can be placed. Usually this is only about a 1-20 hour window or so. The easiest solution I come up with is to agree on 1 (or more) day of the week to bet on every week. So for example we will say that we agree that every wednesday will be the "bet day".

Everyone will get the lines for that day and pick who they like to win. When people pick the same winners then thats where the bet will be placed since the majority is picking that winner. (there should also be degrees of how sure your are about each pick). Theres no pressure to show up because if you dont then the pick will be placed by whoever (if anyone) has shown up for the "bet day".

This is just a planning phase so more will follow.

All Star
» Tue May 24, 2016 9:34 am
With football you have several days to place a bet so that may be a good place to start and its probably the easiest to bet on.