Something that bothers me with Sports Writers

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:31 am
Sorry for this post but it's just annoys me too much that I have to get it out cuz i just saw a random article talking about nba busts. :banghead:

Each year when sports writers develop a "NBA All-Time Draft Biggest Busts", they usually write the usual people: Kwame Brown, Joe Smith, Chris Washburn, Joe Smith, Todd Fuller. But thats not what pisses me off, What pisses me off is when they say Shawn Respert, Michigan State Star 25ppg Drafted 8th in 1995 draft. His NBA career was short and only averaged around 3 ppg but whenever I see his name as a bust, it sort of irks me because how can you say the guy is a bust when he retired cuz of getting diagonsed with cancer at 23? He didnt talk about the cancer until 2002 or 2003, but still seeing sportswriter say he's a bust just annoys me. How can writers in the right mind say that? is he still considered a bust?
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:35 am
He is considered a bust. It's not fair, but people (and sports writers above any other) only know what you've done during your career, never caring about why you weren't so great as expected.

Return to Sports Board