32's Two Minute Ramble: DENVER NUGGETS

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:39 pm
Newman

http://82games.com/04GSW4E.HTM

Check that page for his clutch stats. You'll notice that Fisher shoots his highest field goal percentage (53%) with 0-10 seconds left in the game when either team is ahead or behind by 5 or less points (while the rest of the game, he's in the mid-30's). He's also never been blocked during a clutch shot, as can be seen in his 0% blk'd rating.

TMC

Yes, FG% Allowed is also something to describe Bowen... I'm not disagreeing with you because that's also A STATISTIC! And Bowen getting away with fouls isn't true because the definition of "what a foul is" varies greatly. I may think that the lightest slap on the hand is considered a foul, while somebody else could simply call it physical play. Fouls are the most intangible things in basketball because their definition isn't clear. That's the ONLY reason a statistic about players getting away with them isn't possible. It's like a strike-zone in baseball because everybody's definition is the same. That's not so with other aspects of the game... a 3-point field goal, for example, has to be AT LEAST 23-feet out. Nothing debatable about it. You will probably find a Spurs fan that greatly disagrees with you about Bowen fouling people a lot. That point, basically, is invalid because it's your own opinion.

Boo-yah
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:44 pm
Player32 wrote:Newman

http://82games.com/04GSW4E.HTM

Check that page for his clutch stats. You'll notice that Fisher shoots his highest field goal percentage (53%) with 0-10 seconds left in the game when either team is ahead or behind by 5 or less points (while the rest of the game, he's in the mid-30's). He's also never been blocked during a clutch shot, as can be seen in his 0% blk'd rating.

TMC

Yes, FG% Allowed is also something to describe Bowen... I'm not disagreeing with you because that's also A STATISTIC! And Bowen getting away with fouls isn't true because the definition of "what a foul is" varies greatly. I may think that the lightest slap on the hand is considered a foul, while somebody else could simply call it physical play. Fouls are the most intangible things in basketball because their definition isn't clear. That's the ONLY reason a statistic about players getting away with them isn't possible. It's like a strike-zone in baseball because everybody's definition is the same. That's not so with other aspects of the game... a 3-point field goal, for example, has to be AT LEAST 23-feet out. Nothing debatable about it. You will probably find a Spurs fan that greatly disagrees with you about Bowen fouling people a lot. That point, basically, is invalid because it's your own opinion.

Boo-yah

U have opened my eyes, that fisher stat was amazing. I think I go a liitle easy on the guy from now on. But still I have my reservations about him being a good PG for our team the first 47 minutes and 50 seconds of the game

PS I am not being sarcastic, although it may sound like it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:45 pm
God, you can't admit to be wrong, can you?. So your excuse now is that fouls are undefined?, please...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:46 pm
Hahaha, ok. I think seeing that monkey always implies some sort of sarcasm, but I'll take your word for it. I love that sig!

TMC, are you arguing that fouls aren't defined in stone? Is that what's going on? Because if you are, then I'd like to hear good cause. Why aren't all games called the same way, every time, if fouls are defined completely and clearly? I think you're just angry that I called BS on that point of yours because it's the last one in your bag of tricks...

This isn't something to argue over. Statistics can prove virtually every part of the game that's defined. Prove me wrong; I'd love to expand my knowledge, TMC. :thegraduate:
Last edited by 32 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:51 pm
I've already proved it, but seems both of us are too stubborn to accept the other point of view. We'll have to agree to disagree.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:52 pm
Okay. :boxing: Fight ends in a draw
Previous

Return to Sports Board