Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:48 pm
JREED wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:They never should have fired the former coach, never should have giving so much for Palmer, and to Miami, am in strait panic mode.

In other words, they should have had a real GM a long time ago...

Something like that, I need to do more extensive research on what the hell is going on with this team, I know they made some head scratching moves in the past but damn, we need to learn. Honestly raiders looking like the warriors before this season. To Miami, my roomate who is a chargers fan was hating all day. Miami with the rookie QB C'mon now.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:44 am
I am not saying Alex Smith is bad, I just said Palmer plays like Smith (similar styles... safe throws).... THAT WORKS FOR THE 49ERS. IT DOES NOT FOR THE RAIDERS. If both QB's swapped teams, I am convince the records would be identical. Palmer isnt the reason why this team is 0-2.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:25 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I am not saying Alex Smith is bad, I just said Palmer plays like Smith (similar styles... safe throws).... THAT WORKS FOR THE 49ERS. IT DOES NOT FOR THE RAIDERS. If both QB's swapped teams, I am convince the records would be identical. Palmer isnt the reason why this team is 0-2.

Without Harbaugh, agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:59 am
Raiders were close to their epic comeback... ugh so frustrating
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:37 am
Doug Martin... Dang! Raiders have a log going for them in terms of talent and some decent pieces, but the fundamentals and small things just aren't being executed. Tackling has to be a major point of emphasis for this team because letting a rookie rack up 250+ yards and 4 TDs on the ground is embarrassing.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm
I know it's only the lowly Chiefs and we settled for 5 Field Goals.. But Damn!!! McFadden chalking up 100 yards rushing.

Could of been more had he's ankle been in better shape and we used him as the workhorse because Goodson was only a couple of yards off being a 100yard rusher as well.

Still would prefer to lose out here and get a good draft pick. Allthough I have heard their is nothing special in this years draft.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:32 pm
Raiders lost today... at least we are in shape for a top 5.

Team needs a lot of help though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:52 am
I have a feeling my raiders are going to be going through some growing pains this season. even with some restructuring of deals, its going to be rough before it gets any better.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:36 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I have a feeling my raiders are going to be going through some growing pains this season. even with some restructuring of deals, its going to be rough before it gets any better.

Agreed.

All the more reason to cut Palmer and let Pryor take the growing pains.

Least that's the direction i'd like to head.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 pm
Yeah I don't think you guys have much to gain this season with Palmer. He does give the Raiders the best chance to win, but realistically, what's another two wins or so in a sub .500 season? I would be concerned what thr cap number would be if he did get cut though - sucks paying a guy that isn't even on the team.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:20 pm
My biggest thing is I don't want to lose every game. But, Palmer shouldn't waste his last good years on our shitty ass team. He should go somewhere he can help win. Like the Vikings or another team that's good that needs a QB.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:41 am
Vikings signed Cassel for around 4 millions per year, so I don't think they would spend more on QB position. Only if they trade or cut Ponder, and I don't see that happening. But, stranger things have happened...

Maybe he can go to Bills, that wouldn't be far fetched.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:22 am
Yeah vikings are gonna kick the tires on ponder for at least another full season. Not much of a market for Palmer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:04 am
Well, McKenzie is cleaning house. He is signing all these "average" players on the defense side to short contracts. I like this strategy. He is anticipating a rough season, but he is doing it the right way. He is rebuilding this team. If the Raiders can get Sharriff Floyd or Star Lotulelei (even with his heart condition), they can really begin building this team.

The team should cut Palmer (agreeing with you guys), Cut McClain. I think Tommy Kelly can be useful with a contract deduction.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:12 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Well, McKenzie is cleaning house. He is signing all these "average" players on the defense side to short contracts. I like this strategy. He is anticipating a rough season, but he is doing it the right way. He is rebuilding this team. If the Raiders can get Sharriff Floyd or Star Lotulelei (even with his heart condition), they can really begin building this team.

The team should cut Palmer (agreeing with you guys), Cut McClain. I think Tommy Kelly can be useful with a contract deduction.

If the Chiefs take Geno Smith (which i doubt, they already have Akex Smith)

Then we gotta try and grab Luke Joeckel.

I'd be keen on trading down and getting a barrage of different picks.

CB is weak ATM for Raiders. We are gonna get destroyed. But supposedly Tawain Jones wants a positional switch & this might just suit him/us because he has got that crazy speed to stay with WR (don't know how good he agility is cause you need the hips to stay with a cutting WR)
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board