the lastest news: McGrady signs one-year deal with Pistons

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:13 am
Tracy McGrady signed a one-year free agent deal with the Detroit Pistons worth 1.3 million U.S. dollars on Monday.

The 31-year-old guard struggled last season in 24 games for the New York Knicks, averaging only 9.4 points as a starter after averaging 22.1 points a game in 12 prior NBA seasons.

"I was coming back from an injury and I wasn't healthy enough to play the way that I will be able to play this season," McGrady said. "The difference between my knee last year and this year is night and day."

McGrady's stops have included three seasons in Toronto, four in Orlando and five with Houston. McGrady has never played on a team that advanced past the first round of the NBA playoffs.

McGrady won NBA scoring crowns in 2003 and 2004, averaging a career-best 32.1 points a game in Orlando in 2003 and 28.0 points a game the following season before being traded to Houston.

In recent seasons, the playmaker has struggled with back woes and microfracture knee surgery.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:43 am
TMac just adds to the logjam at SG/SF in Detroit and isn't a player that fills a need. Saying that, he can explode and be a star at least a bit.

Detroit looks bad and they need to get s very good big before BWallace leaves and/or falls into being a normal player that doesn't rebound and defend real well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:43 pm
I didn't even know that Wallace was back on the Pistons or even in the league still, lol. I have never been a fan of his although his numbers weren't too bad last season. But the guy is going to be 36 next season, so if Det is going to get good before he retires or whatever they better do it in the next couple of seasons - and I doubt anyone realistically sees this happening. They are garbage. Picking up TMac was just a ploy to sell some more tickets and generate a little buzz amongst their rabid fan base, he is not going to help them win games.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:23 pm
JREED23 wrote:I didn't even know that Wallace was back on the Pistons or even in the league still, lol. I have never been a fan of his although his numbers weren't too bad last season. But the guy is going to be 36 next season, so if Det is going to get good before he retires or whatever they better do it in the next couple of seasons - and I doubt anyone realistically sees this happening. They are garbage. Picking up TMac was just a ploy to sell some more tickets and generate a little buzz amongst their rabid fan base, he is not going to help them win games.

Agreed. But maybe they would be more willing to move prince, as i posted in trade chat. Give them Vlad who can fill in at PF and spread the floor for them behind Villanueva, and C. Bell would backup R. Stuckey and W. Bynum. Stuckey had a couple of health scares last year (remember him collapsing?), and they could use some vet experience at that spot. Plus a future pick....
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Return to NBA Forum