Page 2 of 3

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:12 pm
by migya
Beast Mode wrote:David literally started shooting jump shots last season. If you were to ask me who I'd want on my team in the front court for the next 8 years, Lee or Stoudemire, I'm going Lee. Game is far less relied on explosiveness. Not the pretty pick, won't sell as many tickets, but is the better player. Put him next to Nash and he's getting AT LEAST Amare numbers, with probly 6 more boards a game.



Lee did the best he could last season and I don't think he'll ever have a season like that again. There is no comparison between the two, Amare is better in most facets, except rebounding

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:10 pm
by warriorsstepup
David Lee will get his, but he is no Amare, look at the pay-checks, not hating on Lee but he is no Amare.

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:47 pm
by Quazza
if we're juding on pay cheques, McGrady was robbed of the MVP award last year

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:41 pm
by migya
warriorsstepup wrote:David Lee will get his, but he is no Amare, look at the pay-checks, not hating on Lee but he is no Amare.



Just stick with stats and what he means to his team. Nash was the brains that made it work from the moment he arrived in Phoenix, but Amare was arguably their best player. Th season Amare was out with microfracture surgery, the Suns were still a very good team, due to the rise of Diaw and great overall team contribution, but they were nowhere near as good as when they had Amare. They will likely struggle this season and it'll be something to see what Nash can pull out of the bag this time

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:42 am
by Quazza
so now Amare was better than the back to back MVP


hahaha. Love it

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:35 am
by migya
Quazza wrote:so now Amare was better than the back to back MVP


hahaha. Love it



He was just an average player for all those years in Phoenix. What was I seeing, must have been a dream or something. He did do quite well before Nash got there and he was still in his third year or something there abouts. Maybe not better than the two time MVP, but certainly the best player he had next to him and the reason for many of those assists :wink:


On a side note, been real constructive the last week or so on here Quazz [-X :wink:

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:44 pm
by Quazza
why? Cos i disagree with a lot of what you say? No doubt you're implying the new site etc, but that's always been the case lol

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:47 pm
by PAWNO
Quazza wrote:if we're juding on pay cheques, McGrady was robbed of the MVP award last year


& considering he sat on the bench, Might as well give him the 6th Man of the year award!!!

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:04 am
by migya
Quazza wrote:why? Cos i disagree with a lot of what you say? No doubt you're implying the new site etc, but that's always been the case lol



I'm implying your tone the last week here. Not like before, but anyway

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:26 am
by PAWNO
Come on now Aussie BOYS... No need to fight!!!

If you need to settle a debate then just ask a QUEENSLANDER (the smart state)

:P

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:29 am
by Quazza
I don't think my "tone" is any different. Less posts? Sure. But I've never been one to go into paragraph after paragraph. I generally, agree, or disagree, in one short sentence

Lets not lose sight of the fact I can't stand Stoudamire. Maybe that has something to do with it

*shrugs*

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:35 am
by migya
Quazza wrote:I don't think my "tone" is any different. Less posts? Sure. But I've never been one to go into paragraph after paragraph. I generally, agree, or disagree, in one short sentence

Lets not lose sight of the fact I can't stand Stoudamire. Maybe that has something to do with it

*shrugs*




Maybe it is, but don't forget, Lee isn't up to Amare's knees in talent :mrgreen: :wink:

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:42 am
by PAWNO
Quazza wrote:I don't think my "tone" is any different. Less posts? Sure. But I've never been one to go into paragraph after paragraph. I generally, agree, or disagree, in one short sentence

Lets not lose sight of the fact I can't stand Stoudamire. Maybe that has something to do with it

*shrugs*



That's true..

your like Chris Rock "One Line Wise Crack"

I don't think i've ever seen you even write a Paragraph!!! But i appreciate the Quality over Quantity bro.

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:34 am
by Quazza
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:I don't think my "tone" is any different. Less posts? Sure. But I've never been one to go into paragraph after paragraph. I generally, agree, or disagree, in one short sentence

Lets not lose sight of the fact I can't stand Stoudamire. Maybe that has something to do with it

*shrugs*




Maybe it is, but don't forget, Lee isn't up to Amare's knees in talent :mrgreen: :wink:


see I agree with that, Lee doesn't have half the raw talent Amare does. And that speaks volumes about them both

Re: Jockeying by players sets stage for MVP race

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:50 pm
by migya
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:I don't think my "tone" is any different. Less posts? Sure. But I've never been one to go into paragraph after paragraph. I generally, agree, or disagree, in one short sentence

Lets not lose sight of the fact I can't stand Stoudamire. Maybe that has something to do with it

*shrugs*




Maybe it is, but don't forget, Lee isn't up to Amare's knees in talent :mrgreen: :wink:


see I agree with that, Lee doesn't have half the raw talent Amare does. And that speaks volumes about them both



Lee gets the most out of his talent, that's why I think he will regress soon, in a few seasons. I also think he is overpriced, but after his performance last season, I can understand why he got that contract