*OFFICIAL 2010 NBA Offseason Movement Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:02 pm
bada wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the f the Wolves are doing?

They get 3 SF's on draft day, and now they have scheduled a free agent visit with Rudy Gay.

LOL.
~LilBallerx~

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:03 pm
bada wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the f the Wolves are doing?

They get 3 SF's on draft day, and now they have scheduled a free agent visit with Rudy Gay.



Hey, they're taking a good approach. One year, you draft only PGs, the next one, only SFs, for the next one, it will be only PFs... in five years you'll have a team worth starting!!!!! :mrgreen:

All Star
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: SF
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:16 am
bada wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the f the Wolves are doing?

They get 3 SF's on draft day, and now they have scheduled a free agent visit with Rudy Gay.


They could be getting themselves ready for a trade with us. We need an SF. They could really use Monta.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:46 am
fine wrote:
bada wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the f the Wolves are doing?

They get 3 SF's on draft day, and now they have scheduled a free agent visit with Rudy Gay.


They could be getting themselves ready for a trade with us. We need an SF. They could really use Monta.


Not sure about that. Apparently, it's the Year of the Forwards in Minnesota. Next year will be centers. :mrgreen:

Btw... what is this Carmelo being traded talk? Denver doesn't want him?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:11 am
apparently they'll consider it if he's not willing to sign an extension, out of fear of losing him for nothing


Apparently the Hawks are set to offer JJ the max. Fkn nuts. Makes Monta's deal look amazing lol
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: Sweet cloudy California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:54 am
::lol: Gooden is now a buck with bad porn for 5 yr 32 mill deal Good Buck FO job paying this him till his 35 around 4-7 mill year.
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: Sweet cloudy California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:58 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the f the Wolves are doing?

They get 3 SF's on draft day, and now they have scheduled a free agent visit with Rudy Gay.



Hey, they're taking a good approach. One year, you draft only PGs, the next one, only SFs, for the next one, it will be only PFs... in five years you'll have a team worth starting!!!!! :mrgreen:
\

They're stockpiling for the winter of course.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:40 am
Wolves come to terms on a 4 year, $20 million deal with Darko Milicic
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:51 am
bada wrote:Wolves come to terms on a 4 year, $20 million deal with Darko Milicic


Image



Oh... sorry... :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:53 am
ESPN.com sources: Gay on verge of verbal agreement on five-year $80 million deal to stay with Memphis Grizzlies.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:11 pm
bada wrote:
ESPN.com sources: Gay on verge of verbal agreement on five-year $80 million deal to stay with Memphis Grizzlies.


WHAT THE %^%?!
~LilBallerx~

Image

All Star
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: SF
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:13 pm
bada wrote:
ESPN.com sources: Gay on verge of verbal agreement on five-year $80 million deal to stay with Memphis Grizzlies.


That's more then Granger got. But the kid is only 24. They're going to have him into his prime.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:22 pm
Chad Ford wrote:Last week Chris Paul trade talk hit a frenzy before the Hornets went public and stated they had no intention of trading Paul.

This week a league source told me that the Blazers actually made some progress toward landing Paul.

According to the source, the Blazers got close to a deal with the Hornets last week that would’ve sent Andre Miller, Joel Przybilla, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick to New Orelans for Paul and Emeka Okafor before Hornets GM Jeff Bower pulled out of the deal claiming that their owner wasn’t ready to trade Paul.

The Hornets no longer need to trade Paul for financial reasons. The trade they made on draft night with the Oklahoma City Thunder got them out of the luxury tax, so that’s no longer the issue.

The issue is whether Paul is now unhappy enough to force a trade. The Blazers believe he is and will continue to pursue a Paul deal. They won't be alone.

Both the Knicks and Nets are planning to step up pressure on the Hornets if they don't land LeBron. Both teams can offer massive cap relief to the Hornets if they take Paul and Okafor off their hands. The Knicks could also offer Danilo Gallinari. The Nets can offer Derrick Favors and Devin Harris.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:22 pm
bada wrote:
Chad Ford wrote:Last week Chris Paul trade talk hit a frenzy before the Hornets went public and stated they had no intention of trading Paul.

This week a league source told me that the Blazers actually made some progress toward landing Paul.

According to the source, the Blazers got close to a deal with the Hornets last week that would’ve sent Andre Miller, Joel Przybilla, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick to New Orelans for Paul and Emeka Okafor before Hornets GM Jeff Bower pulled out of the deal claiming that their owner wasn’t ready to trade Paul.

The Hornets no longer need to trade Paul for financial reasons. The trade they made on draft night with the Oklahoma City Thunder got them out of the luxury tax, so that’s no longer the issue.

The issue is whether Paul is now unhappy enough to force a trade. The Blazers believe he is and will continue to pursue a Paul deal. They won't be alone.

Both the Knicks and Nets are planning to step up pressure on the Hornets if they don't land LeBron. Both teams can offer massive cap relief to the Hornets if they take Paul and Okafor off their hands. The Knicks could also offer Danilo Gallinari. The Nets can offer Derrick Favors and Devin Harris.


If the Hornets trade CP, nobody will go a game again in that town. It makes absolutely no sense to trade him, from any point of view, on and off the court...
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:54 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:
Chad Ford wrote:Last week Chris Paul trade talk hit a frenzy before the Hornets went public and stated they had no intention of trading Paul.

This week a league source told me that the Blazers actually made some progress toward landing Paul.

According to the source, the Blazers got close to a deal with the Hornets last week that would’ve sent Andre Miller, Joel Przybilla, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick to New Orelans for Paul and Emeka Okafor before Hornets GM Jeff Bower pulled out of the deal claiming that their owner wasn’t ready to trade Paul.

The Hornets no longer need to trade Paul for financial reasons. The trade they made on draft night with the Oklahoma City Thunder got them out of the luxury tax, so that’s no longer the issue.

The issue is whether Paul is now unhappy enough to force a trade. The Blazers believe he is and will continue to pursue a Paul deal. They won't be alone.

Both the Knicks and Nets are planning to step up pressure on the Hornets if they don't land LeBron. Both teams can offer massive cap relief to the Hornets if they take Paul and Okafor off their hands. The Knicks could also offer Danilo Gallinari. The Nets can offer Derrick Favors and Devin Harris.


If the Hornets trade CP, nobody will go a game again in that town. It makes absolutely no sense to trade him, from any point of view, on and off the court...


Trading CP is equivalent to a family giving away their son. That's how much he is loved down there in New Orleans. I'm not saying trading CP would be a bad thing, I'm saying it'd be a horrible decision. They need to get pieces around him... but it really is hard considering how out of shape they are down there financially. How they're able to still field both the Saints and Hornets is amazing... but if you had to choose which team was the odd team out, it'd be the Hornets unfortunately.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron