*OFFICIAL 2010 NBA Offseason Movement Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:36 am
DAMN I forgot Knicks still have Tracy McGrady.

EDIT: wait do they?
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 am
LilBallerx30 wrote:DAMN I forgot Knicks still have Tracy McGrady.

EDIT: wait do they?

I'm pretty sure he was an expirer...

I also think the best thing Boozer can do is sign with somebody... tonight. Several teams are trying to woo Lebron at the last minute, and Boozer should take advantage of that. He won't be as enticing once Lebron is signed.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:25 pm
Looks like Boozer signed with the Bulls. $80m over five years.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:33 pm
what the....Bulls, Knicks, Nets have to step it up a notch
~LilBallerx~

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:53 pm
I can't figure out David Kahn and the Wolves. They have Jefferson, Love, Milicic and that other Euro so naturally they're going after David Lee. Now I read that they're interested in Ridinour, a pg, despite having Johhny Flynn, Ramon Sessions and eventually Ricky Rubio. Weird.

From Gery Woelfel of the Journal Times on Twitter: "Luke Ridnour visiting with T-Wolves [Wednesday]."

Though Ridnour is one of the top point guards in this summer's free-agent class, this meeting is a bit puzzling.

The Timberwolves have Jonny Flynn and Ramon Sessions, and they've continually said they're hopeful Ricky Rubio will join the squad when he has an NBA opt-out clause after the 2010-2011 season.

Adding another PG would seem like a strange move, especially one that could eat up all of their remaining $7 million in cap space, and when they're also targeting David Lee at the moment.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:09 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:Looks like Boozer signed with the Bulls. $80m over five years.

Looks like he heard TMC. :mrgreen:

It's a good signing. Derrick Rose is the man in Chicago. They never really needed Wade or LeBron. They needed someone to play second fiddle next to Rose. This is a good signing after losing out on Bosh. They finally have a post option.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:58 pm
xbay wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:Looks like Boozer signed with the Bulls. $80m over five years.

It's a good signing. Derrick Rose is the man in Chicago. They never really needed Wade or LeBron. They needed someone to play second fiddle next to Rose. This is a good signing after losing out on Bosh. They finally have a post option.

Yeah, great pickup for the Bulls. Boozer and Noah in the paint with Rose feeding them will be a nice combo.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:26 pm
I love Derrick Rose with a passion. No homo.
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:34 pm
Me too. Bulls are already a top 3 team in the East. As of right now I'd have it

1. Bulls
2. Heat
3. Celtics
4. Magic
5. Atlanta
6. Milwaukee
7. Charlotte
8. Wizards [Wall + Blatche = playoffs]
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:24 pm
Chad Ford reporting the Celts have agreed to terms with Ray Allen for 2 years/$20 million.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:13 pm
xbay wrote:

Of course he did. The Bulls only chance to finally change Lebron's mind was to sign a big name free agent and add him to a roster that includes Rose and Noah. If you add Lebron, that's a clear title contender. And that's the only reason Lebron would consider them as a viable option.

It won't be enough to make him sign there, tho... but it's a good signing nonetheless.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:42 am
More news:

* Miami is trying to create cap space for Lebron via a complicated trade that would allow them to move Beasley to Charlotte, Tyson Chandler to Houston and... honestly, I don't know what Toronto might get in that trade. Probably picks, but details are scarce, to say the least.

* Brandan Haywood agreed to a 6 year, $55 million deal with the Mavs. Good for both sides.

* Travis Outlaw signed a 5 year, $35 million deal with the Nets. Now that's overpaying. Not grossly, but overpaying. Btw, if that's Prokhorov's big move of the summer... they're due for another looooong season.

* Linas Kleiza is the next guy to join the euro movement in Toronto, after signing a 4 year, $18.8 million offer. Although Denver has 7 days to match. Glad to see him back in the league, tho.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:38 pm
Kleiza is a GREAT spark off the bench ... was wondering what happened to him ..
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:41 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Kleiza is a GREAT spark off the bench ... was wondering what happened to him ..

Played last year for Olympiakos, in Athens. Made it to the euroleague final (lost to Barcelona), won the greek title (I think, but I can be wrong) and made a TON of money, more than he would have made in the NBA... but now it's time to come back where the real competition is.

No word on Childress yet, tho... he might be back to the NBA, but he doesn't want to go back to Atlanta, and the Hawks still keep his rights, so I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back to Europe again.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:05 pm
TMC wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Kleiza is a GREAT spark off the bench ... was wondering what happened to him ..

Played last year for Olympiakos, in Athens. Made it to the euroleague final (lost to Barcelona), won the greek title (I think, but I can be wrong) and made a TON of money, more than he would have made in the NBA... but now it's time to come back where the real competition is.

Still remember how Olympiacos beat Partizan Belgrade in semis. If Childress wasn't there to tip in that air ball, team with a lot less money than bigger European teams would be in the finals. Instead, it went to overtime and they lost. Too bad I had to watch team from my city lose, cause I was a kid when they won it all in 1992.

Sorry for a small digression.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum