*OFFICIAL 2010 NBA Offseason Movement Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:44 pm
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:
Chad Ford wrote:Last week Chris Paul trade talk hit a frenzy before the Hornets went public and stated they had no intention of trading Paul.

This week a league source told me that the Blazers actually made some progress toward landing Paul.

According to the source, the Blazers got close to a deal with the Hornets last week that would’ve sent Andre Miller, Joel Przybilla, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick to New Orelans for Paul and Emeka Okafor before Hornets GM Jeff Bower pulled out of the deal claiming that their owner wasn’t ready to trade Paul.

The Hornets no longer need to trade Paul for financial reasons. The trade they made on draft night with the Oklahoma City Thunder got them out of the luxury tax, so that’s no longer the issue.

The issue is whether Paul is now unhappy enough to force a trade. The Blazers believe he is and will continue to pursue a Paul deal. They won't be alone.

Both the Knicks and Nets are planning to step up pressure on the Hornets if they don't land LeBron. Both teams can offer massive cap relief to the Hornets if they take Paul and Okafor off their hands. The Knicks could also offer Danilo Gallinari. The Nets can offer Derrick Favors and Devin Harris.

If the Hornets trade CP, nobody will go a game again in that town. It makes absolutely no sense to trade him, from any point of view, on and off the court...

Trading CP is equivalent to a family giving away their son. That's how much he is loved down there in New Orleans. I'm not saying trading CP would be a bad thing, I'm saying it'd be a horrible decision. They need to get pieces around him... but it really is hard considering how out of shape they are down there financially. How they're able to still field both the Saints and Hornets is amazing... but if you had to choose which team was the odd team out, it'd be the Hornets unfortunately.

It's going to be sooooo difficult to not become a Blazers fan if they trade for CP3 and keep Babbitt...

PG - CP3
SG - Roy
SF - Babbitt
PF - Aldridge
C - Okafor

:D :D :D
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:29 pm
Chum wrote:
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:
Chad Ford wrote:Last week Chris Paul trade talk hit a frenzy before the Hornets went public and stated they had no intention of trading Paul.

This week a league source told me that the Blazers actually made some progress toward landing Paul.

According to the source, the Blazers got close to a deal with the Hornets last week that would’ve sent Andre Miller, Joel Przybilla, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick to New Orelans for Paul and Emeka Okafor before Hornets GM Jeff Bower pulled out of the deal claiming that their owner wasn’t ready to trade Paul.

The Hornets no longer need to trade Paul for financial reasons. The trade they made on draft night with the Oklahoma City Thunder got them out of the luxury tax, so that’s no longer the issue.

The issue is whether Paul is now unhappy enough to force a trade. The Blazers believe he is and will continue to pursue a Paul deal. They won't be alone.

Both the Knicks and Nets are planning to step up pressure on the Hornets if they don't land LeBron. Both teams can offer massive cap relief to the Hornets if they take Paul and Okafor off their hands. The Knicks could also offer Danilo Gallinari. The Nets can offer Derrick Favors and Devin Harris.

If the Hornets trade CP, nobody will go a game again in that town. It makes absolutely no sense to trade him, from any point of view, on and off the court...

Trading CP is equivalent to a family giving away their son. That's how much he is loved down there in New Orleans. I'm not saying trading CP would be a bad thing, I'm saying it'd be a horrible decision. They need to get pieces around him... but it really is hard considering how out of shape they are down there financially. How they're able to still field both the Saints and Hornets is amazing... but if you had to choose which team was the odd team out, it'd be the Hornets unfortunately.

It's going to be sooooo difficult to not become a Blazers fan if they trade for CP3 and keep Babbitt...

PG - CP3
SG - Roy
SF - Babbitt
PF - Aldridge
C - Okafor

:D :D :D

hey Chum,
dont let the door hit ya on the ass on your way out!

just joking....that Blazer team looks pretty sweet. enjoy the Rose Garden!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:29 pm
man chum.. make up your mind... Warrior Fan, Laker Fan, now Blazers Fan? :mrgreen:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:36 pm
bada wrote:man chum.. make up your mind... Warrior Fan, Laker Fan, now Blazers Fan? :mrgreen:

Not funny :evil:

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:59 pm
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:man chum.. make up your mind... Warrior Fan, Laker Fan, now Blazers Fan? :mrgreen:

bwhahahahahaha!!

:wink: :mrgreen:

suck it up Warriors fans... this franchise can't go anywhere but up!
It's going to take some time, patience and a few more bumps...
If West or even Magic is involved, the FO climate will change dramatically.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:06 pm
Chum wrote:

Shouldn't quote myself but... doing it anyway...

I might have to bump my alliegence to Boston down one place...

Warriors/Blazers/Celtics

The thing about rooting for the Celtics is that they very rarely play the Warriors. The Blazers play them all the time. I think that's the reason I could never get on board with the Blazers. That and every Blazers fan I've ever met, after I've stated I was a Warriors fan, gives me that "Aww how sad. It must be tough to like a team that could barely hold it's own against a mid-level college team" look.

CP3/Roy/Babbitt.... that's just such an awesome combo. I'd have to root for that. Not over the Warriors of course, but maybe over the Celtics and everyone else.

I'm kinda tired of the Celtics/Lakers domination. I think I want to see them both hit a long losing streak.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Add the Heat when they sign all those free agents. And probably the Nets once they move to Brooklin...

Man, Chum, you're gonna be rooting for half the NBA!!!. Not bad, I'm sure one of your teams will make you a happy fan... :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:15 pm
One team man. I hate every one else. Some teams are past hatred. It's vile, deep down loathing
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:24 am
Quazza wrote:One team man. I hate every one else. Some teams are past hatred. It's vile, deep down loathing

Nah, I've always been a two team guy. I have a main and a back-up. It has always made the seasons more interesting...

Oregon/UCONN
Warriors/Celtics
Giants/As
49ers/Ravens (My back-up has always changes here. Was a solid Raiders fan until the move to LA)

I've lived as many years in Oregon as I've lived in California at this point. I actually get to go to a few Blazers games every year, someone always wants to give up tickets now and then. When the Blazers got rid of their Jail-Blazers image I started liking them a bit more. Drafting Babbitt (my favorite player in this draft) made me like them a whole lot more. If they pick up CP3, one of my favorites... I don't think I'll be able to resist rooting for them any longer. I don't think I could ever put them ahead of the Warriors though. Too many great childhood memories of being a Warriors fan for me to let go of.

The Celtics on the other hand... I was raised to be a Celtics fan. All of my relatives are east coasters and Celtics fans. This also accounts for my alliegence to UCONN. The Celtics are kinda Lakery though. Too many titles, too many top players taking pay cuts to go there. I want to see a changing of the guard and a more balanced league.

As for the Lakers.... my hate for them is sooooo strong. There is no team in all of sports I hate more than the Lakers, and no player I hate more than Kobe. Their smug, pretentious LA swagger makes me want to hurt somebody, and when I say "somebody" I mean all of the Lakers and most especially Kobe. Not that I'd ever do that of course. No need to call the internet police :)

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:55 am
Fine by me...but, I have a one question, Chum. For how long you need to have that horrible logo as your avatar? :)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:58 am
Guybrush wrote:Fine by me...but, I have a one question, Chum. For how long you need to have that horrible logo as your avatar? :)

He needs to represent the World Champion Los Angelese Lakers until the end of July.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:02 am
bada wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Fine by me...but, I have a one question, Chum. For how long you need to have that horrible logo as your avatar? :)

He needs to represent the World Champion Los Angelese Lakers until the end of July.

Yes, bada cursed me with this until the end of July :evil: :evil: :evil:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:03 am
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:

Yes, bada cursed me with this until the end of July :evil: :evil: :evil:

you are being a great sport though Chum.... respect!
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:12 am
Yeah, I figured out you didn't do that because you like Lakers. Was it a lost bet? Bada, if it was a bet, you could have been easier on a guy, this is really tough. :)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:19 am
Guybrush wrote:Yeah, I figured out you didn't do that because you like Lakers. Was it a lost bet? Bada, if it was a bet, you could have been easier on a guy, this is really tough. :)

yes, was an "avatar" bet on the finals.

Return to NBA Forum