*OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFFS AND PREDICTIONS THREAD*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:57 am
bada wrote: I know I am in the minority on this board but I want to see Lakers/Cavs finals. To me, it is the most compelling.

I want to see two players with great will go head to head for a championship. Been a long time since we have seen that in the league and I would find it interesting to watch.

Me too. It's not like there's much to choose from, tho... The East is all about Orlando or Cleveland (no, I still don't give Boston many options in the next round) and the West is... well, up to the Lakers. Lots of good teams, but certainly no great ones other than L.A.

And, when you consider the matchups, there's nothing better than Lakers vs Cavs right now.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:20 am
cavs play horrendous basketball, i really could not root for a team that has two plays. one lebron, the other the high school fifth grade passing around the perimeter. oh and they put an unmoving piece of lard-meat in he middle at times. completely GROSS. no basketball. bulls were playing much better and sound basketball in the series.

lakers at least have their ''triangle' offense that makes only two players a watchers, but they also have one on five player, which too often make them look very sad.

kobe vs. lebron, no thank you, i have not ever had a 'star' sucker mentality.

i even prefer spurs to lakers, ''cause popovich is hands down better coach than jackson. but of the west - it's suns or jerry sloan and his undermanned jazz team.

east really sucks, besides bull's enthusiasm and activity. hawks could be good plus FUN (so much athlethicism there), but too often play this boring useless crap of isolation basketball. heat is not a playoff's team. bucks as well. celtics too old to hold a candle to flowere's grave. bobcats lack shooters, so they have too many troubles offensively even when their defense is superb. magic, well, magic at least have pietrus
:mrgreen:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:24 pm
bigstrads wrote:Hey fellas................any playoff games worth me getting hold of yet?

Havnt been paying much attention so far, mostly because of time retraints but a little to do with me not really giving a crap.

I see noticed no one answered your question, Bigs. :mrgreen:

Mmm... actually the Lakers/Zombie Sonics series is one to watch. I still think the Lakers will take it, but you gotta enjoy and appreciate the toughness and maturity those young kids on OKC are putting on display. They're letting the world know that just cause they're young... they're not going to be pushed around. They're a big man away from being a high seeded team.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:55 pm
xbay wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Hey fellas................any playoff games worth me getting hold of yet?

Havnt been paying much attention so far, mostly because of time retraints but a little to do with me not really giving a crap.

Mmm... actually the Lakers/Zombie Sonics series is one to watch. I still think the Lakers will take it, but you gotta enjoy and appreciate the toughness and maturity those young kids on OKC are putting on display. They're letting the world know that just cause they're young... they're not going to be pushed around. They're a big man away from being a high seeded team.

Yeah, Lakers vs Zombie Sonics is alright, although we all know when it's gonna end... But it's fun for the matchups.

The Nuggets vs Jazz is entertaining as well... but not much else.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:21 pm
lol thunders blew out the lakers to tie it up.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:20 pm
GASP BRANDON JENNINGS SHOT OVER 40%!
:)
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 am
xbay wrote:

good one to watch!

I like the Blazers/Suns series too. Maybe the bobcats/magic only for the former Warrior element... and Hawks/Bucks just for sentimental reasons,, hawks used to be in St. Louis and I used to live in Milwaukee for college...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:53 am
only one thing [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoeeq-BH4w[/youtube]
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:55 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:lol thunders blew out the lakers to tie it up.

Thunder are doing real well and it'd be incredible to see the Lakers go out in the first round.

Suns should have put the Blazers away and instead are even 2-2.

Looks like just the Magic and Celts will sweep and that rest between rounds is real important I think

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:06 am
Still don't trust the Zombie Sonics on the road. But it'd be fun to see them knock out the Lakers.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:27 am
Money Morrow wrote:
xbay wrote:

good one to watch!

I like the Blazers/Suns series too. Maybe the bobcats/magic only for the former Warrior element... and Hawks/Bucks just for sentimental reasons,, hawks used to be in St. Louis and I used to live in Milwaukee for college...

I like the Blazers/Suns series, too. Both teams are playing very physical, not dirty, but real physical. I don't think bringing Roy back this early will help them, and if anything... it hurts Roy in the long run. But from what I saw last night, it inspired them even more.

The Bobcats/Magic series makes me sigh... look at all those former Warrior players: Jackson, Barnes, Pietrus, Foyle.

I actually enjoyed the Hawks/Bucks game yesterday, mainly cause the Aussie's in the crowd showed up to support even with Bogut injured. They were LOUD.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:52 pm
xbay wrote:

Cheers man.............seems like a brother gets forgotten about and ignored if he isnt posting every day huh. :wink:

Yeah, the only thing Ive been interested in so far is the Thunder knocking off the Fakers..............Ill go for one of the Thunder wins, hopefully one in La La Land! [-o<
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:04 pm
Exactly how much do you guys think Mark Cuban hates the Spurs now? :mrgreen:

Oh, and the Heat should get on their knees and thank Wade. Dude salvaged their season for one more game(although it'll end in game five) after shooting lights out near the end of the third to the end of the game. One of the most amazing shooting performances I've seen.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:16 pm
Spurs up 3-1, who would have thought with how the Mavs have played this season. Wonder if the Spurs can go far this time if they do beat the Mavs.

Jazz up 3-1 on Nuggets, even with no AK and Okur. Jazz are also intriguing and could go far themselves.

Cavs thrash Bulls and should close it out next game.

Heat beat Celts, but don't think they'll have a repeat game like that

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:37 pm
Lebrons numbers this series are ridiculous. This is off the top of my head(watching sports centre yesterday) so may be a little off but it was something like 37 points 11 boards and 9 assists a game. That's crazy
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum