*OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFFS AND PREDICTIONS THREAD*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:09 pm
JSU2004 wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
metalface wrote:That Miami game was painful.

I cant believe Wade is reported to be the one free agent who will most likely stay with his current team. If I was Wade I would hold out for as long as possible and if they dont sign someone significant I would bail. That roster is so pathetic without him.

No doubt about that.

Take Wade away and their a lottery team. No wonder they wanted to include Beasley in that proposed deal for Amare. The dude was suppose to have a "big game" with KG out. O'Neal's FG stat line is 4-24 from the field.

I'm surprised with Beasley, thought he'd be better by now, but he is looking like a bit of a pretender. If they can't get Amare or Boozer, Wade is best to leave there, because that team is not going up but down with that roster

They need a point guard. A big man won't hurt, but they need a point guard bad. Chalmers & Arroyo are both better playing a shooting guard type role than point guard. I'd package either one with somebody else for a real guard.

Miami's team is not gonna be the same next year, not even close. So far, only Beasley, Chalmers and Daequan Cook stay under contract, they'll get Wade back, I'd bet for Amare as well... and will have to sign a lot of guys to complete their roster.

They've been preparing for this offseason for years, kinda like NY... If Wade bolts, they're done, but they also have a chance to be a very good team next year.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:49 am
Hey fellas................any playoff games worth me getting hold of yet?

Havnt been paying much attention so far, mostly because of time retraints but a little to do with me not really giving a crap.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:24 pm
TMC wrote:
JSU2004 wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
metalface wrote:That Miami game was painful.

I cant believe Wade is reported to be the one free agent who will most likely stay with his current team. If I was Wade I would hold out for as long as possible and if they dont sign someone significant I would bail. That roster is so pathetic without him.

No doubt about that.

Take Wade away and their a lottery team. No wonder they wanted to include Beasley in that proposed deal for Amare. The dude was suppose to have a "big game" with KG out. O'Neal's FG stat line is 4-24 from the field.

I'm surprised with Beasley, thought he'd be better by now, but he is looking like a bit of a pretender. If they can't get Amare or Boozer, Wade is best to leave there, because that team is not going up but down with that roster

They need a point guard. A big man won't hurt, but they need a point guard bad. Chalmers & Arroyo are both better playing a shooting guard type role than point guard. I'd package either one with somebody else for a real guard.

Miami's team is not gonna be the same next year, not even close. So far, only Beasley, Chalmers and Daequan Cook stay under contract, they'll get Wade back, I'd bet for Amare as well... and will have to sign a lot of guys to complete their roster.

They've been preparing for this offseason for years, kinda like NY... If Wade bolts, they're done, but they also have a chance to be a very good team next year.

I wish we had their Riley instead of ours
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:10 pm
I am so sick of listening to Reggie Miller blow LeBron James during this game.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:07 pm
CHICAGO :D
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:04 pm
martin wrote:CHICAGO :D

How dare you.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:50 pm
it was great seeing Chicago win, though Cleveland is going to win the series.

now I want those Zombie Sonics to drag it out,, 7 games! 7 games!
tire those sissy fakers out!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:57 pm
Money Morrow wrote:it was great seeing Chicago win, though Cleveland is going to win the series.

now I want those Zombie Sonics to drag it out,, 7 games! 7 games!
tire those sissy fakers out!!!!

If they can take it to the Lakers and wear them out a bit before the NBA Finals, whoever represents the East in the Finals will have an even better chance.

It's close... c'mon Zombie Sonics. [-o<
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:48 pm
good to see KD shut down Blowbe
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:56 am
it's wonderfull night for all basketball fans. all the right teams won.
phoenix after an eggg in the first game is killing them blazers. i gues i have to forgive them their past wrongs.
chicago, my beloved team of last two nba playoff seasons, sticking to them celtics last year, and this to them boring dumb playing cavaliers (who had achance and cut the lead only when thy went small with lebron in the center, i guess, mike brown have to think about it more, since bulls are not abig team) - those guys have a warrior in them.
and thunder kicking them lakers.
best playooffs night so far.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:06 pm
martin wrote:it's wonderfull night for all basketball fans. all the right teams won.
phoenix after an eggg in the first game is killing them blazers. i gues i have to forgive them their past wrongs.
chicago, my beloved team of last two nba playoff seasons, sticking to them celtics last year, and this to them boring dumb playing cavaliers (who had achance and cut the lead only when thy went small with lebron in the center, i guess, mike brown have to think about it more, since bulls are not abig team) - those guys have a warrior in them.

Well, I guess it depends on your perspective. I know I am in the minority on this board but I want to see Lakers/Cavs finals. To me, it is the most compelling.

I want to see two players with great will go head to head for a championship. Been a long time since we have seen that in the league and I would find it interesting to watch.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 pm
bada wrote:
martin wrote:it's wonderfull night for all basketball fans. all the right teams won.

Well, I guess it depends on your perspective. I know I am in the minority on this board but I want to see Lakers/Cavs finals. To me, it is the most compelling.

I want to see two players with great will go head to head for a championship. Been a long time since we have seen that in the league and I would find it interesting to watch.

that would be an exciting match up...
I'm such a Laker hater.. I just want the Thunder to at the very least, take them to 7 games... wear them out. to me that would be a series highlight.
doesn't look like it's going to go that way though.

Lebron is amazing. A few times last night though they had Warrioritis... everyone standing on the perimeter waiting for Lebron to tuck his shoulder down and barrel his way to the net(my old move)... it's going to be their Achilles heel if they are not careful. As long as they keep moving the ball they will run over teams.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:32 pm
Money Morrow wrote:
bada wrote:

I'm such a Laker hater.. I just want the Thunder to at the very least, take them to 7 games... wear them out. to me that would be a series highlight.

Lebron is amazing. A few times last night though they had Warrioritis... everyone standing on the perimeter waiting for Lebron to tuck his shoulder down and barrel his way to the net(my old move)... it's going to be their Achilles heel if they are not careful. As long as they keep moving the ball they will run over teams.

I felt the same way about the Celtics in the 80's however once the Laker/Celtics series started, I was glad it was those two teams.

Felt much the same about the Bulls too. SO badly wanted them to lose, but to see Jordan in the finals was something to watch.

We only have a couple more years of an elite Kobe, I think it would be a shame to not see him and LeBron go toe to toe for a championship.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:38 pm
bada wrote:
Money Morrow wrote:
bada wrote:

I felt the same way about the Celtics in the 80's however once the Laker/Celtics series started, I was glad it was those two teams.

Felt much the same about the Bulls too. SO badly wanted them to lose, but to see Jordan in the finals was something to watch.

We only have a couple more years of an elite Kobe, I think it would be a shame to not see him and LeBron go toe to toe for a championship.

I know what you mean, if that's the way it ends up, it will be an incredible match up...

In the meantime, if any teams are capable of humiliating the Lakers... please do!
:mrgreen: :evil:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:22 am
Money Morrow wrote:
bada wrote:

It would be fitting to have Lakers v Cavs, but I want them both to lose in their series right now.

Celts look like sweeping, Bulls and Thunder showing life and fight, interesting to see if Bobcats and Bucks do also. Spurs and Jazz reversing things as they were expected, especially Jazz without AK and Okur, real great showing by them

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum