*OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFFS AND PREDICTIONS THREAD*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:57 am
bada wrote:
Chum wrote:The Celtics are going to CRUSH the evil Lakers!!! I can't wait to see Kobe and Phil pissing and moaning about the unfair officiating.

I'm biased, was raised to be a Celtics fan and to hate the Lakers. When I started following the Warriors... my hatred for the Lakers seemed even more justified :)

Anyway, it should be a good series.

Should we put a little friendly good natured wager on it Chum?

What do you have in mind?
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:20 pm
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:
Chum wrote:The Celtics are going to CRUSH the evil Lakers!!! I can't wait to see Kobe and Phil pissing and moaning about the unfair officiating.

I'm biased, was raised to be a Celtics fan and to hate the Lakers. When I started following the Warriors... my hatred for the Lakers seemed even more justified :)

Anyway, it should be a good series.

Should we put a little friendly good natured wager on it Chum?

What do you have in mind?

No idea. I am SO not a creative person. Something fun just to add a bit of intrigue into this series.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:23 pm
I pledged to take a break from sports gambling this year (other than Fantasy football and a couple NFL future bets on the upcoming season).

Closed the online sports book account and deleted the bookies number out of my phone. so I need SOME action on the series. LOL
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:01 pm
bada wrote:I pledged to take a break from sports gambling this year (other than Fantasy football and a couple NFL future bets on the upcoming season).

Closed the online sports book account and deleted the bookies number out of my phone. so I need SOME action on the series. LOL

Hmm, how about I get to choose one of the following for your avatar if the Lakers lose...

Something like that? I'd probably try to find something a little more humiliating.

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:15 pm
ok, so an avatar bet? sounds good. Provided it is not obsene...

How long must the other leave it up? Till the draft? Till training camp opens? till opening night?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:23 pm
bada wrote:ok, so an avatar bet? sounds good. Provided it is not obsene...

How long must the other leave it up? Till the draft? Till training camp opens? till opening night?

Well, I was hoping to place an avatar bet with you on the opening NFL game between the Seachickens and the 9ers. So this bet should end before that one would begin... if you are up for it. That would be on Sept. 12th.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:30 pm
bada wrote:I pledged to take a break from sports gambling this year (other than Fantasy football and a couple NFL future bets on the upcoming season).

Ha. Sports bets are the easiest way to win money for doing NOTHING. Just bet for the Lakers (just an example, but would work for any other top team, unless they have injuries) in all the easy games they have during the regular season, stop betting during the playoffs.

You've got yourself a nice extra pay out of nowhere.

True, it's not really exciting... but I prefer to avoid excitement when there's money involved.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:23 pm
Chum wrote:

Well, I was hoping to place an avatar bet with you on the opening NFL game between the Seachickens and the 9ers. So this bet should end before that one would begin... if you are up for it. That would be on Sept. 12th.

Sure, we can do that. BTW, I will be at that game. Just booked my flight and hotel!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:46 pm
bada wrote:
Chum wrote:

Sure, we can do that. BTW, I will be at that game. Just booked my flight and hotel!!!

Nice! I'll be home toasting the Niners victory :wink:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:25 am
TMC wrote:

Ha. Sports bets are the easiest way to win money for doing NOTHING. Just bet for the Lakers (just an example, but would work for any other top team, unless they have injuries) in all the easy games they have during the regular season, stop betting during the playoffs.

You've got yourself a nice extra pay out of nowhere.

True, it's not really exciting... but I prefer to avoid excitement when there's money involved.

I concur :wink: When there's money, I want it safe and with the highest return possible, usually not that high, but when safe, you almost always get a good return

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:31 am
Ok Chum. so we have a bet then. Loser must "wear" the avatar of the winners choice from now until the end of July (that is about 2 months). The avatar must not be obcene in nature and should relate somehow to the bet.

Deal?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:57 am
bada wrote:Ok Chum. so we have a bet then. Loser must "wear" the avatar of the winners choice from now until the end of July (that is about 2 months). The avatar must not be obcene in nature and should relate somehow to the bet.

Deal?

Deal.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:53 pm
I know this is a board with a lot of people that dislike the Lakers, but I think this series at best goes 4-2 with the Lakers winning the championship. As much as I would hate for it to happen, but I just feel Kobe won't beeyatch up like he did last time.

I know Kobe and Phil had everybody thinking the big men got dominated, but to me that wasn't the case. The Lakers bigs might not have dominated Boston like they did everybody else, but they didn't get dominated. It was Boston guards that dominated that series. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen were beasting, with veterans like Sam Cassell, Eddie House, and James Posey coming in filling it up.

The reason I say Kobe beeyatched up last time is because Joe Johnson took Boston to 7 games, Lebron took Boston to 7 games and was a couple of possessions from winning, and Chauncey, Rip & Stuckey took them to 6. So you would at least think the person they are calling the best player in the league would give them some competition and there was none.

The reason I saw the Lakers win the year, I still expect the big men to be a wash, and with the addition of Ron Artest I don't expect the Boston guards to dominate like they did last year.

I'm saying 4-2 just because they want to win in LA. Like Boston wanted to win in Boston in 2008.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:22 pm
Celtics down by 9 at the half after some sloppy play. I'll take it. Another thing the Celtics don't get enough credit for is their adjustments.

Still waiting for Pearce or Allen to heat up. One of them should.

btw **** Kobe. Gasol is the man on the Lakers.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:13 pm
yup, srry, I'm more a Lakers fan then Celtics. WHOOOO KOBE! Bada is gonna win his bet :D :)
~LilBallerx~

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum