*OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFFS AND PREDICTIONS THREAD*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:07 pm
metalface wrote:I'm seriously not excited for the finals this year. Alll that hoopla about "the greatest rivalry in sports" is so old to me. Magic Johnson was all riled up on ESPN when the Lakers advanced to the finals talking about "ohhh... this is going to be another great addition to a storied rivalry... Yet another opportunity for these great franchises to go head to head and compete... yadda yadda..." Its seriously annoying now. I cant wait for Kobe to get old, for the big three to get old and for other franchises to finally be able to begin creating new dynasties.

Well, even after Kobe, I'd imagine Buss and Kuptchak dialing up another move that leads to another leading to another eventually creating another contender in the post-Kobe era.

The Celtics... well, I consider themselves lucky to even be in this position when they landed KG. Once they landed him, Allen fell into their lap and did the rest of the dominoes. From all the other offers I saw from other teams for KG, Boston most definitely would have not been my top option.

These days in the NBA, it really seems to be WHO you know, rather than WHAT you know and how much you're willing to spend.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:30 am
Anytime something allows the 80's NBA Lakers/Celtics rivalry, I am ALL for it.

It was the golden era of NBA basketball. All the money these players AND the league makes is a direct result of that rivalry and more specific Magic and Bird.

While Jordan furthered it, the foundation was laid by Magic and Bird. Before these two, the FINALS was broadcast on tape delay. Ratings for the league were terrible. There were no nationaly broadcast regular season games, only regional coverage.

I for one cant wait to relive the rivalry.

GO LAKERS!

-- flame on ---
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:03 am
bada wrote:Anytime something allows the 80's NBA Lakers/Celtics rivalry, I am ALL for it.

It was the golden era of NBA basketball. All the money these players AND the league makes is a direct result of that rivalry and more specific Magic and Bird.

While Jordan furthered it, the foundation was laid by Magic and Bird. Before these two, the FINALS was broadcast on tape delay. Ratings for the league were terrible. There were no nationaly broadcast regular season games, only regional coverage.

GO LAKERS!

-- flame on ---

Wow bada... I dont even know what to say.... Im speechless. Im going to need to take some time and reevaluate my life based on the bolded part aboce. :?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:08 am
metalface wrote:
bada wrote:Anytime something allows the 80's NBA Lakers/Celtics rivalry, I am ALL for it.

GO LAKERS!

-- flame on ---

Wow bada... I dont even know what to say.... Im speechless. Im going to need to take some time and reevaluate my life based on the bolded part aboce. :?

I hear ya my friend. I expect to be flamed for that.

Despite being born and raised in So Cal AND as a Laker fan, I no longer have ANY allegience to the purple and gold. However growing up with that Rivalry as a Laker fan, I have an immense hatred for the Celtics. I could NEVER root for them... so I am back to.... GO LAKERS! :wink:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:34 am
bada wrote:
metalface wrote:

GO LAKERS!

-- flame on ---

I hear ya my friend. I expect to be flamed for that.

Despite being born and raised in So Cal AND as a Laker fan, I no longer have ANY allegience to the purple and gold. However growing up with that Rivalry as a Laker fan, I have an immense hatred for the Celtics. I could NEVER root for them... so I am back to.... GO LAKERS! :wink:

understandable. I dont really have any horse in this race and since I have only been subjected to annoying Kobe fans my whole life, I tend to root for anyone not wearing purple and gold. Also, the fact that the ludicrous debate of "is Kobe better than Jordan" is beginning to pick up steam again is really bothering me and I need Kobe to never win anything ever again. In his whole life.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:19 am
I just found a recent picture of bada:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:47 am
metalface wrote:I just found a recent picture of bada:

HA HA HA!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:48 am
but make no mistake, I dont ROOT for the Lakers. If it was the Cavs, I would be rooting for them... the Magic, I would root for them despite my utter hatred for Matt Barnes.

But against the Celts, the buried purple and gold comes back.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:17 pm
I've always hated the Celtics... and hate, hate, hated the Fakers.

the only reasons I might like to see the Celtics lose more is the fact that at least the Fakers at some point had Magic, Kareem, and James Worthy. Players I would like no matter who they played for....
ok and maybe throw in the Bis just for laughs...

I still do it, but I found I don't like watching playoffs series hoping for someone to lose rather than rooting for a team to win. It seems too negative. I want both teams to lose! lol

One thing's for sure, things are going to get shook up in Celtic and Laker land after this year. Jackson might coach somewhere else, and I have a feeling Sasha, maybe Bynum, and a couple of others might get shipped. Celtics are getting old, not sure of their contract situation, but they can't keep that team together as such much longer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:19 pm
The Celtics are going to CRUSH the evil Lakers!!! I can't wait to see Kobe and Phil pissing and moaning about the unfair officiating.

I'm biased, was raised to be a Celtics fan and to hate the Lakers. When I started following the Warriors... my hatred for the Lakers seemed even more justified :)

Anyway, it should be a good series.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:06 pm
Dude I srsly dont know who to vote for.

We'll see in Game 1. I think its lakers
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:25 pm
I hope they both lose
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:33 pm
Quazza wrote:I hope they both lose

:)
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 am
I pick Celts in 6

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:59 am
Chum wrote:The Celtics are going to CRUSH the evil Lakers!!! I can't wait to see Kobe and Phil pissing and moaning about the unfair officiating.

I'm biased, was raised to be a Celtics fan and to hate the Lakers. When I started following the Warriors... my hatred for the Lakers seemed even more justified :)

Anyway, it should be a good series.

Should we put a little friendly good natured wager on it Chum?

Return to NBA Forum