The College Game

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:32 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:Duke vs Butler in finals

Duke has this in the bag, I'm praying they won't pull off a Warriors and lose it down the stretch

LOL, man oh man now thats a funny comment or maybe not, we shall see.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 pm
Really was an entertaining game. If Hayward made that half court shot, it would of been craaaaaaaaaaazy. And we finally bid adieu to one of the best tournaments in years. Cheers.

Btw, you'll never see that many white guys on the same floor at the same time in an NBA. I'm not trying to be racist. It's just you don't see that in the NBA at all these days... the majority of the guys playing are white. So it's a change. The college game and NBA are just two entirely different things despite being the same sport.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:59 pm
Baylor is pretty even with african-american players and "white" players. Duke has more caucasions than african-americans. Now Kentucky is predominately african-american.

Point is, i think its a bit naive to say there are more whites or blacks. Its pretty even, and diverse. Plenty of international players represent in college.

You are right, college is an absolutely different game than the NBA... college is TEAM oriented, NBA is STAR-PLAYER oriented (not to mentioned rigged)... obviously im bias, but i think the college game is better.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:09 pm
Well, I didn't mean there are more whites than blacks in college basketball. I'm just saying there were more white guys on the floor tonight than you'd ever see in the NBA.

Totally right though. NBA is star studded, NCAA is team oriented.

Off to the side... I'm really curious to see what Seth Curry does next year on Duke... yes, Stephen Curry's little brother. He'll be a redshirt Sophomore.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:22 pm
They had some article about the amount of White players starting for both schools in a Finals, most since like 1996, Utah vs forget the other team. Don't know what to make of it but all I know the players on both teams are very well coached, showed alot of poise, just excellent team basketball.

Glad yahoo showed the game since I was at work, totally glued to the game, the lead changes, the smoothness of the game, well coached, excellent basketball.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:30 pm
That game really represented what the tournament was like this whole past month. It was only fitting it was going to be close.

Brad Stevens and Mike Krzyzewski coached their teams real well tonight, no doubt. Both teams played to win.

You guys think Krzyzewski will ever leave Duke? There were rumors that the Nets were targeting him to take over head coaching duties. Mainly the new owner was targeting him. He turned down 8 mil a year to coach the '04 Lakers. Rumors are that he could be offered around 12-15 mil a year. That's 5 times the salary he currently makes at Duke. But hey... if he turned down 8 mil, he could also turn down 12 mil.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum