The College Game

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:19 pm
first of all, I had no idea where to put this thread lol. My bad if this isn't ok

I've been really enjoying watching College ball this year but it's just dawned on me, I don't really have a team per such. Wondering who people follow, and why
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:34 pm
Well, I follow Stanford (hometown), San Diego State (I went there) and Sacramento State (I went there, too).... Stanford is historically a pretty decent program, but a lot of that success was with Coach Montgomery, who is the coach of CAL (Stanfords rival)...

San Diego State is a fun team to watch... they remind of the Warriors, but with more success. They haven't gone to the Big Tourney, but they have had winning seasons for the last few years. PLus, they are young (plus being led by a freshman), and will be even better next year.

As for National Teams I root for, I would say I am rooting for Purdue this year, as I rooted for them last year before the hype sunk in that that team was good and young, and was gonna be even better. Guess what, they are all back and that team is great. Also Syracuse, because they got a great coach in Jim Boeheim.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:55 pm
'Cuse, cause I was a big fan growing up in western NY, listening to the Rony, Sherm, DC, Billy O teams on the radio. Billy was the first thing that made me aware that there really was a team called Golden State (no cable/little interest in nba at that time). ...NBA Live 95 was my first intro to their awesomeness.
But since I've become a Dubs/NBA fan, I haven't followed the college game that much, though the folks back home keep me updated on how the Orangemen (er, uh, Orange) are doing.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:48 pm
LOVE college hoops. The rivalry's and atmosphere's in the various gyms are fun to watch.

And there is no better post season ending than the NCAA Tourney!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:01 pm
bada wrote:LOVE college hoops. The rivalry's and atmosphere's in the various gyms are fun to watch.

And there is no better post season ending than the NCAA Tourney!!!

yer the crowds are amazing. So vocal!

might check out the top 20 ranked teams and find some colours i dig:P
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:12 pm
AV Dawn wrote:'Cuse, cause I was a big fan growing up in western NY, listening to the Rony, Sherm, DC, Billy O teams on the radio. Billy was the first thing that made me aware that there really was a team called Golden State (no cable/little interest in nba at that time). ...NBA Live 95 was my first intro to their awesomeness.
But since I've become a Dubs/NBA fan, I haven't followed the college game that much, though the folks back home keep me updated on how the Orangemen (er, uh, Orange) are doing.

Derrick Coleman was there when Owens was there. That team must have been real good.

I was into college hoops when it was on TV here, from 1990 to 1993. I was in high school, first couple of years. Duke was the big hit for a couple of years in the early 1990s, as was Michigan Wolverines with the Fab Five, Webber, Howard, Rose, King and Jackson. I was actually antimichigan as such, though they were the big hit and most popular of the great teams back then, mostly because they were quite arrogant.

I enjoyed college ball, it was not as skilled so I could relate more to it, being only a few years younger than the college guys and being into basketball alot myself

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 pm
In Pac-10, Im all for Stanford and UCLA

In Nation, DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the fact that one of colleges rowdiest places in made up of all 4.2 GPA ppl
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:15 am
I think this belongs more to the Sports forum, Quazza. It would only belong here in case the thread were related to the next draft, but not if it's about bball college as a whole.

I'll leave it here for a while, tho, but probably will move it to the sports forum eventually.

Oh, and back to topic, I don't really follow college bball per se. I do follow certain players for the upcoming draft, but that's about it.

I must say that I'd love to follow it more closely, but I don't have time for everything.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:59 am
Quazza wrote:f Wondering who people follow, and why

I'm a Michigan State Spartans fan!!!

Basically i got heavily into collegeball at the turn of the century and Jason Richardson went there and played with some local NBL Imports (Dave Thomas of the Melbourne Tigers)

I then found out about there greatest player ever and that was Magic Johnson (Arguably the best allround player ever in College Hoops)

But what sealed the deal for me after the Awesome jersey color n Logo was the Head Coaches last name : TOM IZZO <- Sounds like a HIPHOP DUDE

So whenever the Spartans are playing Football or Hoops i always root for them!

Out West, St Marys is my team in the Bay Area, only cause it's Patty Mills home!
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:07 am
PAWNO wrote:

But what sealed the deal for me after the Awesome jersey color n Logo was the Head Coaches last name : TOM IZZO <- Sounds like a HIPHOP DUDE

lmao

as good a reason you'll find

and similar to the reason after extensive research (about half hour) I decided on Syracuse. Why? Cos they are (the) Orange and I had bright orange hair as kid

Pure science
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:23 am
Quazza wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

lmao

as good a reason you'll find

and similar to the reason after extensive research (about half hour) I decided on Syracuse. Why? Cos they are (the) Orange and I had bright orange hair as kid

Pure science

Allumini is a very important factor bro in choosing a College to root for...

Just a darn shame you didn't take into account a programs football or lacrose program

If you like Bright Orange, can i suggest perhaps powerhouse of all things NCAA

THE MIGHTY FLORIDA GATORS!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:12 am
Oregon Ducks <------ My Alma Mater
UCONN Huskies <---- Pops Alma Mater

It's kinda like a mirror image of my NBA teams.

Ducks & Warriors <----- Both suck year after year
UCONN & Celtics <------ Both kick ass year after year

But no worries about the old green and gold, because the Ducks are going to dominate in football this year! We just need to find another RB :shock:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:18 am
Chum wrote:Oregon Ducks <------ My Alma Mater
UCONN Huskies <---- Pops Alma Mater

It's kinda like a mirror image of my NBA teams.

Ducks & Warriors <----- Both suck year after year
UCONN & Celtics <------ Both kick ass year after year

But no worries about the old green and gold, because the Ducks are going to dominate in football this year! We just need to find another RB :shock:

Hey bro.. Your QB Id the SHIZNIT!!!

Masoli!!! I think it's good he stayed in college... He'll be this years Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy in the rookie talk!!!
LOCK IN FOR THE 1ST ROUND OF NEXT YEARS NFL DRAFT!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:01 am
I watch right around tournament time a bit, though admittedly not as much as I would like. For me the NBA game is the priority, so rather then root or certain teams I usually follow players and try to draw conclusions as to how they will project at the next level. Though honestly I am not very good at that because I wanted Jordan Hill and Earl Clark over Steph Curry. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:31 am
Obviously lots of Pac-10 fans on the board. Including me as I am a Wash Husky fan.

But man, this is the worst I have ever seen the Pac-10. I am not sure they deserve more than the one championship team in the tourney. They will probably get two, but not sure that is deserved.
Next

Return to NBA Forum