NBA Prospects

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:03 pm
Thought I would create a dedicated thread to talk about the NBA prospects. I know I have littered about 5 threads talking about guys.

Anyway, I have been touting Wesley Johnson as a great fit for the Warriors if we dont get the #1 pick (also provided we are able to land a "big" in the trade market).

However I am questioning that notion a bit after watching the Syracuse/Louisville game, we was brutal. I understand his hand ins injured so really did not care about his fg% but I was concerned about his awareness of the game and in many cases, his desire.

He looked lost a lot, and many times got beat on the glass by not looking for a body in his zone to block out.

This is only the 4th ENTIRE game I have watched of him... 3 were outstanding, this one not, so not going to completely overeact, but just tells me I need to watch more of this guy to see if he truly would warrent a top 5 pick. Certainly did not look so on Saturday.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:46 pm
John Wall. I looked up this guy on youtube because i've never seen him before but have heard the hype of him being the consenus #1 in twenty-ten. I'm curious what the W's would do if the won the lottery. Trade the pick? Take Wall and trade Curry?(better not!) Or Monta?(my pref). Put Wall and Curry in the backcourt and you'll be set for 10 years!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:36 pm
warchief wrote:John Wall. I looked up this guy on youtube because i've never seen him before but have heard the hype of him being the consenus #1 in twenty-ten. I'm curious what the W's would do if the won the lottery. Trade the pick? Take Wall and trade Curry?(better not!) Or Monta?(my pref). Put Wall and Curry in the backcourt and you'll be set for 10 years!

in honor of your sig pic, if we drafted Wall and kept Curry or Monta, our back-court would be small and smaller!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 am
Syracuse/Georgetown this evening on ESPN2. I will be at work and miss it! DAMN THIS WORK THING!

But a chance to evaluate Wesley Johnson and GT's Greg Monroe. Hopefully someone can watch the game and report back here.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:16 am
bada wrote:Syracuse/Georgetown this evening on ESPN2. I will be at work and miss it! DAMN THIS WORK THING!

But a chance to evaluate Wesley Johnson and GT's Greg Monroe. Hopefully someone can watch the game and report back here.

Too late for me. I'd love to watch it and offer my point of view, but I'll only be able to do so on weekend games...

DAMN MY OWN WORK THING!!! :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:46 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:Syracuse/Georgetown this evening on ESPN2. I will be at work and miss it! DAMN THIS WORK THING!

Too late for me. I'd love to watch it and offer my point of view, but I'll only be able to do so on weekend games...

DAMN MY OWN WORK THING!!! :wink:

Well, seeing as Im still a man of leisure........... I just checked our ESPN schedule here and we have that game on at midnight tonight..........so thinking I might check it out considering those 2 kids are real possibilities for us.

Also, man, the ESPN Classic we have here has classic NBA game EVERY NIGHT! (Is that the same in the US, dont remember that every night)............I just wish I was in my own home so I could record them............god its really grating on me living with Jen's parents. :evil: :banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:34 am
bigs, did you catch the game? I am bummed I missed it. Should have remembered to set my DVR for it.

Just from the box score once again Johnson seemed to struggle with his shot but appeared to have a great floor game with 8 rebounds, 5 blocks, 3 assists and 2 steals.

Monroe with 20pts, 9 rebounds but 5 TO's.

Hopefully someone saw the game and can give some thoughts beyond the box score.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:07 am
bada wrote:bigs, did you catch the game? I am bummed I missed it. Should have remembered to set my DVR for it.

Just from the box score once again Johnson seemed to struggle with his shot but appeared to have a great floor game with 8 rebounds, 5 blocks, 3 assists and 2 steals.

Unfortunately not man............I told Jen I wanted to watch it at mid-night, and hence I would not be coming to bed with her...........however, she convinced me otherwise! :wink:

That saucy minx! :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:18 am
bigstrads wrote:
bada wrote:bigs, did you catch the game? I am bummed I missed it. Should have remembered to set my DVR for it.

Unfortunately not man............I told Jen I wanted to watch it at mid-night, and hence I would not be coming to bed with her...........however, she convinced me otherwise! :wink:

you made the correct decision. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:51 pm
bada wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

you made the correct decision. :mrgreen:

Return to NBA Forum