Boston shopping Davis to Bobcats

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:30 pm
Basically, it's Glen Davis for DJ Augustine.

Updated: February 9, 2010, 10:41 PM ET
Sources: D.J. Augustin part of talks
Comment Email Print Share
By Chris Brousard
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

The Boston Celtics and Charlotte Bobcats are discussing a trade centered around Glen Davis and D.J. Augustin, according to league sources.

The sources cautioned that nothing is imminent, but said the clubs are having discussions.

The Bobcats have been searching for a power forward, and the 6-foot-9 Davis could be their man. The Celtics, meanwhile, have been longing for a backup point guard, and Augustin, who's fallen out of favor with Charlotte coach Larry Brown, would be more than adequate.

A straight-up trade would not work because Davis is a base-year compensation player, so other players would have to be involved to meet the financial requirements. That could be a sticking point in the deal.

While teams don't typically trade big for small, Boston is a bit aggravated with Davis, who's had a few off-the-court problems this season. Most notably, he missed the first 27 games of the season after breaking his thumb in an early morning scuffle with a friend.

The Celtics have been rumored to be exploring deals for Ray Allen, and while league sources insist the word "shopping'' is too strong, they say the shooting guard is definitely available. Few believe he'll be traded before the Feb. 18 deadline, though, because the Celtics aren't likely to get a better player in return.

Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:40 pm
Im actually pretty surprised by this. I thought they liked Davis especially since Garnett hasnt been himself all season. Who else do they have to play his minutes if they trade him though? Rasheed Wallace's bloated corpse?

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:43 pm
Stupid trade for the Celtics, just dumb, Rondo and house are already there, correct me if am wrong, they could use Big Baby or whatever he changed his nickname to.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:47 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Stupid trade for the Celtics, just dumb, Rondo and house are already there, correct me if am wrong, they could use Big Baby or whatever he changed his nickname to.

I dont think they see House as a good point guard. He is more of a really undersized 2 guard ala Jason Terry. But I agree with you they have no other serviceable 4 besides KG. Sheed I think splits time between PF and C so I feel that leaves a bigger hole than if they had Augustin.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:54 pm
metalface wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Stupid trade for the Celtics, just dumb, Rondo and house are already there, correct me if am wrong, they could use Big Baby or whatever he changed his nickname to.

I dont think they see House as a good point guard. He is more of a really undersized 2 guard ala Jason Terry. But I agree with you they have no other serviceable 4 besides KG. Sheed I think splits time between PF and C so I feel that leaves a bigger hole than if they had Augustin.

Yes that's the key point filling the bigger hole, Celtics are getting old, and are too oft injured, would be a mistake. Rondo plays majority of the minutes at the PG, so House is serviceable enough for short spurts.

AJ Augustin looks to be a bust, 9th pick, bobcats sure know how to draft.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:58 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
metalface wrote:

Yes that's the key point filling the bigger hole, Celtics are getting old, and are too oft injured, would be a mistake. Rondo plays majority of the minutes at the PG, so House is serviceable enough for short spurts.

His airness ladies and gents. Proving that the greater that you are as a player, the worse you are as a GM or FO person.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:00 am
metalface wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
metalface wrote:

His airness ladies and gents. Proving that the greater that you are as a player, the worse you are as a GM or FO person.

To add, all I have to say is Kwame Brown, damn MJ, stupid move, he must be hanging around Barkley or some, dumb and dumber, NBA addition.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:01 am
warriorsstepup wrote:
metalface wrote:

Yea Boston should keep GDavis as they'll need a PF in the near future

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum