stern vs arenas

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:36 pm
lets see

Stern has got away with rigging games since the 90's. He single handedly altered the outcome of nba history by instructing refs to fix games. Stern has made the nba a laughing stock. Allowed high schoolers to bombard the nba weakening the talent. During sterns time the nba became the lowest scoring in its leagues history. Stern has ruined players careers by banishing them for drug use instead of letting them go to rehab. In short Stern the almighty dictator gets away with anything and never answers to anyone.

Arenas brings a licensed unloaded gun to the arena. The other allegations are not proven so no need to get into to it.

who is the real criminal thug?

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:04 pm
I agree with your anger to Stern. he is a scumbag who since 1984 has rigged the draft, playoffs, and promoted favoritism with players (LeBron gets his special day on NBATV during his birthday is ridiculous).

With that said, stern needs to be strong against Arenas. I don't care what he says, but he needs to know the rules of his job and the city he plays in. His mockery of gun control only furthered his ridiculousness and contradictory to his statements (his lawyer's statements most likely). So i have nothing wrong with stern going hard on arenas.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:12 pm
bolswat wrote:who is the real criminal thug?

Arenas

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:26 am
bada wrote:

Arenas

Really what did arenas did that makes him a criminal?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:24 am
bolswat wrote:
bada wrote:

Arenas

Well, if you committ a crime, technically you are a criminal right? He already has weapon charges and vehicle charges from 2004.

In this incident he clearly violated D.C. gun laws which prohibit you from carrying a gun (registered or not or openly or concealed). If his is proven to have drawn his gun (unloaded or not) on someone, that I believe a 5 year min sentence in D.C.

He also violated NBA rules which are clearly stated in every players contracts that forbid any players to have a gun at NBA related event or facilities.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:58 am
bada wrote:
bolswat wrote:
bada wrote:

Arenas

Well, if you committ a crime, technically you are a criminal right? He already has weapon charges and vehicle charges from 2004.

In this incident he clearly violated D.C. gun laws which prohibit you from carrying a gun (registered or not or openly or concealed). If his is proven to have drawn his gun (unloaded or not) on someone, that I believe a 5 year min sentence in D.C.

He also violated NBA rules which are clearly stated in every players contracts that forbid any players to have a gun at NBA related event or facilities.

Exactly.

This is not an issue of "who done what first" or whatever..........its a simple case of Arenas breaking 2 laws, the having a gun there in the first place and then having an un-registered gun aswell.

Stern is what he is, Im sure hes done all manner of horrid/un-lawful things throughout his tenure..........but until hes found with a smoking gun (no pun intended) and/or someone is willing to implicate and testify against him, then there is nothing we can go on and nothing that can be done.

So no need to cloud the issue, why try and complicate it and argue?............the kid broke the law, why would he not be punished the same as if you or I did it? is he special? should he be made a special case of because hes an athlete?

No, he shouldnt...........and his pompous ass should DEFINATELY not being taking the piss out of the situation and trying to make a joke out of it infront of a stadium full of people and all those who are watching.

That alone is worth a serious punishment.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:07 pm
I just read this little gem about Arena's conduct:

There is a sentiment among people close to the Wizards organization that the team's upper management, team President Ernie Grunfeld in particular, covered for Gilbert Arenas and coddled him for too long. Former Wizards coach Eddie Jordan and his staff privately intimated they felt undermined by Grunfeld when it came to matters of discipline with Arenas. Arenas, a notorious practical joker, often crossed the line of acceptable decorum. The example often cited was how Arenas once defecated in teammate Andray Blatche's shoe during Blatche's rookie season. An employee said Arenas would get fined for breaking team rules -- such as being late for practices or team flights -- and Arenas would sometimes have his money returned.

I used to like Arenas and I used to take his humor as just playful but the more that comes out about him the less likable he becomes. If he does get his contract voided, he needs to go down as the dumbest Athlete of 2009 and saving Tigers ass.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:46 pm
well there are practical jokes.. and then there is taking a **** in someone's shoe... wtf??!! is he 14? :roll:

and bringing an unregistered gun to the stadium just spells trouble...

Reality TV show in his future:

Latrell, Gil, and White Chocolate: From NBA thugs to financial scrubs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:01 pm
Washington D.C. has the highest firearm death rate per capita, by far, of any state/district in the nation. They also have the strictest gun control laws.

Of course that has nothing to do with Arenas being an idiot. Just thought it was interesting.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:31 pm
That's because gun control doesn't work
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:47 pm
Oh snap Gilbert was just charged with felony gun possession. This could possibly the best thing for the Wizards since MJ left their front office.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=topnews
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 pm
bolswat wrote:
bada wrote:

Arenas

well I think felony gun possession answers this question.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:01 pm
I can't even believe that's being asked.

Arenas is the criminal. Stern just sucks as commissioner. Big difference between the two.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:46 pm
bada wrote:
bolswat wrote:
bada wrote:

Arenas

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Probably the easiest set-up in board history.

See ya later Gilbert! Although Im sure he will cop some plea bargain with community service and/or charitable dontation and get out of jail time..........or atleast the standard jail time for this CRIMINAL OFFENSE.

Jeez, its nice to have money and to be able to buy your way out of your CRIMINAL OFFENSE..........shame the other "normal" people that commit this exact crime have to serve the 5 years huh?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:12 am
bigstrads wrote:
bada wrote:
bolswat wrote:
bada wrote:

Arenas

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Probably the easiest set-up in board history.

See ya later Gilbert! Although Im sure he will cop some plea bargain with community service and/or charitable dontation and get out of jail time..........or atleast the standard jail time for this CRIMINAL OFFENSE.

Jeez, its nice to have money and to be able to buy your way out of your CRIMINAL OFFENSE..........shame the other "normal" people that commit this exact crime have to serve the 5 years huh?

It's not about money. Well, it is... but it doesn't matter as much as having a clean record before that (I know he had something as well when he was in the Bay Area, but I think it was a misdemeanor, and those don't stay in a criminal record... not here, at least).

All I'm trying to say is that he'll probaby (I don't know how it works on D.C., so I'm not gonna assure anything) avoid doing time (will be fined and sentenced to do some community service instead) but he's gonna stay suspended without pay for a while. Certainly what's left of this season, and it wouldn't suprise me if it's more (actually, I think his contract should be voided, but I don't think it will happen. I mean, if Sprewell's contract couldn't be voided for trying to choke PJ, there's no chance it happens to Arenas).

Return to NBA Forum