Arenas suspended indefinitely

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:42 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:
TMC wrote:btw, what happened to Crittenton?

who?

The other f*cker that decided that brandishing his own loaded weapon against Arenas was a good idea. Haven't heard anything about him since the story made the news.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:46 am
TMC wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:

who?

The other f*cker that decided that brandishing his own loaded weapon against Arenas was a good idea. Haven't heard anything about him since the story made the news.

I heard this morning that Javaris actually loaded one of his guns and chambered a round after Gilbert had placed some of his guns near his locker with a note that said to pick one to settle their dispute.

This is so unbelievable that it could have gone so far.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:31 am
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:His cavalier attitude about this whole thing says alot. He clearly does not understand the severity of what he did. Bringing guns to your place of employment is a serious thing. I would not think it is unfair to ban him from the league but at a minimum, he shoudl be gone the rest of the season.

Yep. And that should be the least of his concern. If he's prosecuted (and found guilty of a felony) his contract will be voided... but only in that case. If not, the Wiz will have to deal with him once his suspension is over.

btw, what happened to Crittenton?. Because it's not like he's the victim here. He also played a role in this mess.

you know the Wiz are praying that they have grounds to void that deal. Gil is a dumbshit, plain and simple. tremendously talented, but has the mindset of a child.

If I were them, I'd jump at that opportunity.They way overpaid for him. He'd never lead them anywhere.

And to think Mullin almost signed him and offered more money than Philly did for Brand to overcompensate for losing Baron. Think of how screwed we'd be salary wise if we made either of those moves!
War Years
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:44 am
TMC wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:

who?

yeah, i know who he is. Just being sarcastic that he is a scrub. :bday:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:23 am
Suspended for the rest of the season at least and his contract voided, meaning the Wiz could resign him or anybody else. The nba should make it mandatory that his new contract involve an attitude clause of some sort, where Arenas can't do certain things

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Every good manicure begins with clean nails www.nailcare-tips.com. You can’t beat a nylon nailbrush for doing it. Scrub underneath the nails with soapy water before removing any old nail polish. At any time you would like to have truly white nails a smart tip is to soak them in lemon juice, then dry thouroughly and buff.

Allow me to start out by saying, “p90x schedule is the real deal.

P90X Workout Schedule offers three separate workout routines: Classic Doubles and Lean, each is designed for people with different physical condition. The difference between these schedules are the combination of different workouts in daily basis to make it effective for getting faster and better with hcg diet and get a good results.
Last edited by Stephenie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:03 pm
Well, all I can say is..........f*ck Gilbert and his pompus, up his own ass ways.

Dude/kid/child is just pathetic and has been annoying the piss out of me for years now with his attitude.

The 2 big things that make this a situation where something serious needs to happen =

1 - The fact that the gun was not even registered in the state..........and if ANYONE is in possession of a gun that isnt registered in that state, they go to jail for quite some time.

So why is he different? why shouldnt that happen? its the same law and its been broken by a human being all the same..........people moan enough about NBA players, why not make an example.

2 - The fact that the game after all this came out............pre-game, he was playing a little game with his team-mates, caught on TV, where he was laughing and joking whilst pretending to shoot his team-mates with his finger!

I mean come on, who the f*ck do you think you are??? not only do you do that stupid thing by bringing them in there..........but you think its a joke? and you think its just going to wash over cuz you think your a superstar?

Suspension without pay (happened) then contract void, then (pending the police investigation) jail.

Ps: By the way, whilst in Washington here, I heard that all the guns were his and none were Crittentons.

Pps: I saw some footage today of them tearing down the massive banner of him outside the Verizon centre!..........good.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:51 am
lets say the Wiz terminate his contract. Then what? does he serve whatever suspension he cops then become a free agent?
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:37 am
Quazza wrote:lets say the Wiz terminate his contract. Then what? does he serve whatever suspension he cops then become a free agent?

Something like that. Although it's up to see if he finally has to do time or not. If he's not convicted of a felony, the Wiz may not be able to void his contract, but let's just suppose it happens...

In fact, I don't see it any different from the Plaxico Burress case. If he's convicted, he'll do his time, the Wiz will cut him and once he's cleared to come back, he'll be able to sign with anybody... anybody willing to sign him, that is, although I think the NBA doesn't care as much about character as the NFL does.

Nice job destroying your career, Gil.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:01 am
so a Michael Vick type deal then? Interesting
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:04 am
Quazza wrote:so a Michael Vick type deal then? Interesting

Yeah, except the contract situation is a bit tricky, because NBA contracts are guaranteed, which doesn't happen in the NFL, where (usually) only some bonus are guaranteed, so it maybe not be so easy for the Wiz to void it unless he's convicted.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:45 am
But he was my role model, haha, that's why Charles Barkley truthfully said as a basketball player am not a role model, and people got upset.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:24 pm
Arenas and Crittenton were suspended by the league for the rest of the season. I know some may be upset with this, but basically Stern is putting this in the hands of the Washington DC court. So he may not be banned from the league forever, but his freedom is still in jeopardy.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:30 pm
xbay wrote:Arenas and Crittenton were suspended by the league for the rest of the season. I know some may be upset with this, but basically Stern is putting this in the hands of the Washington DC court. So he may not be banned from the league forever, but his freedom is still in jeopardy.

Wow............good.

Now all we need is for him to be convicted, as he should be, and then the Wiz can void his contract.............and he can be the poster child for what happens when you get a little too big for your boots.

Once Crittenton comes back, we should pick him, nice big guard and I dont really see/imagine that he did much wrong in all of this, apart from get swept in Gilbert's self centered/ego-maniacal bull sh*t.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:17 am
bigstrads wrote:Once Crittenton comes back, we should pick him, nice big guard and I dont really see/imagine that he did much wrong in all of this, apart from get swept in Gilbert's self centered/ego-maniacal bull sh*t.

What?. He answered the same way Arenas did, no matter if it was provoked or not. I don't want anything to do with any of them.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum