Tim Duncan off the bench?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:35 am
What the **** does Poppavich think he's doing taking Duncan to the sidelines and using him in the 6th man roll?

I dont care how many bad games Tim Duncan has in a road.. even if he's shot aint falling he contributes otherwise.. i'd keep that guy on the court close to the 48 minutes as possible.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:50 am
They've been keeping Duncan minutes under control for a few seasons already. Pops is just playing him the less possible amount of minutes, so he's fresh and ready for the playoffs.

And I kinda agree with that approach. It sucks for fantasy bball, but DeJuan Blair is more than able to fill in for the regular season, and Duncan will be healthier and rested by the time the real games come.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:50 am
It will be one or two games and then things will get back to the usual

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 pm
Tim can't play 48 minutes. His body wouldn't be able to handle it. Okay, yes he can, but not on a consistent basis. There's a reason why you see Pop rest his starters towards the end of the season. He gives them about twenty some minutes a night once they clinch a playoff berth. These guys are getting up their in age, so he's going limit his boys as often as possible.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:15 pm
if he was here (what a dream) we'd find away to play him 60 a night and grind him into oblivion

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:40 pm
If Duncan was here, Nellie would find a excuse not to play him. He'd rather play Mags in the PF position because of "matchups"

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:13 am
saint dee, Your wrong about that, No matter how much you hate dont nelson he would never do that. I think your utter hate for nelson is eating you alive and affecting your judgment about how you view the game. Get over it already.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:26 am
The Ability p90x workout schedule Extreme also known generally as P90X Workout is just a very demanding exercise known for the strain it puts you through was created for to be achieved in the home.
in New York, the Zang Toi S/S 2014 runway show channeled a night at the ballet. essie nail polish created three custom colors to compliment his ballerina inspired designs that are sure to make your digits dance! To read more on this collaboration, and see a sneak peek at the backstage action
Having just finished week 4 of insanity workout schedule pdf DVD program, I am posting my progress to compare with when I started, and am very happy with the results so far :). Everything looks more defined and I feel so much fitter.
Classic the most basic routine P90X Workout Schedule, the regular type, other two are based on it. Lean is for the people who prefer more cardio and a little less upper body resistance. Doubles is the same as Classic P90X Workout Calendars but after 30 days you add cardio, so its an A.M and P.M workout.
Last edited by Stephenie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 12 times in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:37 am
bolswat wrote:saint dee, Your wrong about that, No matter how much you hate dont nelson he would never do that. I think your utter hate for nelson is eating you alive and affecting your judgment about how you view the game. Get over it already.

I think most people on this forum have the "hate nellie" mentality going on.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:10 pm
I agree with the thoughts that Tim Duncan cant keep playing 48 minutes anymore.

-He is already 33 years old.
-He has played 11 seasons already.
-He has a career average of 39.8 MPG.
-He has never missed the playoffs and has played all the way to the finals multiple times.

The fact of the matter is that all those minutes add up after time and he begins to start slowing down. By the end of this season he will most likely have played 1000 games which is the time when most great players begin to decline significantly.

Return to NBA Forum