Kurt Rambis named T-Wolves head coach

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:55 pm
I guess someone here forgot to bring it up, but it was reported by ESPN a few days ago that he was named the head coach. What do you guys think? Do you guys think the Lakers will miss him once Phil retires?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:31 pm
xbay wrote:I guess someone here forgot to bring it up, but it was reported by ESPN a few days ago that he was named the head coach. What do you guys think? Do you guys think the Lakers will miss him once Phil retires?

here is what i think... that team will suck this year, and the lakers wont miss him... they can always lure a big name coach for a lot of money when Phil calls it quits.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:03 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:I guess someone here forgot to bring it up, but it was reported by ESPN a few days ago that he was named the head coach. What do you guys think? Do you guys think the Lakers will miss him once Phil retires?

here is what i think... that team will suck this year, and the lakers wont miss him... they can always lure a big name coach for a lot of money when Phil calls it quits.

after next year the Lakers will hire Nellie and he will win a title!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:54 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

after next year the Lakers will hire Nellie and he will win a title!!

or Kobe will be playing PF And Gasol and Bynum will be shipped out for Nowitzki and Howard.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Yeah, it's nothing the Lakers should worry about.

As for Minny... Rambis was awful the last time he had to coach, before Phil Jackson took over the Lakers. But that was a loooooong time ago and he may have learn a lot near Jackson. I'm curious to see what happens, although more in terms of development than wins, becuase Minny won't win much in the next couple of years.

Return to NBA Forum