Who is better, Jordan or Kobe/LeBron

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Who is the best bball player of all time?

Kobe and/or LeBron
1
5%
Jordan
18
95%
 
Total votes : 19

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:24 pm
bigstrads wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:Kobe needs to win 9 titles before equaling Jordan.

the 3 he won with Shaq STILL count as titles, yes, but they DON'T count when comparing to Jordan's. nuff said.

You can lock this thread now.


Jordan didnt win 9 titles.................he won 6. :roll:

I know it all happend before you were born but thats still not an excuse.

Please dont try and speak on subjects you obviously know nothing about..............which if you realise, should mean that you never post again here.


He is saying that since he doesnt believe the 3 titles that Kobe won with Shaq should count on his resume, he needs a total of 9 in order to equal the 6 won by Jordan. So, now think Clipper would believe that Kobe is 5 away.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:40 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:Kobe needs to win 9 titles before equaling Jordan.

the 3 he won with Shaq STILL count as titles, yes, but they DON'T count when comparing to Jordan's. nuff said.

You can lock this thread now.


Jordan didnt win 9 titles.................he won 6. :roll:

I know it all happend before you were born but thats still not an excuse.

Please dont try and speak on subjects you obviously know nothing about..............which if you realise, should mean that you never post again here.


He is saying that since he doesnt believe the 3 titles that Kobe won with Shaq should count on his resume, he needs a total of 9 in order to equal the 6 won by Jordan. So, now think Clipper would believe that Kobe is 5 away.


Ok, didnt really get that................because its stupid.

Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq.............is he saying that Shaq was more influential and important to Kobe than Pippen was to MJ? because I dont remember MJ winning any titles without Pippen/Grant and then Pippen/Rodman.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:53 pm
bigstrads wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:Kobe needs to win 9 titles before equaling Jordan.

the 3 he won with Shaq STILL count as titles, yes, but they DON'T count when comparing to Jordan's. nuff said.

You can lock this thread now.


Jordan didnt win 9 titles.................he won 6. :roll:

I know it all happend before you were born but thats still not an excuse.

Please dont try and speak on subjects you obviously know nothing about..............which if you realise, should mean that you never post again here.


He is saying that since he doesnt believe the 3 titles that Kobe won with Shaq should count on his resume, he needs a total of 9 in order to equal the 6 won by Jordan. So, now think Clipper would believe that Kobe is 5 away.


Ok, didnt really get that................because its stupid.

Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq.............is he saying that Shaq was more influential and important to Kobe than Pippen was to MJ? because I dont remember MJ winning any titles without Pippen/Grant and then Pippen/Rodman.


I would say that the main difference was that Kobe was the sidekick to Shaq. Kobe was the Scottie Pippen of the Shaq lead Laker titles, he was not the leading man.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:02 pm
bigstrads wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:Kobe needs to win 9 titles before equaling Jordan.

the 3 he won with Shaq STILL count as titles, yes, but they DON'T count when comparing to Jordan's. nuff said.

You can lock this thread now.


Jordan didnt win 9 titles.................he won 6. :roll:

I know it all happend before you were born but thats still not an excuse.

Please dont try and speak on subjects you obviously know nothing about..............which if you realise, should mean that you never post again here.


i know jordan won 6..learn to read before you post yourself..haha

your math lesson for the day: 6 + 3 = 9

I said kobe needs to win 9 titles since I don't consider the 3 he won with shaq to be comparable to jordan's 6...

again: 6 + 3 = 9
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:07 pm
bigstrads wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:Kobe needs to win 9 titles before equaling Jordan.

the 3 he won with Shaq STILL count as titles, yes, but they DON'T count when comparing to Jordan's. nuff said.

You can lock this thread now.


Jordan didnt win 9 titles.................he won 6. :roll:

I know it all happend before you were born but thats still not an excuse.

Please dont try and speak on subjects you obviously know nothing about..............which if you realise, should mean that you never post again here.


He is saying that since he doesnt believe the 3 titles that Kobe won with Shaq should count on his resume, he needs a total of 9 in order to equal the 6 won by Jordan. So, now think Clipper would believe that Kobe is 5 away.


Ok, didnt really get that................because its stupid.

Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq.............is he saying that Shaq was more influential and important to Kobe than Pippen was to MJ? because I dont remember MJ winning any titles without Pippen/Grant and then Pippen/Rodman.


don't go off on a tangent about some shaq vs. pippen argument, that's beyond da point of your post...ya need to learn how to read things clearly before running your mouth...

do i have to spell everything out for you?!?!?!

okay, Michael Jeffrey Jordan won six nba championships with the chicago bulls. there....
Last edited by ClipperGM on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:09 pm
and to be clear, YES, kobe's 3 titles with shaq should count on his resume...he won those titles still as 1a and 1b with shaq....i'm just saying when comparing to jordan, ala da thread, kobe's 4th title is much more comparable....kobe still has 4 titles, and he earned them

so my opinion is that he needs to win 9, at which point you can consider him equal or even better than jordan, but definitely NOt better than jordan now
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:52 am
ClipperGM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:Kobe needs to win 9 titles before equaling Jordan.

the 3 he won with Shaq STILL count as titles, yes, but they DON'T count when comparing to Jordan's. nuff said.

You can lock this thread now.


Jordan didnt win 9 titles.................he won 6. :roll:

I know it all happend before you were born but thats still not an excuse.

Please dont try and speak on subjects you obviously know nothing about..............which if you realise, should mean that you never post again here.


He is saying that since he doesnt believe the 3 titles that Kobe won with Shaq should count on his resume, he needs a total of 9 in order to equal the 6 won by Jordan. So, now think Clipper would believe that Kobe is 5 away.


Ok, didnt really get that................because its stupid.

Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq.............is he saying that Shaq was more influential and important to Kobe than Pippen was to MJ? because I dont remember MJ winning any titles without Pippen/Grant and then Pippen/Rodman.


don't go off on a tangent about some shaq vs. pippen argument, that's beyond da point of your post...ya need to learn how to read things clearly before running your mouth...

do i have to spell everything out for you?!?!?!

okay, Michael Jeffrey Jordan won six nba championships with the chicago bulls. there....


LOL! Wow, the retard child who cant spell, cant string a sentance together, has no knowedge, what-so-ever, of the NBA...............thinks he has a leg up on me! :mrgreen:

Listen...............you need to learn your place and realise what a complete and utter waste of a spot on this board you are.

Trying to talk to me like Im some d*ck head because I couldnt piece together your awful grammer and knowledgeless logic...............isnt exactly proving your point or making you look very good.

Look, youve been a useless, brainless, witless, senseless waste of skin and organs since you joined this place, sadly over 300 posts ago, I just cant wait until you are banned.............very very soon, as you meet all the criteria necessary.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:30 am
bigstrads wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:Kobe needs to win 9 titles before equaling Jordan.

the 3 he won with Shaq STILL count as titles, yes, but they DON'T count when comparing to Jordan's. nuff said.

You can lock this thread now.


Jordan didnt win 9 titles.................he won 6. :roll:

I know it all happend before you were born but thats still not an excuse.

Please dont try and speak on subjects you obviously know nothing about..............which if you realise, should mean that you never post again here.


He is saying that since he doesnt believe the 3 titles that Kobe won with Shaq should count on his resume, he needs a total of 9 in order to equal the 6 won by Jordan. So, now think Clipper would believe that Kobe is 5 away.


Ok, didnt really get that................because its stupid.

Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq.............is he saying that Shaq was more influential and important to Kobe than Pippen was to MJ? because I dont remember MJ winning any titles without Pippen/Grant and then Pippen/Rodman.


don't go off on a tangent about some shaq vs. pippen argument, that's beyond da point of your post...ya need to learn how to read things clearly before running your mouth...

do i have to spell everything out for you?!?!?!

okay, Michael Jeffrey Jordan won six nba championships with the chicago bulls. there....


LOL! Wow, the retard child who cant spell, cant string a sentance together, has no knowedge, what-so-ever, of the NBA...............thinks he has a leg up on me! :mrgreen:

Listen...............you need to learn your place and realise what a complete and utter waste of a spot on this board you are.

Trying to talk to me like Im some d*ck head because I couldnt piece together your awful grammer and knowledgeless logic...............isnt exactly proving your point or making you look very good.

Look, youve been a useless, brainless, witless, senseless waste of skin and organs since you joined this place, sadly over 300 posts ago, I just cant wait until you are banned.............very very soon, as you meet all the criteria necessary.



Yea this little clipper cunnt needs to get booted.He's just looking to provoke a bit of shiit, not a heap truthfully, but enough
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:58 pm
bigstrads wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:Kobe needs to win 9 titles before equaling Jordan.

the 3 he won with Shaq STILL count as titles, yes, but they DON'T count when comparing to Jordan's. nuff said.

You can lock this thread now.


Jordan didnt win 9 titles.................he won 6. :roll:

I know it all happend before you were born but thats still not an excuse.

Please dont try and speak on subjects you obviously know nothing about..............which if you realise, should mean that you never post again here.


He is saying that since he doesnt believe the 3 titles that Kobe won with Shaq should count on his resume, he needs a total of 9 in order to equal the 6 won by Jordan. So, now think Clipper would believe that Kobe is 5 away.


Ok, didnt really get that................because its stupid.

Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq.............is he saying that Shaq was more influential and important to Kobe than Pippen was to MJ? because I dont remember MJ winning any titles without Pippen/Grant and then Pippen/Rodman.


don't go off on a tangent about some shaq vs. pippen argument, that's beyond da point of your post...ya need to learn how to read things clearly before running your mouth...

do i have to spell everything out for you?!?!?!

okay, Michael Jeffrey Jordan won six nba championships with the chicago bulls. there....


LOL! Wow, the retard child who cant spell, cant string a sentance together, has no knowedge, what-so-ever, of the NBA...............thinks he has a leg up on me! :mrgreen:

Listen...............you need to learn your place and realise what a complete and utter waste of a spot on this board you are.

Trying to talk to me like Im some d*ck head because I couldnt piece together your awful grammer and knowledgeless logic...............isnt exactly proving your point or making you look very good.

Look, youve been a useless, brainless, witless, senseless waste of skin and organs since you joined this place, sadly over 300 posts ago, I just cant wait until you are banned.............very very soon, as you meet all the criteria necessary.


hahaha..well one of your other fellow warriors fans understood me just fine and tried to explain to you what i meant as well...then u tried to go off on some other tangent comparing shaq to pippen...now ur just ranting and cursing since ur so upset, which is yet another tangent..LOL
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:02 pm
look at the two above posts before mine...so much mean cursing at me...and yet i don't curse back...is all of that really necessary? I'm just on here express my opinion, like i did the jordan vs. kobe/lebron thing and just get ridiculed..increase the peace people

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:53 pm
As annoying as Clipper GM has been to many (and illogical with his reasonings) i agree with him for the most part. He really has not done anything wrong. This is a guy that had a post asking to ban him for heaven's sake. I do think he has been overly criticized in this board as a whole (though your screen name doesn't help buddy).
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:13 pm
I agree that I think bigs and migs went over the line here.

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:50 pm
This arguement over who is better btwn Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron will NEVER be decided. Jordan won 6 rings, with good supporting casts. Kobe won 4 rings, with good supporting casts (fyi: I think Kobe had the better supporting cast with Shaq. Shaq was an MVP and Finals MVP which, no matter how much I love Scottie Pippen as a player, can't be said for Pippen). Lebron has yet to win a ring, but led his team to the finals earlier in his career than both Kobe and Jordan. Until LBJ wins ringS, he unfortunately does not have any leverage in this arguement.

As far as Kobe vs. MJ...
MJ has been named MVP 5 times and Kobe 1.
MJ finals MVP 6 times (1 for every ring he has) and Kobe 1.
MJ named to All-Defensive team 9 times and Kobe 7.
MJ DPOY 1 and Kobe 0.

Going by those numbers alone, you'd think MJ wins hands down...but keep in mind Kobe still has the chance to tie/break MJs records. An argument against MJ; when he played, there was no "Lebron" so to speak. There was no one as good and clutch as MJ that made deciding MVP as hard as it is when comparing Kobe and Lebron right now. So this argument comes down to a matter of opinion and really, until Kobe and Lebron retire, will not come to an end.

As far as the matter of ClipperGM....like Mr.Crackerz said, as annoying as he is, he hasn't really done anything wrong. We may not agree with him and he may say things that make us wanna slap him, but like Mr.C., I think he's been overly criticized on this board. I don't really like the guy all that much, but I respect the fact that he comes in here and actually talks basketball.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:12 am
bada wrote:I agree that I think bigs and migs went over the line here.



I was alright with this guy for a while, but he is taking little low shots at the members of this forum. He talks basketball and I think quite well, but he is also taking shots at guys on here and it is that that makes all the difference.

I refer to this thread for really the last straw as to tolerance for him: http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=8457&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:18 am
E-Man wrote:This arguement over who is better btwn Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron will NEVER be decided. Jordan won 6 rings, with good supporting casts. Kobe won 4 rings, with good supporting casts (fyi: I think Kobe had the better supporting cast with Shaq. Shaq was an MVP and Finals MVP which, no matter how much I love Scottie Pippen as a player, can't be said for Pippen). Lebron has yet to win a ring, but led his team to the finals earlier in his career than both Kobe and Jordan. Until LBJ wins ringS, he unfortunately does not have any leverage in this arguement.

As far as Kobe vs. MJ...
MJ has been named MVP 5 times and Kobe 1.
MJ finals MVP 6 times (1 for every ring he has) and Kobe 1.
MJ named to All-Defensive team 9 times and Kobe 7.
MJ DPOY 1 and Kobe 0.

Going by those numbers alone, you'd think MJ wins hands down...but keep in mind Kobe still has the chance to tie/break MJs records. An argument against MJ; when he played, there was no "Lebron" so to speak. There was no one as good and clutch as MJ that made deciding MVP as hard as it is when comparing Kobe and Lebron right now. So this argument comes down to a matter of opinion and really, until Kobe and Lebron retire, will not come to an end.

As far as the matter of ClipperGM....like Mr.Crackerz said, as annoying as he is, he hasn't really done anything wrong. We may not agree with him and he may say things that make us wanna slap him, but like Mr.C., I think he's been overly criticized on this board. I don't really like the guy all that much, but I respect the fact that he comes in here and actually talks basketball.



See, as much as I like the current era (since 2000), Jordan's era had more superstars and more competition. Players like Magic and Bird are comparable to Wade and Lebron (using the comparison of Jordan v Kobe). There was Isiah Thomas, Stockton and Malone, Barkley, Drexler and the Centers were far more talented and at a higher level back then, with Olajuwon, Robinson and Ewing heading the list.

Jordan accomplished more and was recognised as the greatest player, every year from about 1986 onwards, in his career, whereas Kobe has only really been recognised as the best in any one season in his career, about two or three times and even then that's as arguably the best player
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron