*OFFICIAL 2009 Free Agent and Trade Movement Thread*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:44 am
Too lazy to get the link, but on ESPN, I saw they reported that Bibby will be returning to the Hawks on a 3-year deal. Speculation was that he was on his way out since they traded for Crawford. I'm guessing Crawford is their 6th man, now?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:35 am
xbay wrote:Too lazy to get the link, but on ESPN, I saw they reported that Bibby will be returning to the Hawks on a 3-year deal. Speculation was that he was on his way out since they traded for Crawford. I'm guessing Crawford is their 6th man, now?

I think they will run Bibby/Crawford/Johnson/Smith/Horford
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:28 am
Tarantism wrote:
xbay wrote:Too lazy to get the link, but on ESPN, I saw they reported that Bibby will be returning to the Hawks on a 3-year deal. Speculation was that he was on his way out since they traded for Crawford. I'm guessing Crawford is their 6th man, now?

That looks to be the most talented lineup for them. So Marvin isn't going back

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:19 am
migya wrote:
Tarantism wrote:

Yeah plus I can see Crawford being in the best possible situation to be productive because he will have somebody else creating for him, and he won't have to create for others as the 2.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:13 pm
migya wrote:
Tarantism wrote:

Most likely. I don't think they'll have the money to bring him back.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:34 pm
Just when you thought this NBA off-season couldn't get any crazier, comes news the Boston Celtics have reached an agreement with free agent forward/center Rasheed Wallace(notes) on a two-year deal that starts at the midlevel exemption of about $5.8 million.

The Celtics offered Wallace the contract during a three-hour meeting in Detroit on Thursday. Celtics stars Kevin Garnett(notes), Ray Allen(notes) and "Snake Eyes" Paul Pierce joined general manager Danny Ainge and managing partner Wyc Grousbeck at the meeting.

Looks like the vet FA's are all about that title.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:36 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Just when you thought this NBA off-season couldn't get any crazier, comes news the Boston Celtics have reached an agreement with free agent forward/center Rasheed Wallace(notes) on a two-year deal that starts at the midlevel exemption of about $5.8 million.

The Celtics offered Wallace the contract during a three-hour meeting in Detroit on Thursday. Celtics stars Kevin Garnett(notes), Ray Allen(notes) and "Snake Eyes" Paul Pierce joined general manager Danny Ainge and managing partner Wyc Grousbeck at the meeting.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:51 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Just when you thought this NBA off-season couldn't get any crazier, comes news the Boston Celtics have reached an agreement with free agent forward/center Rasheed Wallace(notes) on a two-year deal that starts at the midlevel exemption of about $5.8 million.

Looks like it. Nice pickup by the Celts. Reckon RWallace might even have a monster season of sorts and could be the starting Center by the end of the first month

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:42 am
Blazers are reportedly going to choose between Lee, Odom or Andre Miller.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:24 pm
Tarantism wrote:Blazers are reportedly going to choose between Lee, Odom or Andre Miller.

I say take Odom. He can play along side Aldridge. Its about NOW for these guys, other teams are getting better that would make them much better.

There future is bright but to compete now pick Odom.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:54 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
Tarantism wrote:Blazers are reportedly going to choose between Lee, Odom or Andre Miller.

I say take Odom. He can play along side Aldridge. Its about NOW for these guys, other teams are getting better that would make them much better.

Problem is that Portland has about 500000 SF's, and even a few who are SF/PF type hybrids. Andre Miller fits the most glaring need on the roster I think.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:53 pm

pretty nice situation for them to be in isn't it
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:59 pm
Tarantism wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

Problem is that Portland has about 500000 SF's, and even a few who are SF/PF type hybrids. Andre Miller fits the most glaring need on the roster I think.

According to Bucher Portland not interested in Odom anymore.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:11 pm
bada wrote:
Tarantism wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

According to Bucher Portland not interested in Odom anymore.

I think if they lose Fernandez, they'll go after Miller. But I'm not so sure he'll like playing back up to Blake and vice versa. Lee... eh. Well, actually, I think they'll go after Miller.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:24 pm
Two new notes:

* Dwayne Wade said he'll stay a Miami Heat if they're a title contender.

* Dallas pursuing Shawn Marion in a sign-and-trade.
Updated: July 6, 2009, 9:33 PM ET
Sources: Mavs pursue Raps' MarionComment Email Print Share By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive
The Dallas Mavericks, after striking verbal agreements over the past few days to retain Jason Kidd and sign restricted free agent Marcin Gortat to an offer sheet, have identified their latest target: Shawn Marion.

The Mavericks and Toronto Raptors, according to NBA front-office sources, are discussing a sign-and-trade deal that would bring Marion to Dallas.

Although no trade appeared imminent Monday night, Dallas has emerged as perhaps the best option for Marion. He appeared to be heading for a new deal with the Raptors when Toronto succeeded in wooing Hedo Turkoglu away from the Portland Trail Blazers with an 11th-hour bid on Friday after Turkoglu had committed to the Blazers.

If the Mavericks and Raptors can strike a deal -- with a third team potentially needed to help make the salary-cap math work -- sources say that former All-Star guard Jerry Stackhouse will almost certainly be headed to the Raptors in the exchange. Stackhouse is scheduled to earn $7 million next season at age 34, but only $2 million of his salary is guaranteed.

Without a sign-and-trade, Marion's options for landing a contract that starts above the projected mid-level exception of $5.8 million next season would appear to be exhausted, with neither Portland nor Oklahoma City -- teams that still have cap space to burn -- expected to make him an offer.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum