*OFFICIAL 2009 Free Agent and Trade Movement Thread*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:19 am
Would LOVE to see Jamario Moon on the Cavs. It gives them a back up SF and he's a very underrated fella as TMC said.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:33 am
xbay wrote:Would LOVE to see Jamario Moon on the Cavs. It gives them a back up SF and he's a very underrated fella as TMC said.

Moon is underraed and gives defense and allroundness to the Cavs, if heat don't match which they should.

Can say I'm like Heat better than Cavs, but good on the Cavs for improving their team even more

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:46 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Regarding free agency... I'm just surprised about the lack of action surrounding Ramon Sessions. It's not like he's gonna command a lot of dough, and he's up there with Andre Miller as one of the top PGs available. Another of those weird happenings of free agency.

Money and the economic situation seems to be a huge thing right now and no owner seems to want to spend much right now. Sessions should be a starter on a team, but not sure which team would take him. Maybe New York or Washington. Got a feeling Dallas will sign him to back up Kidd for a couple of years

I think he'd be a great fit for the Blazers. Of Philly if Andre Miller goes anywhere else.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:13 pm
The Blazers have offered Andre Miller a 3 year contract in what happens to be one of the few deals that really makes sense for all sides involved. Andre is expected to sign soon.

I think it really improves the Blazers, as they go from Blake, who's just adequate, to one of the top PGs available.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:57 pm
TMC wrote:The Blazers have offered Andre Miller a 3 year contract in what happens to be one of the few deals that really makes sense for all sides involved. Andre is expected to sign soon.

I think it really improves the Blazers, as they go from Blake, who's just adequate, to one of the top PGs available.

Blazers just keep getting stronger. AMiller could make them real contender

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:45 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:The Blazers have offered Andre Miller a 3 year contract in what happens to be one of the few deals that really makes sense for all sides involved. Andre is expected to sign soon.

i believe that the addition of andre miller DOES make them a contender, pending the health of oden. if oden can stay healthy, then i believe they have a legit shot at making the finals. of course the spurs and lakers are still the favorites to be in the WCF, but IMO the blazers are right under them.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:16 pm
Don't know if it was mentioned, but Spurs also signed Theo Ratliff (who is probably on his last one or two seasons).That gives them even more height, depth, athleticism and experience.

Gooden is out thee for sure

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:53 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

i believe that the addition of andre miller DOES make them a contender, pending the health of oden. if oden can stay healthy, then i believe they have a legit shot at making the finals. of course the spurs and lakers are still the favorites to be in the WCF, but IMO the blazers are right under them.

I think they're still at that "dangerous playoff team" stage. Basically, a SF away from being a true contender. Now, if they could find a way to add Odom...

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:11 am
I think this could make them a top 4 team.
Yikes, I didn't know Miller has actually played in 530 straight games and has missed 3 games his entire career!
Do they really have the capspace to go after Odom?
War Years
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:51 am
War Years wrote:Do they really have the capspace to go after Odom?

Not for the money Odom is looking for, but there's always the chance of a sign-and-trade. Or Odom can sign a backloaded deal, as Portland will have a ton of money available after next season.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:06 pm
so what's their 5 now?

Miller
Roy
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden?

Yikes
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:02 am
Quazza wrote:so what's their 5 now?

Miller
Roy
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden?

Yikes

I'd put Batum and maybe Webster above Outlaw in their starting five, Quazza. Although I guess that position is still up for grabs.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:30 am
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:so what's their 5 now?

Miller
Roy
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden?

Yikes

I'd put Batum and maybe Webster above Outlaw in their starting five, Quazza. Although I guess that position is still up for grabs.

I'd say Outlaw still has the spot until Webster is healthy again. Batum can go in and out depending on the matchup, as he has a lot better defense than Outlaw.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:17 pm
Gooden signed with the Mavs. :roll:

Not a great player but makes them stronger and deeper................great.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:07 pm
bigstrads wrote:Gooden signed with the Mavs. :roll:

Not a great player but makes them stronger and deeper................great.

Yeah, I don't know why everybody is so down on Gooden. Probably due to high expectations he wasn't able to fulfill but, as a role player to provide depth from the bench, I think any team should be happy to sign him.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum