Yao Ming out next season, possibly longer ?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:21 pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

As the NBA draft approached, the grim truth about Yao Ming’s(notes) broken left foot hung like an anvil over the Houston Rockets. The fear isn’t that he’s just lost for next season, but longer.

The Rockets and Yao’s reps are frightened over his future, and the concern is the most base of all: Does Yao Ming ever play again.

Obviously a big blow to the Rockets. T-Mac, now Yao.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:29 pm
I've read about it before, but this all comes from his doctor saying that he doesn't know when he'll be able to play again. And what I've read (quotes from that doctor) is that it may take next season, longer... or just a few months.

In any case, the Rockets are done (as we know them) without Yao and T-Mac. They have some pieces, but looks like rebuilding time again...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:44 pm
TMC wrote:I've read about it before, but this all comes from his doctor saying that he doesn't know when he'll be able to play again. And what I've read (quotes from that doctor) is that it may take next season, longer... or just a few months.

In any case, the Rockets are done (as we know them) without Yao and T-Mac. They have some pieces, but looks like rebuilding time again...

Which is why the trade I propsed in the same thread as my four team trade (I'm talking about the second trade I posted after that first one in that thread), could be possible, as they would get Monta and Maggette to add to Artest, Battier etc. Worth a shot

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum