NBA Playoffs Discussion

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:12 pm
"Always" Next wrote:does anybody else agree that the playoffs drag out too god-damn long or is it just me? it seems like they started a month ago and you have some teams that have only played 4 games. I realize the NBA is a TV driven sport, but they have to do something to not space the games so far out. the playoffs started 2 weeks ago right?? so the teams are averaging 2 games a week, that is not good for anybody. as a casual NBA fan, outside of the Warriors, I have completely lost interest in the playoffs already. maybe that is because its baseball season, or maybe its because I have a short attention span, but the playoffs take too damn long.

yeah... i briefly stated this earlier in this thread (psss.. page 3). I agree with you completely. I've watched more NHL hockey than the NBA. I've watch more Draft coverage (one day) than the entire NBA playoffs (the only game i watched was the bulls vs. celts game one.. felt like ions ago)

Whats worse is that it will end in June something... we're still in April :banghead:

In the MLB and NFL, there playoffs are like a month... so the extra month is what makes the whole thing a bore IMO. And the fact that the NBA is rigged and fixed (via the officiating and favoritism from the league office), i don't really like supporting an unfair league with a bunch of deuche bags running the show. Plus, a lotta players are A-holes.

Wow, did i branch off or what. seems like i repeat the same ****. Just different days. I just hate it that my favorite sport is so poorly done in the pro level.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:59 pm
I like how the playoffs are, with games being played every day up until the Conference Finals and Finals. It keeps people watching obviously and keeps entertainment going. I wouldn't like if there was no games on a particular day, yet there being some eight teams still active in the playoffs

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:37 am
migya wrote:I like how the playoffs are, with games being played every day up until the Conference Finals and Finals. It keeps people watching obviously and keeps entertainment going. I wouldn't like if there was no games on a particular day, yet there being some eight teams still active in the playoffs

Mig,
I agree that there should be games every day....cuz if there werent, the damn playoffs would go on even longer. I just dont think that every game needs to be televised, there should be more games played and not 4 days between games. Its ridiculous! Im with Crackerz on the officiating as well. How did Rondo get away with blasting a wide open Brad Miller in the mouth last night without getting called for a flagrant foul? The NBA has always been a star driven league. As great as MJ was, how many times did he miss a shot at the end of a playoff game without getting a whistle??
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:34 pm
Last night's foul call was ridiculous. Chicago should have closed the game out earlier, and I don't think Rondo is a dirty player, but that has to be called a flagrant. He practically punched Miller in the face, and was nowhere near blocking the shot. Who blocks a shot at the level of someone's face in a swiping motion. If he was attempting a block he would have held his hand over Miller's. Just another example of the favoritism that goes on in the NBA as the Celtics are allowed to play an entirely different level of defense than anyone else, but it is just cast off as "aggressive." When the warriors play the Celtics you should see the difference in how defensive reputation dictates what the refs call as fouls. I really hope the Bulls win the next 2 as I'm tired of this Celtics fluke team that was gift wrapped the city of Boston a championship and because most Boston fans are douche bigalows who seriously act like their dicks grow an inch when their teams win a title.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:39 pm
"Always" Next wrote:does anybody else agree that the playoffs drag out too god-damn long or is it just me? it seems like they started a month ago and you have some teams that have only played 4 games. I realize the NBA is a TV driven sport, but they have to do something to not space the games so far out. the playoffs started 2 weeks ago right?? so the teams are averaging 2 games a week, that is not good for anybody. as a casual NBA fan, outside of the Warriors, I have completely lost interest in the playoffs already. maybe that is because its baseball season, or maybe its because I have a short attention span, but the playoffs take too damn long.

I think so. Case and point? Well, Monday Night Raw last week had higher ratings than ANY NBA playoff game. Yes, I'm talking about WWE. I'm not bashing the show, as I still catch it time to time and still am a supporter and fan, but the fact that WWE is being watched more than any NBA playoff game is ridiculous.

Honestly, that just shows that the teams and/or games are just not enticing.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:41 pm
you know what was even more interesting than the foul rondo did? it was how on Inside the NBA when Charles and Kenny were talking about it, it was cut short by the white dude. I bet they were getting in trouble for pointing it out.

The officiating is horrible. They always say that they don't want the refs to decide the games, but that is total bs. thats what they're there for. How damn hard is it to just call the game right? seriously, the nba is so damn rigged. even trades are rigged.

man i am disappointed..
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
MC99 wrote:you know what was even more interesting than the foul rondo did? it was how on Inside the NBA when Charles and Kenny were talking about it, it was cut short by the white dude. I bet they were getting in trouble for pointing it out.

The officiating is horrible. They always say that they don't want the refs to decide the games, but that is total bs. thats what they're there for. How damn hard is it to just call the game right? seriously, the nba is so damn rigged. even trades are rigged.

man i am disappointed..

Stu Jackson was on Mike and Mike this morning and said there was little discussion about Rondo being suspended because there was no way his foul was flagrant. Rondo made no play at the ball, he jacked Miller in his grill. He also said that the suspension of Dwight Howard was a slam dunk. I really dont see how these plays could have been looked at so differently. Would love to see a Bulls scrub blast Paul Pierce in the chops while he is driving the lane and see what the league would say about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:43 am
"Always" Next wrote:
MC99 wrote:you know what was even more interesting than the foul rondo did? it was how on Inside the NBA when Charles and Kenny were talking about it, it was cut short by the white dude. I bet they were getting in trouble for pointing it out.

man i am disappointed..

Stu Jackson was on Mike and Mike this morning and said there was little discussion about Rondo being suspended because there was no way his foul was flagrant. Rondo made no play at the ball, he jacked Miller in his grill. He also said that the suspension of Dwight Howard was a slam dunk. I really dont see how these plays could have been looked at so differently. Would love to see a Bulls scrub blast Paul Pierce in the chops while he is driving the lane and see what the league would say about it.

"Always"... boston is one of the favorite teams in the NBA. No calling that foul a flagerent on Rondo is a joke... they call all this p*ssy fouls all the time, but that one is equal to those?

Granted, i like rajon rondo, but c'mon, thats a flagerent foul. HE HIT MILLER IN THE DAMN HEAD.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:47 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

man i am disappointed..

"Always"... boston is one of the favorite teams in the NBA. No calling that foul a flagerent on Rondo is a joke... they call all this p*ssy fouls all the time, but that one is equal to those?

Granted, i like rajon rondo, but c'mon, thats a flagerent foul. HE HIT MILLER IN THE DAMN HEAD.

I agree Mr. Crackerz, that is why I said at the beginning of the playoff season that I HATE BASKETBALL!! The playoffs are so long and drawn out and the outcomes of the games are so influenced by the officials and I believe ultimately David Stern. The year the Spurs won their last title, when the whole Suns team got suspended for the end of the series. Rondo has tons of heart and he probably didnt go into that play planning on hitting Miller in the face, but he did....plain and simple. There was no attempt at the ball and it ended up being nothing but a dirty play that he got away with. Im sure deep down Stern is thinking all I have to do is make sure Boston gets out of this round and they will get KG back....then the ratings for the ECF will be great with a full strength C's team battling the CAvs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:04 am
"Always" Next wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

man i am disappointed..

I agree Mr. Crackerz, that is why I said at the beginning of the playoff season that I HATE BASKETBALL!! The playoffs are so long and drawn out and the outcomes of the games are so influenced by the officials and I believe ultimately David Stern. The year the Spurs won their last title, when the whole Suns team got suspended for the end of the series. Rondo has tons of heart and he probably didnt go into that play planning on hitting Miller in the face, but he did....plain and simple. There was no attempt at the ball and it ended up being nothing but a dirty play that he got away with. Im sure deep down Stern is thinking all I have to do is make sure Boston gets out of this round and they will get KG back....then the ratings for the ECF will be great with a full strength C's team battling the CAvs.

yep... exactly! ECF ratings will be Sterns biggest event (possibly higher than the finals), and he wants those 2 teams there.

I disagree with your I HATE BASKETBALL statement, as playing the sport is so much fun, and college basketball is so much fun to watch. watching live college basketball games is the funnest sporting event to watch IMO, as the atmosphere is so unique and exciting. I would agree with a statement that read I HATE THE NBA.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:27 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

man i am disappointed..

yep... exactly! ECF ratings will be Sterns biggest event (possibly higher than the finals), and he wants those 2 teams there.

I disagree with your I HATE BASKETBALL statement, as playing the sport is so much fun, and college basketball is so much fun to watch. watching live college basketball games is the funnest sporting event to watch IMO, as the atmosphere is so unique and exciting. I would agree with a statement that read I HATE THE NBA.

I meant I HATE NBA BASKETBALL!! I also enjoy playing basketball and watching college ball. Havent got to play as much the past few years, I tore my knee up in a delivery accident and have been scared to test it too much.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:11 am
I can't believe the refs still missed the call after Miller had to get stitches on the sideline. Then the medicine that they gave Miller in order to stitch him up during a quick injury timeout, I am guessing hindered his ability at the line. I don't think an 85% shooter is gonna hit the front of the rim with the game on the line unless he's seriously affected.

You HAVE to call the flagrant. All it would have done would have guaranteed the Bulls a fair shot. Having to choose between the obviously handicapped Miller or Doc Rivers choice of free throw shooter with the game on the line in Boston is not fair. If the a team that won a championship because of their defense cannot defend a 7 seed for 2 more seconds on their home floor, then they deserve to lose. If not, go to overtime. The NBA would probably love to have another overtime since this is the only series people are watching.

Hopefully the Bulls get the win tonight and then end Boston's season on their home floor.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:28 pm
I don't blame the Celtics at all. It's just ridiculous that the NBA is playing favorites. I pray hard that the Bulls win the series, although it looks dim.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:48 pm
looks like rondo wants his ass raped. such a prick, even though a good player...
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:25 pm
xbay wrote:I don't blame the Celtics at all. It's just ridiculous that the NBA is playing favorites. I pray hard that the Bulls win the series, although it looks dim.

yet people watch... When cheating is involved in Baseball, fans and the media go up in arms and demand action... and we get it. rules are created. We got huge penalties for cheating now, and basically cheaters will not be elected into the HOF.

The NFL, although much more powerful, spends millions of money to produce fair product When credibility is questioned, the media jumps right along with fans, and there is resolvement.

The NBA, which has been caught with scandals, just flexes their muscles and lets it go... the media (ESPN and TNT) is afraid to question them... I saw Rose questioning the NBA's integrity today, and ESPN immediately put a disclaimer on "well, that's his opinion"... like isn't the point of being an analyst having an opinion? They never did that to any analyst, from what ive seen.

BTW, sort of relating, but how come not one person fails a drug test in the NBA? either drugs or steroids? This league is just a crock.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum