NBA Playoffs Discussion

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:35 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:On a different note, what a showing by Miami. I thought they were going to be down 0-2 going back home. But after Wade talked to Alonzo Mourning, him and Haslem got the team together and gave them a no BS speech. And what happened? The team got it together tonight and outplayed the Hawks.

I told you all it was going to be a big series. It's really close, because Atlanta has the better roster, but Wade was a MVP contender, and nobody on the Hawks is close to that level. With some help from his teammates, Wade and the Heat have a great chance to go past the first round.

On the other side, the Hornets look done...

Heat did well and Hawks look like they could be in trouble, because if they think they have to answer Wade, they've got the wrong idea, they have to beat the Heat with multiple players out doing the Heat's lack of talent.

I'm not counting out the Hornets, any team really until they lose at home and have not won away. If Nugs beat Hornets in new Orleans, they've won

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:28 pm
The problem with New Orleans is that they don't have much depth from the bench, if any. Daniels isn't exactly the ideal back up for Paul. Guys like Armstrong and Marks spell West and Chandler, that's not really helping. Other than Posey, who seems to be really silent this year compared to last year, they really have no one.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:37 pm
Celts crush Bulls and look much better, inexperience showing on the Bulls and Rose especially.

Spurs get their heads almost cut off by the Mavs. Duncan looks like garbage right now. If he can't score over twenty in this series and be a monster, not the turkey he looks right now, Spurs don't deserve to go anywhere. Just an awful showing by Duncan so far, this game especially

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:04 pm
migya wrote:Spurs get their heads almost cut off by the Mavs. Duncan looks like garbage right now. If he can't score over twenty in this series and be a monster, not the turkey he looks right now, Spurs don't deserve to go anywhere. Just an awful showing by Duncan so far, this game especially

The Mavs vs Spurs must be one of the worst series of the last decade, if not more. Quite frankly, I'd love to see them both out... :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:32 am
Jazz beat Lakers with Deron's end of game shot. They needed this win and interesting how Bynum has been little to Lakers so far, this game he was horrid. I think if Jazz had Okur, they would havewon one in LA, but they might be without him the whole series

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:51 pm
1. When the Fakers have Kobe shooting bricks, the team looks average at best (any of the top 9 in the West) is pretty much loaded on talent and can beat the Fakers if Kobe is shooting bricks. Fortunately, for Fakers fans, Kobe doesn't have that many bad games.

2. Howard is no where near a playoff franchise player. Sure his stats are nice, he has raw power only seen a younger Shaq, but he has absolutely no moves. If we replaced Nellie and his jump shooting, predictable drive and kick (sheesh the same offense since the TMC days) with Stan Van Gundy, Biedrins would be a double threat just on put backs (Orlando really takes the ball to the paint which why they won 59 games this year).

3. The playoffs show a lot of parity, basically any team that loses a key rotation player will not win (Utah with Okur, Orlando with Nelson, Boston with KG, Powe, SAS with Ginobli, Fakers with Bynum, Ariza out last year).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:23 am
Cavs look like sweeping.

Rockets and Blazers look so even.

76ers biggest surprise and could really beat the Magic. Magic have to win this series or talk of pretenders will start and grow big

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:19 pm
People it is not a choke job for Orlando, they are playing without an all-star PG and half speed Hedo. Besides, with the way the NBA is played and called today (BD who b... -slapped big D by himself) which backcourt would you rather have in the fourth quarter (Iggy and the vet Miller) or "Warriors and Houston reject" Rafer. As long as you have a perimeter player like Kobe, LJ, Iggy, D-Wade, Ginobli, Pablo Pierce, who can drive, initiate contact and get phantom foul calls you can have a nice playoff run.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:48 pm
Heat have turned it on the Hawks and look like much better than them. Hawks' playing doing nothing and Jermaine has stepped up.

Spurs look done. Even with another unbelievable game from Parker and very good one from Duncan,they get beaten. Unless they get the whole team contributing, as they are good at doing, they have no chance.

Jazz look done. Lakers spank them in Utah. Okur back but nowhere near 100%. Series should be over next game

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:24 pm
Is it the NBA finals yet... man, the NBA is a bore without the warriors. The only thing that can attract me to watch is a LeBron vs Kobe finals... and thats still a 50/50 chance

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:42 pm
it will be lebron kobe playoffs

sometime you wonder if stern is coming up with these dream match ups

last year we have laker celtics

this year we have kobe lebron
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:33 am
saintdee wrote:it will be lebron kobe playoffs

sometime you wonder if stern is coming up with these dream match ups

last year we have laker celtics

this year we have kobe lebron

Really does look like Lakers v Cavs final, at least so far

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:12 am
migya wrote:Heat have turned it on the Hawks and look like much better than them. Hawks' playing doing nothing and Jermaine has stepped up.

Spurs look done. Even with another unbelievable game from Parker and very good one from Duncan,they get beaten. Unless they get the whole team contributing, as they are good at doing, they have no chance.

Jazz look done. Lakers spank them in Utah. Okur back but nowhere near 100%. Series should be over next game

Yeah, TMC called it. With the Hawks having no superstar type player on their team, they're going to be in trouble. As good as Joe Johnson and Josh Smith are, they are not at the level Dwyane Wade is.

Losing Ginobili was HUGE for the Spurs. I think with him there, they'd beat the Mavs in 7.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:33 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:Heat have turned it on the Hawks and look like much better than them. Hawks' playing doing nothing and Jermaine has stepped up.

Yeah, TMC called it. With the Hawks having no superstar type player on their team, they're going to be in trouble. As good as Joe Johnson and Josh Smith are, they are not at the level Dwyane Wade is.

Losing Ginobili was HUGE for the Spurs. I think with him there, they'd beat the Mavs in 7.

With Ginobili, I doubt the Spurs would need 7 games to win the series. They'd be 2-0 going to Dallas, and I'm pretty sure they'd take one there. I'd say in 5, 6 max.

As for the Heat vs Hawks... Yeah, I called a Heat upset of Atlanta, but I hoped to see a better matchup. It's pretty disappointing, actually. I expected a lot more from the Hawks.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:47 pm
God damn.... ray allen = money
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum