NBA Playoffs Discussion

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:22 pm
Jackattack wrote:I'll admit Birdman is good player and has been effective for Denver coming off the bench. BUT, I cannot stand his "birdman" wing display... I just want to smack him silly when he does that... it makes the NBA look more like the WWF.... sure let's go after him, but it'll be in his contract that he cannot do that.... lol :mrgreen:

Speaking of WWF, Vince McMahon, in retaliation of having to move Monday Night Raw from Denver to Los Angeles because of Game 4 was in Denver yesterday, he had his writers put up a cheesy script where it was a 5 on 5 match up with 5 unpopular superstars wearing Denver jerseys while 5 popular superstars wore Laker jerseys. They used the Lakers PA announcer to do the "starting line ups" and of course, had the Lakers winning the match.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm
bigstrads wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:Who else would love to see the Birdman coming off our bench in the front court with Turiaf? Those guys would be the hustlinest, instant energy front court in the league. CJ, Morrow, Buike, Birdman, Turiaf would be an amazing second unit.....you could even sub Belli for either guard position.

Yup, I made a thread about us going after him when he came off his suspension a couple of years ago..........but the Hornets kept him, and then we didnt go after him again when he was a free agent.

Dude is the perfect energy player, you dont have to pay him much but he will give you key defensive plays, crowd rousing dunks and wed have the whole "Birdman" of Alcatraz in-joke too!

Ohh well.

Chris anderson has been real great this season, one of the best bench players there is to me. He is amonster on defense with the blocks and supplies so much energy for the Nugs.

Magic beat Cavs in a real close game and look almost a sure thing to go to the finals. I'm pulling for a Nugs/Magic finals right now more than any other matchup, it would be better with more energy and more good matchups, not just Kobe/Lebron

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:24 am
Man I will laugh so hard if all those Kobe/Lebron puppet ads and Kobe v. Lebron Vitamin water ads (which are really annoying if you ask me) are for nothing.

"the boy DEFINITELY gets his vitamins" - STFU! I'm already sick and tired of hearing that stupid slogan.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:39 pm
first off wrote:Man I will laugh so hard if all those Kobe/Lebron puppet ads and Kobe v. Lebron Vitamin water ads (which are really annoying if you ask me) are for nothing.

"the boy DEFINITELY gets his vitamins" - STFU! I'm already sick and tired of hearing that stupid slogan.

I will laugh so hard if it turns out to be Kobe vs Lebron
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:58 am
Ohh dear.............poor Nuggies =

With Friday's loss, the Nuggets have now dropped eight straight contests when faced with playoff elimination. It's the longest such streak for any team in NBA history.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:21 am
bigstrads wrote:Ohh dear.............poor Nuggies =

With Friday's loss, the Nuggets have now dropped eight straight contests when faced with playoff elimination. It's the longest such streak for any team in NBA history.

One of the most retarded quotes I've ever seen. They've made it to the conference finals, overachieving any kind of expectations, and what's left is that they've dropped eight straight games when faced with elimination?. Ridiculous... Particularly when you consider they've advanced two rounds. It would be different if that record were held by a team that hasn't advanced from the first round of the playoffs in a decade, but after making it to the conference finals, seems like a preposterous quote, to say the least.

As fas as I'm concerned, they should be praised for the way they have played and all they have achieved this season, particularly with a frontcourt that doesn't impress anybody. Nene, K-Mart and Andersen are decent players, but there's not a single dominant guy in that group. And they've surpassed teams like Utah, San Antonio or Houston that have real forces inside.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:40 am
TMC wrote:

One of the most retarded quotes I've ever seen. They've made it to the conference finals, overachieving any kind of expectations, and what's left is that they've dropped eight straight games when faced with elimination?. Ridiculous... Particularly when you consider they've advanced two rounds. It would be different if that record were held by a team that hasn't advanced from the first round of the playoffs in a decade, but after making it to the conference finals, seems like a preposterous quote, to say the least.

As fas as I'm concerned, they should be praised for the way they have played and all they have achieved this season, particularly with a frontcourt that doesn't impress anybody. Nene, K-Mart and Andersen are decent players, but there's not a single dominant guy in that group. And they've surpassed teams like Utah, San Antonio or Houston that have real forces inside.

I know its a sh*tty thing to say when theyve achieved so much...............I was just a little shocked to read it, especially considering its the longest streak anyone has ever gone on.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:30 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

I know its a sh*tty thing to say when theyve achieved so much...............I was just a little shocked to read it, especially considering its the longest streak anyone has ever gone on.

It also proves they've made the playoffs lots of times, but that's basically the only thing it says. That stat is absolutely worthless. It only means that a team that's barely good enough to make the playoffs won't win much once it reaches that stage. That's what happened to Memphis when Gasol was there (lots of first round exits) and Denver before the Chauncey trade.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:02 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

It also proves they've made the playoffs lots of times, but that's basically the only thing it says. That stat is absolutely worthless. It only means that a team that's barely good enough to make the playoffs won't win much once it reaches that stage. That's what happened to Memphis when Gasol was there (lots of first round exits) and Denver before the Chauncey trade.

Well, I took it as it was intended...............which is to say that for 8 straight series's, the Nuggets, when faced with elimination, have not pulled that game out and extended the series.

Simple as that, its not taking away from their achievements in this or any season.............its just saying that when they HAVE to win a game or be eliminated, theyve failed to extend their series 8 straight times, more than any other team in NBA history (ie: all the other teams have been able to stave off elimination, like Cleveland did the other night)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:28 am
Pitty Nuggets lost, but they rrally did more than most, if not all people, expected. Billups right now looks like a star that carries success where he goes. He might even be considered for the HOF, something farfetched for him some six years ago

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:14 pm
I don't think he's a first ballot HOF guy, though. I think he'll be considered as well, just cause of his story and what's he done. 'Cause in the end, it's his play and presence that should be considered, not stats and transactions.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:10 pm
I don't think Chauncey has done enough to merit a HOF spot. I mean, he might go in (not as first ballot, granted), but that means it's way too easy to enter for any decent player.

And, don't get me wrong, I love Chauncey's game, but the HOF should be there only for the very best. From the current active players, only Lebron, Shaq, Kobe and players like those should have a spot there. If players that are clearly one step below that level are allowed to enter, the value of the HOF gets diluted a bit.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:17 pm
TMC wrote:I don't think Chauncey has done enough to merit a HOF spot. I mean, he might go in (not as first ballot, granted), but that means it's way too easy to enter for any decent player.

And, don't get me wrong, I love Chauncey's game, but the HOF should be there only for the very best. From the current active players, only Lebron, Shaq, Kobe and players like those should have a spot there. If players that are clearly one step below that level are allowed to enter, the value of the HOF gets diluted a bit.

Well yeah, that's what I mean. I think he'll get there. It's just that he won't get in for a while after he's allowed to be considered.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:40 am
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:I don't think Chauncey has done enough to merit a HOF spot. I mean, he might go in (not as first ballot, granted), but that means it's way too easy to enter for any decent player.

Well yeah, that's what I mean. I think he'll get there. It's just that he won't get in for a while after he's allowed to be considered.

That's exactly what will happen, he'll get in after a few years of eligibility

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:42 pm
The Magic are currently evaluating the status of Jameer Nelson. They said there is a possiblity he could be in uniform on Thursday. What you guys think of this?
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum