NBA Playoffs Discussion

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:57 pm
Has Lebron gotten a LOT bigger?
Think about what happened to Barry's body on the juice. He went from skinny athlete to bull neck thick. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Lebron pretty much been about the same size since entering the NBA??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:16 pm
of course he has gotten bigger

but he came to the league when he was 18-19. He was already big but he got much bigger. Full time training will bulk you up.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:17 am
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:Great shot, but I've seen better game winners. He was only defended by Turkoglu and not under a heap of pressure, some pressure, but not a heap. Good on him and that series, both series actually, look like being real good

1 second............falling way and to the side.............down by 2.............challenged..............Conference Semis..........already lost Game 1 at home.............not many bigger buzzer beaters than that have happend my man.

Name them? Fishers? that was a chuck...........this was a flowing jump shot buried, not a lucky chuck.

I just don't think the degree of difficulty of that shot was that great. It was a big shot given the situation, but I have seen many more difficult game winners, a few from Larry Bird, to name just one famous player

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:48 am
man fvck the lakers
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:23 am
saintdee wrote:of course he has gotten bigger

but he came to the league when he was 18-19. He was already big but he got much bigger. Full time training will bulk you up.

To me it seems he was always that big, and just bulked up a bit. My only point is that with Barry you could totally tell in a side by side pic of his early career vs later. His body type completely changed. While Lebron has bulked up, I don't think we'd see as drastic a difference in his side by side.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:32 am
While I Marveled at Lebron with his super hero, unhuman display of talent on the court against the Magic, 1 man cannot defeat a well balanced team. The series should easliy be 3-0 in favor of the Magic, if it was not for that 3 pointer at the buzzer by Lebron.

The rest of the League better catch up, the magic have 2 guys 6'10, playing like guards, point guard goes down (Jameer Nelson) at the middle of the season and they don't panick instead get the right fit (Skip to My Lue), A Dominate center still raw on the offensive but does everything else above average, decent back center, excellent role players that know there role. Thats a well built team.

But back to the 2 guys 6'10 playing like guards (Hedu, Lewis), to quick and skilled for the power forwards, and too tall for shooting gaurds, now thats a mis-match all day, everyday.

Look at the Lakers and Nuggets all with big line-ups, with verstile small forwards. Hello warriors lets wake up catch up to the trend.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:17 am
If Lebron didn't make that shot in game 2, the Cav's are as good as swept.
There's no denying Lebron's dominancy in the NBA, but what's the f-cking hurry!~
This board is starting to go Goo Goo Lebron, and I'm getting sick of it already. I felt the same way about MJ on his run. Yeah we are and will be privileged to see maybe the best of all time. And true, he's much easier to stomach than that narrow focused type A dickhead that Jordan was. ( Though it's true that focus will NEVER be parrallelled ) But for Chrissake you guys, don't just hand it to him, make him work for it!

Now we see the truth, as much as our disgust for the Warrior management,What about Cleveland?
First off, picking Le Bron first was the biggest no brainer in the history of American professional sports! In 5 years, with favorable salary conditions, the Cav's still haven't been able to build a team around Le Bron. Were they so mindful of Le Bron's ego that they couldn't pick or trade for one other guy who could outscore him in one game a month!

Does anybody here really like the idea of Le Bron being such a force in the NBA that he can win singlehandedly without a serious supporting cast? Imagine how their asses would be wiped if Jameer Nelson was healthy.

GAME ONE: The buzzer rings, it's official, the Magic upsets the Cav's at home. But somehow, the world stand still as Lebron sucks all the TV attention for his knee. He couldn't have just limped off the court and let the physician's tend to him where they could do some good. Nooooo- MAYBE the Magic won because Le Bron was injured!!! After a couple of minutes, finally our attention goes to the come from behind victors of the hard fought upset.

Guys, we'll be hearing the hyping, the legendizing, the superlatives, the exclusive footage ad nauseum ( at least for me ) for the next 10 years. Don't be so quick to let the guy get his foot in the door so soon.
War Years
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:53 pm
Very true, War Years. People are always going to ohh and ahhh over LeBron, win or lose. Many NBA fans have been looking for the next big thing since MJ. And with LeBron the closest thing since MJ has retired, people will go goo goo over him. I've done it many times. I'm not afraid to admit it.

Like I said, that team around LeBron does not look good on paper. The only reason why they're that far is because of two things: their chemistry and LeBron. If one of those two things are missing, they wouldn't be where they are. You take chemistry away from them, they're just an average playoff team. You take away LeBron, they wouldn't even be thinking playoffs.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:11 pm
The Cavs are a completely unlikeable team without LJ. Mo Williams is a punk, Delonte West, Z, Andersen are all non-descript NBA players.

They got Joe Smith, the player that sank a franchise (ours) and over the hill Wallace and missing in action Sasha and Wally.

It is quite possible Cleveland was considered a top defensive team given the fact LJ gets around 20 FT attempts per game which allows them to set up half court defense and the Leastern Conference was pathetic (compared to the 9th seed but loaded Phoenix Suns).

The best way to beat a superstar, is lock down the teammates, play the superstar one on one with a combo of Rashard, Pietrus, Hedo rotation, and allow the superstar to play ridiculous minutes and cramp up physically or at the free throw line.

Against a team able to get 6 players in double digit scoring off three pointers, free throws and points in the paint from crisp passing ... I can't see the Cavs winning the series without some serious help from Stern and his tainted ref crew.

Center - Z is too weak and slow to guard Howard
Forwards - Andersen is too slow to guard the treis from Hedo, Rashard and Pietrus ... Hedo is too crafty and unselfish for Lebron to be a big factor on help defense
Guards - Given the fact that the Magic feature Lee, Rafer, Johnson, Cavs short guards have played poorly and get particularly exposed when Van Gundy keeps Pietrus in with Rashard and Hedo
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:14 pm
Yep. To make a long story short, the Magic are just better all-around than the Cavs.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:14 pm
xbay wrote:Yep. To make a long story short, the Magic are just better all-around than the Cavs.

And that's not saying much, because Orlando ain't particularly balanced.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:03 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Yep. To make a long story short, the Magic are just better all-around than the Cavs.

And that's not saying much, because Orlando ain't particularly balanced.

Not in depth, as they are quite thin on the bench, but their starting five is among the best in the nba, close to it actually. Each guy does his job, including Alston, who without him they would be screwed as they have no other good PG with Jameer injured. Rashard rebounds some and scores well, mostly on long jumpers, Lee is an outside shooter with pretty good allround ability and a very nice young athlete, Turkoglu is a very good allround player, being their secondary, sometimes primary, playmaker and passer, able to score well and Dwight is the big inside monster that makes it all able to work, being such a presence inside on both ends. Cleveland needs big games from Ilgauskas and one or two more of their inside guys, like Varejao, BWallace and Joe Smith. They have to have it or they are eaten alive inside, on both ends. Pietrus is good off the Orlando bench, but not much else other than him there

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:58 am
Who else would love to see the Birdman coming off our bench in the front court with Turiaf? Those guys would be the hustlinest, instant energy front court in the league. CJ, Morrow, Buike, Birdman, Turiaf would be an amazing second unit.....you could even sub Belli for either guard position.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:16 am
"Always" Next wrote:Who else would love to see the Birdman coming off our bench in the front court with Turiaf? Those guys would be the hustlinest, instant energy front court in the league. CJ, Morrow, Buike, Birdman, Turiaf would be an amazing second unit.....you could even sub Belli for either guard position.

Yup, I made a thread about us going after him when he came off his suspension a couple of years ago..........but the Hornets kept him, and then we didnt go after him again when he was a free agent.

Dude is the perfect energy player, you dont have to pay him much but he will give you key defensive plays, crowd rousing dunks and wed have the whole "Birdman" of Alcatraz in-joke too!

Ohh well.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:29 am
I'll admit Birdman is good player and has been effective for Denver coming off the bench. BUT, I cannot stand his "birdman" wing display... I just want to smack him silly when he does that... it makes the NBA look more like the WWF.... sure let's go after him, but it'll be in his contract that he cannot do that.... lol :mrgreen:

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum