NBA Playoffs Discussion

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:14 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Cleveland's supporting cast looks a bit off... where Orlando just came off a tough series. They are cooking on all cylinders. If Lebron has to do it all, Cleveland is done. I bet they will pull it together though and make it a tough series.



Orlando just got a huge win by getting game one and in Cleveland. They have a slightly better supporting cast for Dwight than Lebron has around him. Will be interesting to see if Magic can steal game two as well


Well, Cleveland was up by 16. They just forgot to maintain the lead. So they actually had the game in their favor, they just screwed it up. But you definitely cannot give a team like the Magic life, or else they're going to take advantage of it or scare you.

Just like the Lakers. They were up 14 before half, and the Nuggets closed the half on a 14-1 run to only trail by a point before half time. The Nuggets were playing lazily throughout the first half. Then, they started to execute in the second half much better.



Nuggets stole one from the Lakers and have the advantage now. These Nugs really look for real. What a great turnaround for them and nice to see


This is gonna be a loooooooong series... the Lakers are only clearly better if Bynum appears, but so far, he's been a total bust in the playoffs. Without him, it's too close to tell who will make it to the finals from those two.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:01 am
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:21 pm
At least Warrior fans can live vicariously through all the players Nellie exiled to the rest of the NBA. Nice game from Pietrus 3-4, 8 pts, charge called on LJ, 1 block shot.

Denver has the edge for closing games because of their two options Melo and Chauncey.

Gasoft and Odom really need to step it up to get back the home court, because Melo has shown he can match Kobe step for step ... which means Chauncey matchup favors Denver big time if the Fakers big remain in La La land.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:57 am
ALL HAIL THE KING!!! :D
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:28 am
bigstrads wrote:ALL HAIL THE KING!!! :D


Lebron just saved the east series. The would have never recovered from 0-2, and that three he made was just ridiculous... Amazing play for an amazing win.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:13 am
Great shot, but I've seen better game winners. He was only defended by Turkoglu and not under a heap of pressure, some pressure, but not a heap. Good on him and that series, both series actually, look like being real good
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:24 am
migya wrote:Great shot, but I've seen better game winners. He was only defended by Turkoglu and not under a heap of pressure, some pressure, but not a heap. Good on him and that series, both series actually, look like being real good


1 second............falling way and to the side.............down by 2.............challenged..............Conference Semis..........already lost Game 1 at home.............not many bigger buzzer beaters than that have happend my man.

Name them? Fishers? that was a chuck...........this was a flowing jump shot buried, not a lucky chuck.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:09 am
I think that shot lebron made forced everyone who watched it live to make some kind of "OHH!" noise in response. it was involuntary. 10 guys in my gym all did it with me.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:18 am
That was amazing, the fact that they were down by 2 and was shooting for the win. Hedo played it right, got a hand in his face and Lebron just nailed it. I mean, it's not like the game was tied and there wasn't a ton of pressure. The fact that they lost game 1 just makes it much more incredible. I'm so damn impressed with Lebron. Anybody hear that idiot on KNBR call in and say that Kobe was better than Lebron because Lebron is 23/24 years old and he's cramping up? Awful, Lebron is much better than Kobe

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:42 am
What was even more amazing was the fact that me and my brother were on youtube looking at the david blane video talking about magnets on balls... this was during the timeout when there was a second left... and my brother, who is so Anti-Lebron thinks its impossible the Cavs will lose this game ... so we were talking, and he was COMPLETELY convince Lebron was making the last shot. Not only shooting it but making it....

I was like "john, so if lebron had to shoot it 40 feet, he's still making it?" He said "definitely". My brothers confident was ridiculous. Like i was shocked he was so confident, Lebron who has not hit many buzzer beaters, was making this.

According to my brother's friend, David Blaine in fact has proven that it is possible to make anyshot using magnets on balls and the rim. He did so 5 years ago. When the NBA found out about it, they hired blaine for a commercial spot to disprove Blaines credibility to a more hollywood incident. Ironically (or not) Blaine begin to deny he had ever tested the theory of magnets on ball, meaning he had never tried it out (buy out? My brother thinks so).

So back to the game. One second left. Then what happens, LeBron hits the Amazing shot and goes in. Great shot right, but now, My brother is even more convinced the NBA did something about it.

It is worth pointing out that i do not personally believe in magnets in the NBA. I think it is preposterous and unnecessary. Plus, my brother's hatred for LeBron sometimes disclears his thinking (he thinks LeBron is on the Juice, too, which i dunno if he is, but they dont seem to test in the NBA is NO ONE has been caught).

But it would be something if 20 years from now, magnets (of all things) had a part in the NBA. Farfetch and unlikely, but their have been crazier things in life. My brother will continue to believe what he thinks he saw yesterday.

Sorry to burst your bubble Migya, your not the only conspiracy theorist.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:30 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:What was even more amazing was the fact that me and my brother were on youtube looking at the david blane video talking about magnets on balls... this was during the timeout when there was a second left... and my brother, who is so Anti-Lebron thinks its impossible the Cavs will lose this game ... so we were talking, and he was COMPLETELY convince Lebron was making the last shot. Not only shooting it but making it....

I was like "john, so if lebron had to shoot it 40 feet, he's still making it?" He said "definitely". My brothers confident was ridiculous. Like i was shocked he was so confident, Lebron who has not hit many buzzer beaters, was making this.

According to my brother's friend, David Blaine in fact has proven that it is possible to make anyshot using magnets on balls and the rim. He did so 5 years ago. When the NBA found out about it, they hired blaine for a commercial spot to disprove Blaines credibility to a more hollywood incident. Ironically (or not) Blaine begin to deny he had ever tested the theory of magnets on ball, meaning he had never tried it out (buy out? My brother thinks so).

So back to the game. One second left. Then what happens, LeBron hits the Amazing shot and goes in. Great shot right, but now, My brother is even more convinced the NBA did something about it.

It is worth pointing out that i do not personally believe in magnets in the NBA. I think it is preposterous and unnecessary. Plus, my brother's hatred for LeBron sometimes disclears his thinking (he thinks LeBron is on the Juice, too, which i dunno if he is, but they dont seem to test in the NBA is NO ONE has been caught).

But it would be something if 20 years from now, magnets (of all things) had a part in the NBA. Farfetch and unlikely, but their have been crazier things in life. My brother will continue to believe what he thinks he saw yesterday.

Sorry to burst your bubble Migya, your not the only conspiracy theorist.


That's such bullshit man. I guess MJ had magnets in balls too. Why is your brother so Anit Lebron? I don't see anything to hate there.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:49 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:What was even more amazing was the fact that me and my brother were on youtube looking at the david blane video talking about magnets on balls... this was during the timeout when there was a second left... and my brother, who is so Anti-Lebron thinks its impossible the Cavs will lose this game ... so we were talking, and he was COMPLETELY convince Lebron was making the last shot. Not only shooting it but making it....

I was like "john, so if lebron had to shoot it 40 feet, he's still making it?" He said "definitely". My brothers confident was ridiculous. Like i was shocked he was so confident, Lebron who has not hit many buzzer beaters, was making this.

According to my brother's friend, David Blaine in fact has proven that it is possible to make anyshot using magnets on balls and the rim. He did so 5 years ago. When the NBA found out about it, they hired blaine for a commercial spot to disprove Blaines credibility to a more hollywood incident. Ironically (or not) Blaine begin to deny he had ever tested the theory of magnets on ball, meaning he had never tried it out (buy out? My brother thinks so).

So back to the game. One second left. Then what happens, LeBron hits the Amazing shot and goes in. Great shot right, but now, My brother is even more convinced the NBA did something about it.

It is worth pointing out that i do not personally believe in magnets in the NBA. I think it is preposterous and unnecessary. Plus, my brother's hatred for LeBron sometimes disclears his thinking (he thinks LeBron is on the Juice, too, which i dunno if he is, but they dont seem to test in the NBA is NO ONE has been caught).

But it would be something if 20 years from now, magnets (of all things) had a part in the NBA. Farfetch and unlikely, but their have been crazier things in life. My brother will continue to believe what he thinks he saw yesterday.

Sorry to burst your bubble Migya, your not the only conspiracy theorist.


That's such bullshit man. I guess MJ had magnets in balls too. Why is your brother so Anit Lebron? I don't see anything to hate there.


haha yea i know..

He hates lebron because he is huge fans with Skip "ridiculousness" Bayless, the opinionated cold-pizza (1st in 10) correspondant from ESPN. Because Skip doesnt like him, he doesnt either. Also, he thinks LeBron's favorism of calls, and excesses traveling is bad for the game and proves he is overrated. I try to tell my brother that it isnt lebrons blame, its the league. SO long as the league lets it slide, lebron with get away with it, and do what he cans. And Steroids. Lastly, He thinks LBJ is on the juice. He is convinced. I am a bit hesitant to completely disagree with his claim, because i dont believe the NBA's drug policy one bit, but it is an outlandish claim with no proof. And maybe, cuz he is such a hater too, who hates nearly everyone (sorry jon). :mrgreen:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:12 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:What was even more amazing was the fact that me and my brother were on youtube looking at the david blane video talking about magnets on balls... this was during the timeout when there was a second left... and my brother, who is so Anti-Lebron thinks its impossible the Cavs will lose this game ... so we were talking, and he was COMPLETELY convince Lebron was making the last shot. Not only shooting it but making it....

I was like "john, so if lebron had to shoot it 40 feet, he's still making it?" He said "definitely". My brothers confident was ridiculous. Like i was shocked he was so confident, Lebron who has not hit many buzzer beaters, was making this.

According to my brother's friend, David Blaine in fact has proven that it is possible to make anyshot using magnets on balls and the rim. He did so 5 years ago. When the NBA found out about it, they hired blaine for a commercial spot to disprove Blaines credibility to a more hollywood incident. Ironically (or not) Blaine begin to deny he had ever tested the theory of magnets on ball, meaning he had never tried it out (buy out? My brother thinks so).

So back to the game. One second left. Then what happens, LeBron hits the Amazing shot and goes in. Great shot right, but now, My brother is even more convinced the NBA did something about it.

It is worth pointing out that i do not personally believe in magnets in the NBA. I think it is preposterous and unnecessary. Plus, my brother's hatred for LeBron sometimes disclears his thinking (he thinks LeBron is on the Juice, too, which i dunno if he is, but they dont seem to test in the NBA is NO ONE has been caught).

But it would be something if 20 years from now, magnets (of all things) had a part in the NBA. Farfetch and unlikely, but their have been crazier things in life. My brother will continue to believe what he thinks he saw yesterday.

Sorry to burst your bubble Migya, your not the only conspiracy theorist.


That's such bullshit man. I guess MJ had magnets in balls too. Why is your brother so Anit Lebron? I don't see anything to hate there.


haha yea i know..

He hates lebron because he is huge fans with Skip "ridiculousness" Bayless, the opinionated cold-pizza (1st in 10) correspondant from ESPN. Because Skip doesnt like him, he doesnt either. Also, he thinks LeBron's favorism of calls, and excesses traveling is bad for the game and proves he is overrated. I try to tell my brother that it isnt lebrons blame, its the league. SO long as the league lets it slide, lebron with get away with it, and do what he cans. And Steroids. Lastly, He thinks LBJ is on the juice. He is convinced. I am a bit hesitant to completely disagree with his claim, because i dont believe the NBA's drug policy one bit, but it is an outlandish claim with no proof. And maybe, cuz he is such a hater too, who hates nearly everyone (sorry jon). :mrgreen:


Wow that's a lot of stuff there Ritzy. I use to hate that about Jordan too, the favoritism in calls and such. Lebron did get called for travelling yesterday in a big spot. But that's not bad for the game, there are tons of other players who are bad for the game. lol. I just think Lebron is so good for the league because he actually looks like he has a passion for the game and for winning. The juicing thing , i don't know, Lebron was pretty damn big in high school, he would of had to start juicing then, but i wouldn't see why he would.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:28 am
I really cant stand it when someone hates something/someone just because its "popular" or because everyone likes it/them.

Drives me insane...........its like they think they have liscence to say "Ohh, look how informed and smart I am, because I dont follow the crowd"..............well, sometimes, the thing the crowd follows is pretty damned good.

To be honest with you, I dont believe LeBron gets favouritism............all the players that supposedly get all the favouritism, Wade, MJ, Shaq, Iverson, Kobe, LeBron and all the others...........is it a co-incidence that they are the best athletes in the league? and can do things physically that so many others can not............hence, these "extraordinary" players are very difficult to officiate when compared to the rest..........so mistakes happen, simply because sometimes your watching these guys and your thinking "How the hell did he do that???"............well, he just did.

For me, like with MJ, we need to savour every moment we get to see of LeBron's...........because there will not be another like him for a long time, and like most of can say "I was there to see MJ play"..........we will be saying the same about LeBron when hes gone.

Guy is an enigma, can do things no-one else in the league can...........I was watching him against Orlando in Game 1, blocking Howard, running around like a gazelle and I just had this thought running over in my head = "Man, he is a BETTER all round athlete than MJ"

I mean, hes quicker than MJ, is more athletic, more agile, is bigger, stronger, wider, taller...........all LeBron needs is a more consistent killer instinct and ability to take over games more, and he is there with MJ..........and then he will pass him.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:57 am
bigstrads wrote:For me, like with MJ, we need to savour every moment we get to see of LeBron's...........because there will not be another like him for a long time, and like most of can say "I was there to see MJ play"..........we will be saying the same about LeBron when hes gone.


amen brother

:cheers:
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

All Star
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:49 am
Location: Sunnyvale
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:49 pm
i dont think its possible that Lebron is on the juice.

Wasn't he on the olympic team in Beijing? as well as the Athens game? I am pretty sure he isn't juicing because the drug testing during the olympics are pretty strict.

and yes people on team sports have been caught
http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/baseball/sto ... drugs.html
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron