NBA Playoffs Discussion

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:51 pm
If Rockets pull it off, that would be one of the biggest upsets ever, without their two best players. Celts are doing great without Garnett, but I think Magic will win.

I want a Rockets or Nuggets v Magic final

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:45 pm
migya wrote:If Rockets pull it off, that would be one of the biggest upsets ever, without their two best players. Celts are doing great without Garnett, but I think Magic will win.

Here's what makes the Celtics the better team over the Lakers and the reason why they beat the Lakers last year. They're tougher in nearly every aspect of the game. Mentally tough, physically tough. Gasol is just too soft. Bynum is MIA. Farmar and Vujacic are MIA once again. Kobe isn't being much of a leader. And Phil is making uncharacteristic decisions.

This is also the reason why they haven't beaten this Rocket team, yet. When you play a team that plays hard night in, night out, you're going to be in for one, especially when the Lakers play so soft.

Honestly, even though I'd like watching a Kobe vs LeBron match up, the Lakers DO NOT DESERVE to be in the Finals the way they're playing. The Celtics, Magic, Cavs, Nuggets, and Rockets belong there. You can really notice the difference between those teams and the Lakers.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:49 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:If Rockets pull it off, that would be one of the biggest upsets ever, without their two best players. Celts are doing great without Garnett, but I think Magic will win.

Here's what makes the Celtics the better team over the Lakers and the reason why they beat the Lakers last year. They're tougher in nearly every aspect of the game. Mentally tough, physically tough. Gasol is just too soft. Bynum is MIA. Farmar and Vujacic are MIA once again. Kobe isn't being much of a leader. And Phil is making uncharacteristic decisions.

This is also the reason why they haven't beaten this Rocket team, yet. When you play a team that plays hard night in, night out, you're going to be in for one, especially when the Lakers play so soft.

Honestly, even though I'd like watching a Kobe vs LeBron match up, the Lakers DO NOT DESERVE to be in the Finals the way they're playing. The Celtics, Magic, Cavs, Nuggets, and Rockets belong there. You can really notice the difference between those teams and the Lakers.

You said it well. I haven't watched the Lakers these playoffs yet but they are a bit soft, though more than efficient enough to be arguably the best team in the nba. Gasol, as much as I respect him, has always been more towards the soft side, but he has been big many times this season. I don't like the Lakers and so don't want them to win, but wouldn't be surprised if they won it all this season

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:16 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:

You said it well. I haven't watched the Lakers these playoffs yet but they are a bit soft, though more than efficient enough to be arguably the best team in the nba. Gasol, as much as I respect him, has always been more towards the soft side, but he has been big many times this season. I don't like the Lakers and so don't want them to win, but wouldn't be surprised if they won it all this season

Gasol isn't much of a banger, anyway. He relies on his quick footwork and soft touch. Bynum is still young, though, and still developing. The Lakers are the exact opposite of the Cavs. They look great on paper, but when you watch them play, they're not as intimidating.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:58 pm
The Fakers should win a blow out at Staples. I expect Kobe to come out blazing and the refs to influence the result with quick whistles on the Houston bigs. It is game 7 for the biggest show in town and with a recession affecting the bottom line, good luck having Houston in the NBA finals.

Regardless the close series; exposes three things.

1. Like the NCAA ... matchups make a bigger difference with more parity among the Western conference elite (Fisher can't match the speed of Brooks) which why Ellis is 10 x the PG of Watson; a team needs a go to favorable mismatch

2. Talent does not win championships, elite teams win championships ... 9 times out of 10 it is the no name rotation player that elevates his game that determines the outcome (Big Shot Bob tip that doomed Adleman Queens, the money buckets from Paxson and later Armstrong that solidified MJ/Phils championships, the Berkely Powe guy that killed the Gasoft led Fakers last year)

3. Beating an imploding Pistons, and immature Hawks is a lot, lot easier to beat than the very veteran, poised and mentally battled Rockets.

It is not hard to spot the leaders in the NBA playoffs (Howard, Pierce, Battier, Chauncey and LeBron) The NBA does need a good villan like the self-aborbed, I AM THE TEAM KOBE, and another game 7 against the likes of both Chauncey and LeBron would fill the coffers of one David Stern.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:04 am
Quazza wrote:lol the first one is wicked

Post! Season! Post Seasuun!

Wooo! 20 dollar Chinese food!

Wooo! Beef and Brocoli!

I need a BASKETBALL IN MY HANDS!

23! 2,3!

:) anyone know who does lebron's voice? sounds familiar.

Man, nothing would make me happier tom to see the rockets upset the LA puddles. and yay LOTTERY DRAWING IS ON TUESDAY!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:11 am
Wow!!!

Ive got coverage of the Fakers vs Rockets game today............ON UK TV!!!

Which is ridiculously rare............so Im putting on my Rockets hat for one night! :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:18 pm
Jesus, horrible game for the Rockets.............how the Fakers managed to lose to this bunch is insane.

Fakers just swarming them, forcing bad shots, turnovers, doubles on Scola (Why not? theres no-one else) clogging passing lanes............nasty stuff for the Rockets.

Ohh well, Im hoping Denver will expose the Fakers for the bunch of weak ass p*ssies they are.

Finally, watching a game with Scola and Gasol in is like.............well, its like watching two guys whos feet are super glued to the floor but still try their damndest to break free of their permanent fixing to the hardwood............especially Scola, man its painful to watch him try to do anything but shot a jumper or jump straight up, his drives are freakin funny to watch. :wink:

The most entertaining thing right now is watching Battyman defend Kobe by challenging his shots with his hand in his face..........literally..........if you havnt seen it, its weird as hell, especially how Batty has to contort his body every time he challenges, just so he doesnt commit a foul.

Ohh and yeah, Lamar Odom is a joke of a player.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:27 pm
Pietrus and his Magic 9 wins/ 5 losses ... Nellie since he dismantled the We Believe roster 0-2 for playoffs appearance, we can pretty much guarantee 0-3 for the end of next year.

Nice game, Cavs may still win the series, but at least it looks like a nice competitive long series unlike Denver and Fakers which could easily turn to a Faker route.

Adding insult to injury, Orlando shot .450 from the three point line while we got Rowell's fav Jackson (.33), Crawford (Nellie's GMing again) .33, Ellis (31%) and overpaid Mags 25.3% as our top shooters and their lousy 3pt %.

This may be obvious but we had a much better team (in overall talent) before Nellie started his meddling, especially in the three point department.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:38 pm
dareedle wrote:Nice game, Cavs may still win the series, but at least it looks like a nice competitive long series unlike Denver and Fakers which could easily turn to a Faker route.

How so? Denver only lost by 2. In the games they've lost this postseason, they lost by 3 or less. Plus, they could of won the game had they finished the game. Denver and the Lakers will go 7.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:56 pm
Cleveland's supporting cast looks a bit off... where Orlando just came off a tough series. They are cooking on all cylinders. If Lebron has to do it all, Cleveland is done. I bet they will pull it together though and make it a tough series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:21 am
Jackattack wrote:Cleveland's supporting cast looks a bit off... where Orlando just came off a tough series. They are cooking on all cylinders. If Lebron has to do it all, Cleveland is done. I bet they will pull it together though and make it a tough series.

Orlando just got a huge win by getting game one and in Cleveland. They have a slightly better supporting cast for Dwight than Lebron has around him. Will be interesting to see if Magic can steal game two as well

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:27 pm
migya wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Cleveland's supporting cast looks a bit off... where Orlando just came off a tough series. They are cooking on all cylinders. If Lebron has to do it all, Cleveland is done. I bet they will pull it together though and make it a tough series.

Orlando just got a huge win by getting game one and in Cleveland. They have a slightly better supporting cast for Dwight than Lebron has around him. Will be interesting to see if Magic can steal game two as well

Well, Cleveland was up by 16. They just forgot to maintain the lead. So they actually had the game in their favor, they just screwed it up. But you definitely cannot give a team like the Magic life, or else they're going to take advantage of it or scare you.

Just like the Lakers. They were up 14 before half, and the Nuggets closed the half on a 14-1 run to only trail by a point before half time. The Nuggets were playing lazily throughout the first half. Then, they started to execute in the second half much better.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:11 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Well, Cleveland was up by 16. They just forgot to maintain the lead. So they actually had the game in their favor, they just screwed it up. But you definitely cannot give a team like the Magic life, or else they're going to take advantage of it or scare you.

Just like the Lakers. They were up 14 before half, and the Nuggets closed the half on a 14-1 run to only trail by a point before half time. The Nuggets were playing lazily throughout the first half. Then, they started to execute in the second half much better.

Nuggets stole one from the Lakers and have the advantage now. These Nugs really look for real. What a great turnaround for them and nice to see

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:14 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Nuggets stole one from the Lakers and have the advantage now. These Nugs really look for real. What a great turnaround for them and nice to see

You can say that again. they deserved to win the first one as well. will see how LA responds.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum