NBA Playoffs Discussion

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:44 pm
Derrick Rose and the Bulls have definitely been the story thus far in the playoffs. That was an amazing performance and I just love Roses game.

Cavs vs. Pistons - snooze fest, only want to see Lebron's highlights.
Magic vs Sixers - Saw the first half and it was really boring. Upset in the first game, but I think the Magic pull this one out
Hawks vs Heat - missed this game too, but was shocked to see that the Heat got so shut down. Hopefully this becomes a closer series because there are a lot of fun players to watch in this one. I think D wade will make sure that his team does not go down so easy the rest of this series.
Lakers vs Jazz - Love him or hate him, Kobe put on a pretty amazing performance. Most of his shots involved hitting turnaround jumpers with 2-3 guys in his face. Hope to see The Lake Show eliminate the Jazz in this one because I just can't stand the Jazz.
Nuggets vs Hornets - I expect a closer series and like this matchup. Definitely a lot of star power in this matchup.
Mavs vs Spurs - most boring game of the opening round. Won't be watching much if any of this series.
Blazers vs Rockets - Was expecting more from the Blazers and hopefully they rebound because I would like to see this team play the Lakers in the next round
Get Money. Get Paid.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:22 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:Magic vs Sixers - Saw the first half and it was really boring. Upset in the first game, but I think the Magic pull this one out

Agreed. The 4th quarter was the only time I watched, which was when it started getting exciting. I really think the only reason why the Sixers came back is because the life they received. Howard left for a while because of an injury, the Sixers suddenly find motivation, and they win it.

Hawks vs Heat - missed this game too, but was shocked to see that the Heat got so shut down. Hopefully this becomes a closer series because there are a lot of fun players to watch in this one. I think D wade will make sure that his team does not go down so easy the rest of this series.

That was an ugly game. Miami got torn up, bad. This series should either be a clean sweep, or it'll end in 5.

Nuggets vs Hornets - I expect a closer series and like this matchup. Definitely a lot of star power in this matchup.

I think when the series goes into New Orleans, that's when the series changes. I think Denver goes into New Orleans up 2-0, but the Hornets tie it up 2-2 leaving New Orleans. That trade for Chauncey Billups is the only reason Denver is in this position.

Blazers vs Rockets - Was expecting more from the Blazers and hopefully they rebound because I would like to see this team play the Lakers in the next round

It surprised me to see how inexperience seemed to play a factor in this game and not in the Chicago/Boston game one. It'll be interesting to see how the Blazers respond to that game one blowout.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:34 pm
i don't care too much for any other team, but these bulls-celtics games are totally awesome :D
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:54 pm
martin wrote:i don't care too much for any other team, but these bulls-celtics games are totally awesome :D

RAllen just won the game on a three. Definately a great series so far. Rondo outplays Rose this time and by a fair bit. Gordon just a monster this game, but Allen able to do alot himself and come through at the end. Had celts lost that, they would be gone

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:21 pm
Another great game tonight between Boston and Chicago. Ben Gordon was amazing tonight, to push the champs back up against a wall again. Ray Allen came up huge in the second half and especially at the end of the game. However, with the way the Bulls were able to take one in Boston and then take the Celtics to the wire in a must win game for Boston really makes me think that the Bulls are going to pull the upset in this one. They may have lost a game, but are still have the upper hand in the series. They are not afraid at all and should be really confident going back home. Reminds me of how the Dubs went into Dallas and stood up to one of the NBAs giants in 07. Boston when healthy is a better team than those Mavs were, but without KG I wouldn't call the upset as significant if the Bulls pull this out. But I think the Bulls might blow Boston out in Chicago, they look pretty confident right now, and Rondo needs to play well on the road for this one to be close.
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:25 am
lol didn't know the Bulls picked up DeMarcus Nelson.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:19 am
Man, I just managed to watch the Chicago vs Boston Game 1..............f*ck me, what a performance from Rose. :shock:

Great game, great young player. :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:34 am
bigstrads wrote:Man, I just managed to watch the Chicago vs Boston Game 1..............f*ck me, what a performance from Rose. :shock:

Don't watch the second, then. Gordon is absolutely amazing, but Rondo overplays Rose... badly.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:46 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Man, I just managed to watch the Chicago vs Boston Game 1..............f*ck me, what a performance from Rose. :shock:

Don't watch the second, then. Gordon is absolutely amazing, but Rondo overplays Rose... badly.

Yeah, looks that way.

The thing that impressed me most with Rose though (having not seen much of him apart from a couple of games and the highlights) was just his demeanor and character.

I dont know why but I always thought he was abit of a cocky sh*t, full of himself and all that.............guess I thought he just had that look about him............but man, I couldnt be more wrong.

The kid is humble as hell, understands what he has to do get better and is willing to put in the hours and effort to do it............he is just going to get better and better, from what he already is as a powerful, fast, fearless young PG now.

Ohh and by the way, does anyone else think Nancy Lieberman is rude as f*ck?

I mean damn, Id never seen her as a sideline reporter before, and I thought she was awful...........just seemed really dis-interested and plain rude to people.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22 am
bigstrads wrote:The thing that impressed me most with Rose though (having not seen much of him apart from a couple of games and the highlights) was just his demeanor and character.

I dont know why but I always thought he was abit of a cocky sh*t, full of himself and all that.............guess I thought he just had that look about him............but man, I couldnt be more wrong.

The kid is humble as hell, understands what he has to do get better and is willing to put in the hours and effort to do it............he is just going to get better and better, from what he already is as a powerful, fast, fearless young PG now.

Yeah, I agree. I don't see the CP potential to ever play at MVP level, but he belongs in the second tier of PGs. Guys that make their teammates better, that will be probably go to several all stars and that, if surrounded by proper talent, can have deep runs in the playoffs. Kinda like Deron Williams (their games do not resemble each other much, but they're both able to impact a game by themselves... just not to the point CP does).

bigstrads wrote:Ohh and by the way, does anyone else think Nancy Lieberman is rude as f*ck?

I mean damn, Id never seen her as a sideline reporter before, and I thought she was awful...........just seemed really dis-interested and plain rude to people.

I don't waste any time watching, or even listening to sideline reporters, so I can't help you with that. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:34 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:The thing that impressed me most with Rose though (having not seen much of him apart from a couple of games and the highlights) was just his demeanor and character.

Yeah, I agree. I don't see the CP potential to ever play at MVP level, but he belongs in the second tier of PGs. Guys that make their teammates better, that will be probably go to several all stars and that, if surrounded by proper talent, can have deep runs in the playoffs. Kinda like Deron Williams (their games do not resemble each other much, but they're both able to impact a game by themselves... just not to the point CP does).

I see alot of star potential in Rose. He could well be a superstar and a top 10 player for many years

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:53 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I see alot of star potential in Rose. He could well be a superstar and a top 10 player for many years

I agree. I think he can be CP potential, but he won't achieve it. I think over time, he'll become the second best PG in the NBA after Paul. He's got it all... leadership, perserverance, great character. He can score the ball, share the rock, play defense, and make his teammates better. Look how different Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas were this year compared to other years. Sure, they're starting to get used to the NBA now, but you can't tell me that if Rose wasn't playing, those young guns would still show the composure they did in the first two games of the series.

Playoffs are a whole different level. And for Rose to come out and play like a veteran was awesome to watch. You can't say the same for Michael Beasley.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 pm
not sure if he deserves his own thread but props to mutumbo... guy's got so much heart, and it was tons fun watching him over the years.

it's going to be sad not to see him wagging his finger after he blocks tha shiit out of some punk, anymore.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:20 pm
Yeah, I'll miss him. Sad to see him go because of an injury rather than on his own. The only reason why he's still playing is because he gives part of his salary to his country to help them out with healthcare and other stuff. Great man.

On a different note, what a showing by Miami. I thought they were going to be down 0-2 going back home. But after Wade talked to Alonzo Mourning, him and Haslem got the team together and gave them a no BS speech. And what happened? The team got it together tonight and outplayed the Hawks.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:24 pm
xbay wrote:On a different note, what a showing by Miami. I thought they were going to be down 0-2 going back home. But after Wade talked to Alonzo Mourning, him and Haslem got the team together and gave them a no BS speech. And what happened? The team got it together tonight and outplayed the Hawks.

I told you all it was going to be a big series. It's really close, because Atlanta has the better roster, but Wade was a MVP contender, and nobody on the Hawks is close to that level. With some help from his teammates, Wade and the Heat have a great chance to go past the first round.

On the other side, the Hornets look done...
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum