Al Harrington's boneheadedness TWICE IN A ROW!

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:22 pm
Its hard to believe one person could be this idiotic.

For those of you that aren't interested in the Clippers.
They played the Knicks a few months back. The Knicks were up 3 with 25 seconds left after a Harrington dunk but Harrington hits the backboard on his way down and gets called for a Tech. ZBo scores on the next posession and the Knicks lose in OT.

Today the Clips play the Knicks at home. With 27 seconds left and the Knicks up 1.. Harrington gets a easy dunk so Knicks are up 3... guess what he does? he does a pull up on the rim and gets hit with a tech. ZBo gets freethrows on the next possession and ties the game. Knicks lose in OT.

I swear you can't make this stuff up. Al Harrington IS AMAZING! I am so glad we got rid of this guy. He has no basketball IQ and is basically a Jackson clone without the passing. Imagine if we still had both of these guys on our team. We'd probably have half the wins.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:29 pm
saintdee wrote:Its hard to believe one person could be this idiotic.

For those of you that aren't interested in the Clippers.
They played the Knicks a few months back. The Knicks were up 3 with 25 seconds left after a Harrington dunk but Harrington hits the backboard on his way down and gets called for a Tech. ZBo scores on the next posession and the Knicks lose in OT.

Today the Clips play the Knicks at home. With 27 seconds left and the Knicks up 1.. Harrington gets a easy dunk so Knicks are up 3... guess what he does? he does a pull up on the rim and gets hit with a tech. ZBo gets freethrows on the next possession and ties the game. Knicks lose in OT.

I swear you can't make this stuff up. Al Harrington IS AMAZING! I am so glad we got rid of this guy. He has no basketball IQ and is basically a Jackson clone without the passing. Imagine if we still had both of these guys on our team. We'd probably have half the wins.

Yet without both of them we never would have made a playoff run. Funny how things can be looked at in two different lights.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:03 am
Funny story. It would be nice to get those 2 film clips together. Harrington is a rather one dimensional adrenaline junkie with, as you said, a very low basketball IQ. Sjax , even with his impulsive mistakes is craftier and a much more complete player.
War Years
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:37 pm
I know I've done my fair bit of Jack Bashing on here, but he's so much better than harrington it's not funny

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:52 pm
War Years wrote:Funny story. It would be nice to get those 2 film clips together. Harrington is a rather one dimensional adrenaline junkie with, as you said, a very low basketball IQ. Sjax , even with his impulsive mistakes is craftier and a much more complete player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKEVyM7JdjQ
there it is!

BTW I much prefer Jackson to Harrington but you gotta admit they both do similar things. they take it to the hole and often turns it over and they both shoot the 3s and are incredibly streaky.

Like I said Jackson is better because Jackson passes the ball.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:56 pm
saintdee wrote:
War Years wrote:Funny story. It would be nice to get those 2 film clips together. Harrington is a rather one dimensional adrenaline junkie with, as you said, a very low basketball IQ. Sjax , even with his impulsive mistakes is craftier and a much more complete player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKEVyM7JdjQ
there it is!

BTW I much prefer Jackson to Harrington but you gotta admit they both do similar things. they take it to the hole and often turns it over and they both shoot the 3s and are incredibly streaky.

Like I said Jackson is better because Jackson passes the ball.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

D'Antoni was pretty pissed both times. Made me laugh for a few minutes! :mrgreen:

So many rules nowadays it is stupid. Twenty years ago they didn't have a quarter the rules and technicalities they have now. Can't even breath wrong and you might get called for something and/or fined. That second one, Harrington had reason to hang on the ring for a little bit, because Thornton was in fact underneath him for a bit. Better to be safe than sorry. Just a bullshiit call

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:43 pm
migya wrote:That second one, Harrington had reason to hang on the ring for a little bit, because Thornton was in fact underneath him for a bit. Better to be safe than sorry. Just a bullshiit call

i think that one is a matter of perception. i think he could have hung on the rim as to not hit thornton, but he didnt have to do a pull up. when he started pulling up, he hadnt even seen thornton there yet. he did it a few times here too that i was shocked at his not getting a T.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:23 pm
Now that was a bullshit call on the 2nd one. How can you really make that call so late in the game? The NBA has gotten so lame! I partially have to blame ESPN because they love to have lawyers like John Clayton talk about sports. More techs mean more lawyer talk from ESPN and their largely lawyer-ish audience. Haha I know it's a stretch

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:04 pm
David Wood wrote:Now that was a bullshit call on the 2nd one. How can you really make that call so late in the game? The NBA has gotten so lame! I partially have to blame ESPN because they love to have lawyers like John Clayton talk about sports. More techs mean more lawyer talk from ESPN and their largely lawyer-ish audience. Haha I know it's a stretch

haha yeah it is a huge stretch... plus john clayton is an NFL expert. And i got no clue what u were getting at with Lawyerish audience. But ESPN has the least professional analysts for the BBALL segments.

But i agree with you, the NBA is lame. I stop watching games weeks ago. I could really care less. Even highlights bore me. The league is rig, and the fans are willing to accept this bullcrap that we are given. I can't even blame the warriors losing, cuz i still watch MLB, NCAA sports and NFL despite my teams there too being crappy.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:27 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
David Wood wrote:Now that was a bullshit call on the 2nd one. How can you really make that call so late in the game? The NBA has gotten so lame! I partially have to blame ESPN because they love to have lawyers like John Clayton talk about sports. More techs mean more lawyer talk from ESPN and their largely lawyer-ish audience. Haha I know it's a stretch

haha yeah it is a huge stretch... plus john clayton is an NFL expert. And i got no clue what u were getting at with Lawyerish audience. But ESPN has the least professional analysts for the BBALL segments.

But i agree with you, the NBA is lame. I stop watching games weeks ago. I could really care less. Even highlights bore me. The league is rig, and the fans are willing to accept this bullcrap that we are given. I can't even blame the warriors losing, cuz i still watch MLB, NCAA sports and NFL despite my teams there too being crappy.

Alright, to try and avoid sounding like a nut, i'll explain myself. ESPN is basically a 24-hour sports news channel. But the problem is there isn't 24 hours worth of sports news. So for filler, they ramble about a lot of off the field/court stuff. Steroids, trouble with the law, drama and the rest of it. It becomes a political station half the time. They actually bring in lawyers to talk about situations. Now I know some of this is interesting, like of course I want to see coverage of the Nancy Kerrigan attack or OJ trial. But they do too much too often.

So I think that the NBA has concluded that by T'ing everybody up, there is more drama, more stories, more interest and more money. I mean I can't imagine they do it strictly to set an example for the kids. But hey, maybe I'm being a tinfoiler

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:52 pm
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/knicks/a ... t_goo.html

not even the knicks like Al.

Al is not and will never be the man on any team. In some ways he reminds me of Ben Gordon... someone who thinks he is better than he actually is. He would be a good sixth man a la maggs if he could ever accept that role.
Last edited by saintdee on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:14 pm
saintdee wrote:http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/knicks/archives/2009/03/al-l_is_not_goo.html

not even the knicks like Al.

Al is and will never be the man on any team. In some ways he reminds me of Ben Gordon... someone who thinks he is better than he actually is.

yeah, he is a joke... which i don't get why people complain why harrington is gone. Dude is cancer.

But speaking of the knicks, i like it how they call D'Antoni 'Daphoney' down there.... haha that's brilliant... only in NY. BTW, they should be thankful for having him as their coach... don't they remember Isiah?

Return to NBA Forum