NBA bans Wade's band

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:22 am
Wade's game last night was bananas. I really think he should be MVP if he can keep this level of play up. Screw the team records.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:15 pm
metalface wrote:Wade's game last night was bananas. I really think he should be MVP if he can keep this level of play up. Screw the team records.

This **** is bananas.... b-a-n-a-n-a-s :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:16 pm
No joke. What he did last night was nothing short of amazing. Everyone wants to talk about Kobe and LeBron for MVP. But look at Wade and his numbers and what he's done. The record isn't as good as the Lakers or Cavs, but when you look at how Wade has had to save the Heat more times than LeBron and Kobe have had to their teams, Wade deserves it. Or at least, some MAJOR consideration.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:05 pm
xbay wrote:No joke. What he did last night was nothing short of amazing. Everyone wants to talk about Kobe and LeBron for MVP. But look at Wade and his numbers and what he's done. The record isn't as good as the Lakers or Cavs, but when you look at how Wade has had to save the Heat more times than LeBron and Kobe have had to their teams, Wade deserves it. Or at least, some MAJOR consideration.

haha yeah, i didnt watch the game (i wish i had league pass, but im poor) but i did catch the highlights...that buzzer beater was just rediculous. I still would have Wade 3rd in the MVP race... but anything can happen in a month.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:16 am
xbay wrote:No joke. What he did last night was nothing short of amazing. Everyone wants to talk about Kobe and LeBron for MVP. But look at Wade and his numbers and what he's done. The record isn't as good as the Lakers or Cavs, but when you look at how Wade has had to save the Heat more times than LeBron and Kobe have had to their teams, Wade deserves it. Or at least, some MAJOR consideration.

Still... Lebron has the Cavs as true contenders by himself, and I can't see the Heat in that position, no matter how well Wade plays. I'd still pick Lebron over him as MVP, although only by a hair.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:35 am
TMC wrote:

Still... Lebron has the Cavs as true contenders by himself, and I can't see the Heat in that position, no matter how well Wade plays. I'd still pick Lebron over him as MVP, although only by a hair.

I disagree, the Cavs have talent and the pieces there seem to finally fit well. Mo Williams has been great for them, getting better as the season went on, Delonte has been just right, shooting well for them, BWallace has done what he does in relatively short minutes, same with Varejao, both real good defeders and role players. All this with Ilgauskas injured a fair bit.

The Heat have relative garbage around Wade. Jermaine is a has been that rebounds and blocks a bit, sort of like BWallace does for the Cavs, just much more expensive, Moon is decent but a role player only that has his limits, Haslem is somewhat a beast on the boards but does nothing else that well, scores decently pretty much and Beasley has finally started playing like a top pick, but even he doesn't seem to be that good yet. Chalmers is playing out of his mind this season, but it is all totally because of Wade

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:57 pm
Dwayne Wade is by FAR the best player in the NBA. It's not even close right now.

That said, the band aid is the gayest thing I have ever seen in my life. Seriously he could walk in and suck 5 dicks in a row and that still wouldn't be as gay as that band-aid

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:25 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
metalface wrote:Wade's game last night was bananas. I really think he should be MVP if he can keep this level of play up. Screw the team records.

This **** is bananas.... b-a-n-a-n-a-s :mrgreen:

hahaha...i had a feeling someone would start singin it
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:02 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I disagree, the Cavs have talent and the pieces there seem to finally fit well. Mo Williams has been great for them, getting better as the season went on, Delonte has been just right, shooting well for them, BWallace has done what he does in relatively short minutes, same with Varejao, both real good defeders and role players. All this with Ilgauskas injured a fair bit.

The Heat have relative garbage around Wade. Jermaine is a has been that rebounds and blocks a bit, sort of like BWallace does for the Cavs, just much more expensive, Moon is decent but a role player only that has his limits, Haslem is somewhat a beast on the boards but does nothing else that well, scores decently pretty much and Beasley has finally started playing like a top pick, but even he doesn't seem to be that good yet. Chalmers is playing out of his mind this season, but it is all totally because of Wade

I agree.

The Cavs have suddenly become a threat. Last year, they were somewhat. But by adding Mo Williams, the team has played much better and is the perfect compliment to LeBron. The team's role players have played so well.

Wade only has O'Neal, Beasley, Chalmers, and his favorite ally-oop throwing mate... Jamario Moon. He really has nothing else.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:51 pm
Swap the 2 players. Miami would improve, the Cavs would slip a bit

imo
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:03 pm
Quazza wrote:Swap the 2 players. Miami would improve, the Cavs would slip a bit

imo

Don't think so and it's too hard to conclude which of the two players is better right now. I still think Lebron is better, as his extra height and slightlybigger build make it easier for him, but Wade has done better this season, carrying a garbage team to the playoffs

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:29 pm
well see that's it. Take Lebron out of the Cavs and hey presto- Garbage

Yes I know Mo is good, but the Cavs made the eastern finals without him

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:32 pm
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:Swap the 2 players. Miami would improve, the Cavs would slip a bit

imo

Don't think so and it's too hard to conclude which of the two players is better right now. I still think Lebron is better, as his extra height and slightlybigger build make it easier for him, but Wade has done better this season, carrying a garbage team to the playoffs

it IS hard to conclude, but i would have to agree with quazza on this one...

if lebron was on the heat, you can put him at any position and he'll succeed..basically, put him at the 2 and he's doing the same sh*t he's doing now. put wade on the cavs and now you got west on the bench and pavlovic or wally starting at 3, when west is clearly the better defender. mo will, west, and wade would just be too small for a starting lineup. you certainly can do it, but it would be very difficult as wade would likely pick up some quick fouls due to his size disadvantage.

but again, very hard to conclude...and the comment is that the cavs would slip a bit...not much.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:39 pm
Quazza wrote:well see that's it. Take Lebron out of the Cavs and hey presto- Garbage

Take away both players from their teams and then you see how it is - Cavs are garbage but lead by an allstar that is not declining, in Mo Williams. Cavs also have always capable Center in Ilgauskas. Heat have role players and declining players (Jermaine) only and would likely not win more than 10-12 games

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:15 pm
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:well see that's it. Take Lebron out of the Cavs and hey presto- Garbage

Take away both players from their teams and then you see how it is - Cavs are garbage but lead by an allstar that is not declining, in Mo Williams. Cavs also have always capable Center in Ilgauskas. Heat have role players and declining players (Jermaine) only and would likely not win more than 10-12 games

Mo Williams is no All Star without Lebron. Hell he only made it as an injury reserve with him
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum