NBA bans Wade's band

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:04 pm
ya still missing the greatest sport in world.....Australian Rules Football

;)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:45 pm
War Years wrote:
it is creative, cuz of the play of words. Band aid to band wade... its pretty good. Plus, each game, there was a different words or images that represented him, i thought it was cool. He had an American flag in one game. Flash written, lightning bolt, etc

Forgive me, I get it now Mr. Crackerz.

I saw the flag, and I thought it was cool too. Let's face it, if anybody should be grateful for the American economic system it should be him, and at least, he is.

And in a rare moment, while I'm waxing patriotic. We sure got great sports! I'm glad we never bought that soccer thing, no offense at all intended to my foreign poster friends on this board.

haha i like soccer a lot, but i do like football, basketball, baseball, and hockey better. maybe even tennis and golf ahead of it. i do enjoy the World Cup greatly, best month of sports every 4 years besides the olympics... lotta passion from our and other nation's teams.

USA, Spain, and Mexico baby!

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:03 am
Quazza wrote:ya still missing the greatest sport in world.....Australian Rules Football

;)

That's interesting Quazza, is that informal football?, Or is it played professionally? How's that different from World Football?

Austrailian Rules Football, it sounds like it would be a little more like wrestling.
War Years

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:42 pm
I think once Wade said that he was thinking about actually selling his Band-Wade's did Stern decide to step in. If i wanted to be barraged with advertisements while watching something, I'd watch NASCAR. But I'd never stoop that low.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:33 pm
War Years wrote:
Quazza wrote:ya still missing the greatest sport in world.....Australian Rules Football

;)

That's interesting Quazza, is that informal football?, Or is it played professionally? How's that different from World Football?

Austrailian Rules Football, it sounds like it would be a little more like wrestling.

professional. And totally different than "soccer" A lot tougher/harder. The grand final generally gets around 100,000 people at it. Highlights from last year,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xHk1dOy ... 1&index=41
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:35 pm
Which would you say is tougher? Rugby or Aussie Rules Football?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:34 pm
xbay wrote:Which would you say is tougher? Rugby or Aussie Rules Football?

tough one, but even as an avid aussie rules fan, I'd have to say Rugby. 2 very different games though
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:06 pm
Quazza wrote:

tough one, but even as an avid aussie rules fan, I'd have to say Rugby. 2 very different games though

Don't they wear some padding in Rugby, though? When you showed me that video of Aussie Rules, I didn't see any padding... just the clothes protecting their skin.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:08 pm
i was watching Sports Science today and it was the episode about velocity and impact and they did a football vs rugby demo. apparently americans are considered pansies compared in the eyes of rugby fans from other countries because they wear pads in football. but in an experiment on the show they showed that football players give and take more impact than rugby players, it's just absorbed by the pads and spread over a bigger area...so instead of a lot of hurt in one spot, theres decent pain in a bunch of spots of a certain area. so football makes and takes harder hits, and rugby is just more dangerous.

makes sense, cuz with pads you dont worry about getting injured as much so you can put more strength into the hit. so id think any sport with pads (hockey, american football) could deliver harder hits than in sports without pads like rugby and soccer. havent seen australian rules, so im not sure about that.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:46 am
Good.

let's just focus on basketball and none of this other bull shall we? I'm not ice cold, I love Chad Johnson's end zone dances, celebrations after sick dunks, etc. but all this style comes from a result of good performance.

customized band-aids? no thank you. If he did, like a Rip Hamilton face mask thing for good luck, that's fine. just don't put stupid designs on it.

what's next? bedazzled head bands and compression sleeves with stupid messages on them? Be entertaining by playing well. Last thing the NBA needs is a bunch of Denis Rodman attention whores.

C'mon wade you're a grown as man.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:52 am
E-Man wrote:i was watching Sports Science today and it was the episode about velocity and impact and they did a football vs rugby demo. apparently americans are considered pansies compared in the eyes of rugby fans from other countries because they wear pads in football. but in an experiment on the show they showed that football players give and take more impact than rugby players, it's just absorbed by the pads and spread over a bigger area...so instead of a lot of hurt in one spot, theres decent pain in a bunch of spots of a certain area. so football makes and takes harder hits, and rugby is just more dangerous.

makes sense, cuz with pads you dont worry about getting injured as much so you can put more strength into the hit. so id think any sport with pads (hockey, american football) could deliver harder hits than in sports without pads like rugby and soccer. havent seen australian rules, so im not sure about that.

the physical trainer at my high school had a big poster of this in her office/exam room. I'm betting that really hurts. I thought about playing club rugby, but then I remembered this photo and I changed my mind.

U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:13 am
xbay wrote:
Quazza wrote:

Don't they wear some padding in Rugby, though? When you showed me that video of Aussie Rules, I didn't see any padding... just the clothes protecting their skin.

ha spot on. JUst clothes and a mouth guard. Some rugby union guys wear helmets, but prolly only 5% or so

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:17 am
MC99 wrote:I think once Wade said that he was thinking about actually selling his Band-Wade's did Stern decide to step in. If i wanted to be barraged with advertisements while watching something, I'd watch NASCAR. But I'd never stoop that low.

If that is true, than I rest my case. Now it is an issue. I don't want these whores hocking their private industries on the court. They already do it with their shoes. But at least it isn't that much of a distraction.

P.S. Interesting Quazza, it is a little more like wrestling. As you can appreciate in basketball, the arms are the most intricate limbs we have. I've never understood why soccer is so disarming!
War Years
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:51 am
Dude should be able to wear whatever the f*ck he wants when he can do stuff like this =

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02zXy54p7UA[/youtube]
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:51 am
Wade has stepped up lately and raised his level even more.He has got far less talent on his team than Lebron has on his and now I think Wade should get MVP. Take him away and the Heat win about ten games this season

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum