Chandler traded to OKC for Wilcox/Smith

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:32 pm
No link yet, this was posted on another board, so I'm not 100% sure it's true.

i was watching ESPN, and shocking news: Hornets sent Chandler to OKC and OKC sent Joe Smith/Wilcox to Hornets.

Hornets was playing so hot when Paul and Chandler play together.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:50 pm
yep, it is official. I think we are going to see a lot of "financial" trades rather than "basketball" trades like this one before the deadline.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3913301

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:51 pm
It's on ESPN dot com now.

Nice deal. I'm really liking what OKC is turning into. Lots of picks coming up, no horrible contracts, young core. Hopefully their fans don't turn into the a-holes of Portland's fanbase.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:52 pm
OKC is doing what we were doing before we signed Maggette, extended Jack, and traded for Crawford.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:32 pm
its not that shocking capt. It has been speculated for days now that chandler was going to be traded, and the one team that was always rumored to get him was in fact Oklahoma city.

But what is shocking, is that Oklahoma City are looking to be contenders in a couple years.... yikes.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:34 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:its not that shocking capt. It has been speculated for days now that chandler was going to be traded, and the one team that was always rumored to get him was in fact Oklahoma city.

But what is shocking, is that Oklahoma City are looking to be contenders in a couple years.... yikes.

I didn't say it was shocking, that was the post on my other board.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:38 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:its not that shocking capt. It has been speculated for days now that chandler was going to be traded, and the one team that was always rumored to get him was in fact Oklahoma city.

I didn't say it was shocking, that was the post on my other board.

oh my bad :oops:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:37 pm
It's obviously financial... but also it's a bit weird considering New Orleans status as a true contender. Why get worse at this point of the season?. Particularly because it may piss off some key players in their roster, like CP or West...

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:39 pm
TMC wrote:It's obviously financial... but also it's a bit weird considering New Orleans status as a true contender. Why get worse at this point of the season?. Particularly because it may piss off some key players in their roster, like CP or West...

CP just signed a extension right? I am sure he'll be over it
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:53 pm
saintdee wrote:
TMC wrote:It's obviously financial... but also it's a bit weird considering New Orleans status as a true contender. Why get worse at this point of the season?. Particularly because it may piss off some key players in their roster, like CP or West...

Yeah, but still makes no sense to get worse so clearly when you're a contender.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:57 pm
TMC wrote:
saintdee wrote:

Yeah, but still makes no sense to get worse so clearly when you're a contender.

rumor is N.O. isnt done... some speculate West might be gone too... and long shot (but shocking there considering this) Paul might be traded shortly, not necessarly by thursday, but soon, like this off season.

The point is, New Orleans cannot support a BBall team. The area is too poor, Katrina shrank 1/2 the population. Its very sad. And fortunately, New Orleans will have its Saints. But the Hornets should be out of there, they are losing so much money, and financially they cannot keep up. Their owner is thinking into selling the team and/or relocating, which IMO they should of done a couple of years ago to Oklahoma before the Sonics moved.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:17 pm
surely they wouldn't trade Paul though. That's a franchise killing move. Both Smith and Wilcox are expiring aren't they? Maybe they're targeting a FA this year? (but yeah, i too read it's financial)

Gotta love where OKC are heading though. They have some real nice pieces

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:21 pm
If they are thinking of trading Paul and West, that team needs to fold. Pack up, gtfo. Take the Grizzlies with them. Just to make it even.

With CP3, Orleans is a pretty good looking spot for free agents. They're making the space, but whether or not they spend the money is a different story.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:31 pm
Without Paul, New Orleans is simply not New Orleans. Chris Paul is NEW ORLEANS. He is the man that brought so much hope and passion to this franchise. Yet, it seems that may all go down the drain.

Regarding the trade... good one for OKC. They needed a center, and they got one in Chandler. He helps out their defense in the post. The front office is doing a fantastic job at building up this franchise. Give 'em a couple more years, and we'll be seeing some serious business being dished out from that team during the playoffs. So long as Durant, Green, and Westbrook keep growing, that team is destined to threaten others.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:51 pm
fine wrote:Nice deal. I'm really liking what OKC is turning into. Lots of picks coming up, no horrible contracts, young core. Hopefully their fans don't turn into the a-holes of Portland's fanbase.

They needed a Center and though Chandler is no star, he rebounds and defends, though it seems he is regressing at both somewhat. They now have a PG, SG,SF and C that are young and could be there for the next decade at least if they wanted. Collison is not old either and does the dirty work at PF/C for them, so nice lineup

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to NBA Forum