The rest of all star stuff

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:00 am
GEICO game- Horrible... where do they find these people? Kevin Durant made it a 3-point shooting contest. Joe Johnson tried to make it interesting... but KD ugh... how did they not invite Kevin Love? or someone who takes this semi seriously. I am glad they gave him that weak ass trophy. Its what he deserves.

Hier Shooting Star- Same as every year. Not very discussion worthy. PHX did choke big time.

Playstation Skills challenge- That kid seriously messed up Mo Williams time. That was at least 1 or more seconds. Was it just me or did none of them try very hard?

Footlocker 3 point contest- Worst I've seen in a long time. 7pts? you serious? Couldn't they find any pure shooters for this instead of sending scorers?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:08 am
saintdee wrote:GEICO game- Horrible... where do they find these people? Kevin Durant made it a 3-point shooting contest. Joe Johnson tried to make it interesting... but KD ugh... how did they not invite Kevin Love? or someone who takes this semi seriously. I am glad they gave him that weak ass trophy. Its what he deserves.

Hier Shooting Star- Same as every year. Not very discussion worthy. PHX did choke big time.

Playstation Skills challenge- That kid seriously messed up Mo Williams time. That was at least 1 or more seconds. Was it just me or did none of them try very hard?

Footlocker 3 point contest- Worst I've seen in a long time. 7pts? you serious? Couldn't they find any pure shooters for this instead of sending scorers?

Im only 22 years old, but this following comment will make me sound 42:

WTF is up with these kids these days. They get paid more than there previous predecesor players and care much much less. No effort on almost any challenge (maybe besides the 3 point one... but some of those guys were out of shape).

I got a solution.There need to players that WANT to be there, not FORCED. I think stern just hand picks them himself or does stupid fan voting or whatever dumb judgement he does. Players themselves should nominate each other (each player getting equal vote, not just stars). Therefore its more of a respect thing from your peers, and psychologically would might put more effort on each other. The NBA had SO MANY commercials last night, some of that money should go to the winners of these contests (they already do, but the dollar amount is pretty small) and NONE to the second and third places as they do (which almost make the same now as the winners of this thing). Therefore, if there not playing for pride and honor, they are playing for greed.

ANY of these ideas will make for a better contest in all fields.

Return to NBA Forum