Slam Dunk Competition 2009

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:06 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:This is a below average one. JR smith was a snoozer (it was suppose to be Rudy Gay so i dont blame him). The other Rudy, Fernandez, got robbed. Robinson deserved the win, and howard had some good dunks... but in the end of the day, it was simply..

MEH

I agree, I think last year was so exciting this year was kind of a let down. I still can't believe Dwight did the same dunk as last year, seriously!

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:08 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:This is a below average one. JR smith was a snoozer (it was suppose to be Rudy Gay so i dont blame him). The other Rudy, Fernandez, got robbed. Robinson deserved the win, and howard had some good dunks... but in the end of the day, it was simply..

MEH

I agree, I think last year was so exciting this year was kind of a let down. I still can't believe Dwight did the same dunk as last year, seriously!

Robinson's wilson chandler dunk and JR Smiths teammate pass from meeks were 2 of the lamest dunks of all time.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:10 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

MEH

Robinson's wilson chandler dunk and JR Smiths teammate pass from meeks were 2 of the lamest dunks of all time.

Yeah I agree, at that point I was about to turn it off. I liked Dwight's idea to use the 12ft basket, but it was WAY too easy for him...he should have done something more complicated. I also liked his off the side of the backboard dunk. If he had done that one last he would have won.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:14 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

MEH

Yeah I agree, at that point I was about to turn it off. I liked Dwight's idea to use the 12ft basket, but it was WAY too easy for him...he should have done something more complicated. I also liked his off the side of the backboard dunk. If he had done that one last he would have won.[/quote

I'm still ticked rudy fernandez got robbed. I might say it 10 more times. But we have seen time and again in these contests, when people miss dunks numerous times (Robinson in 2005 comes to mind) and after their 50th attempt, they get it in, and score a 50. Fernandez did it within the time constraint, and got a 42.. If this was Howard, or Robinson, or LeBron, or any star, he would of gotten a 50.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:18 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

MEH

Yeah I agree, at that point I was about to turn it off. I liked Dwight's idea to use the 12ft basket, but it was WAY too easy for him...he should have done something more complicated. I also liked his off the side of the backboard dunk. If he had done that one last he would have won.

I'm still ticked rudy fernandez got robbed. I might say it 10 more times. But we have seen time and again in these contests, when people miss dunks numerous times (Robinson in 2005 comes to mind) and after their 50th attempt, they get it in, and score a 50. Fernandez did it within the time constraint, and got a 42.. If this was Howard, or Robinson, or LeBron, or any star, he would of gotten a 50.

Yep, for sure. Although it's just a stupid dunk contest, it is a big indication of how the NBA works. Stars get whatever they want and everyone else gets screwed.

It's just like how Azubuike and/or Morrow weren't in the 3 pt. contest. I mean come on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:22 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

MEH

Yep, for sure. Although it's just a stupid dunk contest, it is a big indication of how the NBA works. Stars get whatever they want and everyone else gets screwed.

It's just like how Azubuike and/or Morrow weren't in the 3 pt. contest. I mean come on.

which is why the NFL and MLB (despite all their issues and problems) are STILL more credible and unequal than Stern's rigged NBA league.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:57 pm
Dwight disappointed me. But it is pretty hard to be creative your 3rd time in the competition. Still... wish he would of opened eyes because he had the whole arena and world in the palm of his hands wondering what the hell he was going to do.

I'm just curious to see what LeBron will do in next year's competition. That'll be something.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:34 am
i was bored throughout all the all star events this year... we all know the dunk contest was rigged i mean common... nate having his "kryptonite" fit ready knowing that he was gonna go up against dwight. during the intros rudi and jr werent really excited... but on the other side u see dwight and nate dancing with each other. they really need to step up and get more exciting people to participate. No DERON for the skill challenge to defend him title. A 3 pt contest with no ray allen, dirk, peja... and so on.... the dunk comp needs to bring the best dunkers in the game.
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:16 am
weak dunk contest. weakest ive seen since stromile swift was in the dunk contest. :shock:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:02 am
RUN HOME JACK wrote:i was bored throughout all the all star events this year... we all know the dunk contest was rigged i mean common... nate having his "kryptonite" fit ready knowing that he was gonna go up against dwight. during the intros rudi and jr werent really excited... but on the other side u see dwight and nate dancing with each other. they really need to step up and get more exciting people to participate. No DERON for the skill challenge to defend him title. A 3 pt contest with no ray allen, dirk, peja... and so on.... the dunk comp needs to bring the best dunkers in the game.

not really rigged... they just got a lock of weak competition with no creativity. Rudy might have gotten in if he got his dunk on in like the 3rd attempt instead of totally running out of time.

Nate Robinson's first 2 dunks were dumb as hell. That Wilson Chandler one? :roll:

Dwight should have done the dunks in a different order. Save the Superman 12ft rim for the finals do duel with nate's kryptonite.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:32 am
True i agree what a weak Dunk Contest, there was no creativity, We already saw the superman suit, he should come out with a different costume. Nate Robinson jumping of Dwight's back he pushed off, he did not clearly jump over him, i have seen high school dunk context better than this. Am sure Lebron will make it much much more interesting next year.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:43 pm
http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5800020549

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:00 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5800020549

i would rather watch this clip over and over for 30 minutes than a repeat of last nights contest.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:01 pm
E-Man wrote:

i would rather watch this clip over and over for 30 minutes than a repeat of last nights contest.

I agree, that guy puts Robinson's dunk over Howard to shame. There are tons of other videos on NBA.com by the way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:19 pm
E-Man wrote:

I know right. I mean, why didn't that kid win?

BTW, anyone think its time for the dunk contest to have defenders? I mean like posterizing someone with a defender in his face. That would be sick.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum