It's Not Just a Break, It's a Break Up

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:02 am
what does snooping around other boards get you. Insider info:

Terry Porter is going to be ousted in Phoenix.

Good riddance. This is the first good move Kerr has made as GM.
Last edited by f1n3 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
fine wrote:what does snooping around other boards get you. Insider info:

Terry Porter is going to be ousted in Phoenix.

Good riddance. This is the first good move Kerr has made as GM.

I have been calling his head for ages now. Amare isnt the main problem, neither is shaq. Its Porter. AND Kerr.

Which is why, as i stated last week, Suns fans have more to worry than us
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:01 am
Yeah seriously, if Steve Kerr wants to turn the Suns organization around he should fire himself right after he fires Porter.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:03 am
Hmm i wonder who they will bring in as a new coach, it is a mess over in the land of the Suns. Am not sure that firing their coach is the way to go, we saw what happened in Toronto, the season is not over yet and they are still fighting for playoff spot, why not wait till the end of the season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:29 am
Well Porter has to be the first one that is scrutinised, as the head coach is the one calling the shots and always the one that is creditted with the results, good or bad. Kerr is no genius either. Both though are better than we have here, as this franchise dreams of having an offseason, yet still be in playoff position

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:57 am
the worst move Kerr has made(and he's made a few)was letting D'Antoni go. Hiring Porter was 2nd worse
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:09 am
Quazza wrote:the worst move Kerr has made(and he's made a few)was letting D'Antoni go. Hiring Porter was 2nd worse

I don't think Terry Porter is a bad coach. Just one that can't be compared to D'Antoni, and who doesn't run the same system, which is a big problem considering the kind of roster Phoenix has.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:17 pm
I agree. Porter just isn't the coach for the team. They need a more offensive minded coach. Every one on that squad focuses more on their offensive game than defensive.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:47 pm
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:the worst move Kerr has made(and he's made a few)was letting D'Antoni go. Hiring Porter was 2nd worse

I don't think Terry Porter is a bad coach. Just one that can't be compared to D'Antoni, and who doesn't run the same system, which is a big problem considering the kind of roster Phoenix has.

Yeah see i didn't say he was a bad coach mate;) Just like you said, the wrong coach for that roster
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:57 pm
Quazza wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yeah see i didn't say he was a bad coach mate;) Just like you said, the wrong coach for that roster

The way I see it, if that roster doesn't want to play defense, changes in the roster are needed.

Porter might not have the right coaching style, offensively and defensively, so it might be almost all him

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:40 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
TMC wrote:

The way I see it, if that roster doesn't want to play defense, changes in the roster are needed.

Porter might not have the right coaching style, offensively and defensively, so it might be almost all him

I really consider Porter as a good coach. Not great, but good enough to be leading a NBA team. Loved his job in Milwaukee (his first season was great, his second was pretty awful, but you can blame it on injuries as well), but he's not doing such a great job in Phoenix.

Still, I think the biggest problem is their roster. Nash can't play with Shaq. Amare looks lost with Shaq in the middle as well. Their bench is incredibly thin, with only Barbosa as a legit option.

I think the biggest problem Phoenix has is the terrible job Kerr has done since he became the GM.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:16 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
TMC wrote:

I really consider Porter as a good coach. Not great, but good enough to be leading a NBA team. Loved his job in Milwaukee (his first season was great, his second was pretty awful, but you can blame it on injuries as well), but he's not doing such a great job in Phoenix.

Still, I think the biggest problem is their roster. Nash can't play with Shaq. Amare looks lost with Shaq in the middle as well. Their bench is incredibly thin, with only Barbosa as a legit option.

I think the biggest problem Phoenix has is the terrible job Kerr has done since he became the GM.

You know, I thought getting Shaq for Marion was a horrible move for them, but the way Shaq's played, he's been a great adition, it just isn't fitting well. Nash should be able to work well with Shaq though, just getting him the ball in the half court, cutting to the basket or hitting open threes, it really baffles me. Amare I can understand, as Shaq gets the ball quite a bit now and that has taken away from Amare

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:27 am
migya wrote:Nash should be able to work well with Shaq though, just getting him the ball in the half court, cutting to the basket or hitting open threes, it really baffles me.

Well, problem here is that Nash thrives on a faster game, he's much more suited for running D'Antoni's system than a more conventional one with a slower center that can't play at that pace.

Shaq has been producing well enough, but he's just a terrible fit for a player like Nash. Both are damaging each other's game.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:41 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Nash should be able to work well with Shaq though, just getting him the ball in the half court, cutting to the basket or hitting open threes, it really baffles me.

Well, problem here is that Nash thrives on a faster game, he's much more suited for running D'Antoni's system than a more conventional one with a slower center that can't play at that pace.

Shaq has been producing well enough, but he's just a terrible fit for a player like Nash. Both are damaging each other's game.

I understand that but the way Nash plays, with the quickness and great shooting, he could really do well in the half court game, sort of like Stockton did. Adjustments have to be made when there is a roster change and looks like that team hasn't done that

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:06 pm
well its all but official, he is gone... http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3909711
Next

Return to NBA Forum