Current most under-rated NBA players

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:34 am
saintdee wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Peja did not shot 54% last year more like 44 %, still pretty good, but that is one aspect of his game, no doubt that he can shot, but the guy has fallen off since his days in Sac. This year he is shooting 41 on overall field goal, and in his career with the hornets he did not shoot over 45 percent in total field goal. And lets not start talking about his defense, because he has none.

So you leave Duncan the 4 time NBA champ of your list that includes Kobe and Lebron, as much as NBA is about individuals its also about winning. Although Timmy is not as flashy as the 2 above he gets the job done i think you are underrating Timmy. Well if Paul is not in the same class as Kobe and Lebron he is very close, due to his importance on his team.

whoops wikipedia lied to me

Wikipedia usually lies a lot... at least since it became mainstream. :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:08 pm
Most underrated player by far is MARCUS BANKS. The kid is the REAL GEM in the deal between Toronto and Miami. I mean, c'mon, even TMC would agree with that. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:45 pm
xbay wrote:Most underrated player by far is MARCUS BANKS. The kid is the REAL GEM in the deal between Toronto and Miami. I mean, c'mon, even TMC would agree with that. :mrgreen:

Put him with Crapford in a backcourt and you may be onto something there... :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:34 am
TMC wrote:
saintdee wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Peja did not shot 54% last year more like 44 %, still pretty good, but that is one aspect of his game, no doubt that he can shot, but the guy has fallen off since his days in Sac. This year he is shooting 41 on overall field goal, and in his career with the hornets he did not shoot over 45 percent in total field goal. And lets not start talking about his defense, because he has none.

So you leave Duncan the 4 time NBA champ of your list that includes Kobe and Lebron, as much as NBA is about individuals its also about winning. Although Timmy is not as flashy as the 2 above he gets the job done i think you are underrating Timmy. Well if Paul is not in the same class as Kobe and Lebron he is very close, due to his importance on his team.

whoops wikipedia lied to me

Wikipedia usually lies a lot... at least since it became mainstream. :wink:

Man what do you trust when you cant trust wikipedia, thats a shame on thier part :banghead:

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:38 pm
To add to the list Trevor Ariza, nice size at 6'8 and handles, good defender, although overshadowed over in L.A.

Kyle Weaver from the bobcats, 2nd round draft pick, getting better with time, will improve to be solid in the NBA.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:28 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:To add to the list Trevor Ariza, nice size at 6'8 and handles, good defender, although overshadowed over in L.A.

Kyle Weaver from the bobcats, 2nd round draft pick, getting better with time, will improve to be solid in the NBA.

Isn't Kyle Weaver on the Thunder?

And I don't like him, but I gotta give credit where it's due. Shane Battier is the most underrated defender in the NBA, and is also a sharpshooter 3 point shooter. If you look at +/- differentials for the entire season, Battier is extremely excellent in this regard.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:45 pm
I always confuse the Thunder and Bobcats for some reason, could be their similar looking jerseys or the fact that they are both sorry low budget, bummy teams.

Shane is solid, if there is a player that does things that don't show up on the stat sheet this is the guy. An absolute team player, excellent defender, dive for the lose ball, all the dirty work this guy will do it, i can see how his +/- differential would be excellent. And most importantly he has stayed healthy for the rockets, he needs to pass the secret to some of his teammates.

To add to the list JR Smith from the Denver nuggets, guy has all the intangibles, out of the world athlete, nice range, ideal size for sg.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum