Current most under-rated NBA players

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:33 pm
Really, Mr. C? Despite everything you said, I still notice him as one of my top 3 best PF's of all time.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:35 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
migya wrote:Hamilton definately is underrated but I think Al Jefferson, as that guy doesn't get much mention and isn't even allstar after the season he has had

True sometimes I forget about the guy but Al Jefferson should aslo be on that list, maybe when Minni gets a solid point and some wing players he will get the respcet he deserves.

Same with David Lee, the issue with Lee is he doesnt WOW many people he just goes in grabs like 20 boards quietly, and is forgotten. I did not even know he was averaging 16 points to go with the boards this season thats pretty amazing.

Never thought Lee was that special ubtil this season where he has become one of the most efficient players in the nba. He could be offered 14 million a year by some team

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:58 pm
migya wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
migya wrote:Hamilton definately is underrated but I think Al Jefferson, as that guy doesn't get much mention and isn't even allstar after the season he has had

True sometimes I forget about the guy but Al Jefferson should aslo be on that list, maybe when Minni gets a solid point and some wing players he will get the respcet he deserves.

Same with David Lee, the issue with Lee is he doesnt WOW many people he just goes in grabs like 20 boards quietly, and is forgotten. I did not even know he was averaging 16 points to go with the boards this season thats pretty amazing.

Never thought Lee was that special ubtil this season where he has become one of the most efficient players in the nba. He could be offered 14 million a year by some team

His value has risen because of his play, he will be a restricted free agent this seasonam sure its going to be hard for the Knicks to match.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:09 pm
Quazza wrote:really? see i have him as the greatest PF ever to play the game

all imo of course. He's a freak of a basketball player

I agree, but he isnt treated and given the coverage as he is. The media over looks him

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:13 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

I agree, but he isnt treated and given the coverage as he is. The media over looks him

under-appreciated is more fit.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:15 pm
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

LOL

Under appreciative = underrated.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:15 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
saintdee wrote:you underrate david west
you can say david west raised his average to 17 points a game in the 3 year because of his increased minutes from 18 to 36. it was his third year. and that chris paul came.

sure Chris Paul was a reason but theres a reason why Tyson Chandler can't make the allstar team with paul but david west did.

The point is, they are winning and that is attributed the arrival of Chris Paul, like Lebron, he is carrying his team, with out him they are garbage.
Give a team like the hornets to Kobe and he will complain, and demand a trade like he did in the 07 season season. Paul is carrying his team making them win like Lebron but he is never spoken under the same breathe.

What? Everyone says Chris Paul is the best pg.. but nobody except maybe Kobe is in the same breathe as Lebron right now.

Lebron has taking his team to contending for a championship with a bunch fo role players and Mo William(who is borderline allstar)

Chris Paul hasnt taken his team to nearly the same level with Peja and David West.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:24 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

LOL

shirley, you can't be serious. they can go together, often. but they are not synonymous.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:34 pm
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

LOL

shirley, you can't be serious. they can go together, often. but they are not synonymous.

well they go hand in hand. Duncan is not appreciated, therefore people dont see him play. So u never hear his name in talks for MVP as often as they should of. He has been so great for so long. Yet people always focused on KG (who acts like a deuche) while ignoring Timmy (who is better than KG, but people assume otherwise).

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:45 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:well they go hand in hand. Duncan is not appreciated, therefore people dont see him play. So u never hear his name in talks for MVP as often as they should of. He has been so great for so long. Yet people always focused on KG (who acts like a deuche) while ignoring Timmy (who is better than KG, but people assume otherwise).

cap tip

glad to hear you put down KG. I had you pegged as an all-things-boston lover.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:51 pm
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:well they go hand in hand. Duncan is not appreciated, therefore people dont see him play. So u never hear his name in talks for MVP as often as they should of. He has been so great for so long. Yet people always focused on KG (who acts like a deuche) while ignoring Timmy (who is better than KG, but people assume otherwise).

cap tip

glad to hear you put down KG. I had you pegged as an all-things-boston lover.

Oh hell no... Besides Rajon Rondo and Dustin Pedroia, every player, coach, and team from all Boston teams i despise... Worst sports city ever. Celts bball team, Patriots football, hate red soxs, bruins are my latest anti boston team... I hate it all.

But Rondo is simply a beast and pedroia is a sav

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:19 am
saintdee wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
you can say david west raised his average to 17 points a game in the 3 year because of his increased minutes from 18 to 36. it was his third year. and that chris paul came.

sure Chris Paul was a reason but theres a reason why Tyson Chandler can't make the allstar team with paul but david west did.

The point is, they are winning and that is attributed the arrival of Chris Paul, like Lebron, he is carrying his team, with out him they are garbage.
Give a team like the hornets to Kobe and he will complain, and demand a trade like he did in the 07 season season. Paul is carrying his team making them win like Lebron but he is never spoken under the same breathe.

What? Everyone says Chris Paul is the best pg.. but nobody except maybe Kobe is in the same breathe as Lebron right now.

Lebron has taking his team to contending for a championship with a bunch fo role players and Mo William(who is borderline allstar)

Chris Paul hasnt taken his team to nearly the same level with Peja and David West.

And what has Peja done for the hornets ? Lebron is physically imposing, same as Kobe at 6'6, Paul 6'0 is at average size doing all of this for his team. I mean Kobe and Lebron are top players no doubting that but why not including Paul in that group, he has the same affect on his team as the other 2.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:55 am
warriorsstepup wrote:
saintdee wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

And what has Peja done for the hornets ? Lebron is physically imposing, same as Kobe at 6'6, Paul 6'0 is at average size doing all of this for his team. I mean Kobe and Lebron are top players no doubting that but why not including Paul in that group, he has the same affect on his team as the other 2.

Are you underrating Peja? Peja is a 3 time allstar who shot 54% on 3s last year.

Besides how can you seriously claim that Paul is in the same class as Kobe and Lebron?

There is a upper echelon and Chris Paul rightfully belongs there with amazing players like Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan etc.

But Lebron is a freak of nature that should not exist so he is in his own subcategory. Kobe is like everyone in the NBA says the best basketball player in the world.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:46 pm
Peja did not shot 54% last year more like 44 %, still pretty good, but that is one aspect of his game, no doubt that he can shot, but the guy has fallen off since his days in Sac. This year he is shooting 41 on overall field goal, and in his career with the hornets he did not shoot over 45 percent in total field goal. And lets not start talking about his defense, because he has none.

So you leave Duncan the 4 time NBA champ of your list that includes Kobe and Lebron, as much as NBA is about individuals its also about winning. Although Timmy is not as flashy as the 2 above he gets the job done i think you are underrating Timmy. Well if Paul is not in the same class as Kobe and Lebron he is very close, due to his importance on his team.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:06 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Peja did not shot 54% last year more like 44 %, still pretty good, but that is one aspect of his game, no doubt that he can shot, but the guy has fallen off since his days in Sac. This year he is shooting 41 on overall field goal, and in his career with the hornets he did not shoot over 45 percent in total field goal. And lets not start talking about his defense, because he has none.

So you leave Duncan the 4 time NBA champ of your list that includes Kobe and Lebron, as much as NBA is about individuals its also about winning. Although Timmy is not as flashy as the 2 above he gets the job done i think you are underrating Timmy. Well if Paul is not in the same class as Kobe and Lebron he is very close, due to his importance on his team.

whoops wikipedia lied to me
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum